Old Yeller vs Drag Truck "2021"

Who wins this ?

• Mopar Sam & Old Yeller

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 318willrun & Drag Truck

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • I don't care who wins, I wouldn't want to miss it!

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get outta here, never going to happen.......

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
-
Just thinking, your short bed is like an "altered WB" compared to my long bed... LOL. I'm excited for the learning curve of trying to get a truck to hook. I'm thinking "on the street" and not on a prepped track, a 1.9 60ft might be an accomplishment...

It may be interesting!

A little at a time....

DSCN3412[1].JPG

DSCN3411[1].JPG

DSCN3413[1].JPG

Looks like 318willsticktothepavement is getting serious...
I better start looking for some tires!

One area where I may not be light will be wheels. I'm starting off with steel rims for the following reasons. 1.) I already have them. 2.) I won't need 3" studs with the drag radials. 3.) At the present, it fits the farm build look, especially if I run the factory poverty caps

One area where I may not be light will be wheels. I'm starting off with steel rims for the following reasons. 1.) I already have them. 2.) I won't need 3" studs with the drag radials. 3.) At the present, it fits the farm build look, especially if I run the factory poverty caps

I am with you on this one, I have a pair of slots I will run my daily tires on, but nothing but steel wheels for when I get drag radials. As of now, probably steels on the front as well. You never know what deals may pop up on craigslist though.

In my opinion, there are only a few types of wheels that would look right on Old Yeller. I like the the old look even if it slows me down a little.

Got the DRag TRuck insurance bill today... 57.78 for 6 months. I can afford that, I guess...

Looks like 318willsticktothepavement is getting serious...
I better start looking for some tires!
Tomorrow I'll finish with the tie rods on the 'stang, then paint the rims and hopefully Friday I'll get the MT's mounted. It's not like I'll need them for a few months, but a guy's gotta do what he can....

Well, he is way ahead right now. His runs, and I still have to build a motor....

I think traction will play a huge part.

Quickcrete sacks strategically placed will fix that crap. lol

Last edited:
I have an aluminum big block 440 intake manifold if you're interested. It's a Edelbrock 440 performer.
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. I really have my sights set on a Street Dominator for the 440. We'll see....

Drag Radials look good on the steel rims and poverty caps...

View attachment 1715642316
You did a great job with them! I saw your video this morning them turned out amazing. I think eventually im gonna get me a set of them drag radials and put them on my 15 inch wheels and redo my mopar rallies and put a good set of cruising tires on them so I can swap back and forth as needed. My rallies are 14s so it may be challenging to find a tire wide enough in a 14 that won't just break loose under normal driving lol

You did a great job with them! I saw your video this morning them turned out amazing. I think eventually im gonna get me a set of them drag radials and put them on my 15 inch wheels and redo my mopar rallies and put a good set of cruising tires on them so I can swap back and forth as needed. My rallies are 14s so it may be challenging to find a tire wide enough in a 14 that won't just break loose under normal driving lol
thanks! More important than looks, though, we need it to BITE the asphalt!

It will. Well for now im not to sure about when you get the big block in it lol
My priority list as it stands:
  1. Rear end swap (I need)
  2. 5.9 mag with non-lock up tranny swap (I have)
I'm hoping the 5.9 will run a low 13/maybe even a high 12. This will be a great test for the traction game. Realistically if I can cut a 1.8 in street form, that will be fantastic for a truck. But, of course, we are shooting for the absolute best we can get it to do

My priority list as it stands:
  1. Rear end swap (I need)
  2. 5.9 mag with non-lock up tranny swap (I have)
I'm hoping the 5.9 will run a low 13/maybe even a high 12. This will be a great test for the traction game. Realistically if I can cut a 1.8 in street form, that will be fantastic for a truck. But, of course, we are shooting for the absolute best we can get it to do
You can do it! Id love to see that truck go 12s with a small block 5.9!

Bought a 8.75 truck rear end today.... :)
One piece at a time ....
:thumbsup:

Winter cold, lots of snow, and I'm down in the polls.
Looking to push forward with the rear end build. I may splurge on some Moser axles, run a spool. Still in thought.... :realcrazy:

Winter cold, lots of snow, and I'm down in the polls.
Looking to push forward with the rear end build. I may splurge on some Moser axles, run a spool. Still in thought.... :realcrazy:

Since the suregrip turned out to be for a 8 1/4, I'm going to put a new spool in the 742 housing.

-
Back