On a newsstand near you.

-

funnycar farmer

Reaction score
The newest issue of HotRod Deluxe hit the stands this week. As they promised, the '64 Dart is on the cover. If you like gassers and altereds, pick up the issue. Its a good read on alot of early history of these types of cars. The feature on mine and Bills Nova are not really features, but a kick-off story to what is in the issue. Good reads.

Dale

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/shop-projects-1/dalesnewpomonashop/img019.html

Righteous!!! I love that magazine. Good cars and stuff without all the "lifestyle" BS that the other old-skool mags have. I could care less about pompadours and rockabilly music, i just love the cars. anyway, congrats on making the cover, glad you are getting some well-deserved recognition Dale.
-Tim

:-DVery cool Dale And congratulations :cheers: It will be easy to find it with the brunette standing there in all her glory =P~ Thanks for the heads up I will keep an eye out and snag one up.

I still can't see your car ! My eyes keep drifting over to the left.:toothy10:
No really congratulations man .:cheers:
I hope you bought a dozen copies to keep .

Looks Great. Kudos for getting your Dart on the cover. Helps ya forget the busted knuckles while you where building it. Where you there while they were shooting the Dart? That Sarah looks like a real sweetheart... But looks can be deceiving.

The issue really has some good content. The magazine guys say it'll be a stand-out issue for the year, due to the old pictures.

The model, Sarah McDowd (google her, and watch out!!) was a real gem! She was fun, and had a good time with everyone, but when it was time to get serious, she capped it. I wish I had access to all the pictures they took. A couple were really over the top, and most likely too risque for the mag, but done in black and white, would have made a great shop poster. I'll have to make some calls to the photographer who did the work.

Kinda weird about what Freiburger said in the story. Offbeat... I disagree. If you really dive in to old photos, there were dozens of Darts and Valiants back then. Even a few Corvairs, and Ramblers. Everything was fair game! Most, if not all these privateers, were working class folk who were trying to cash in on the match race weekend stuff to help out their incomes.

Dale

I saw it last night...congrats. The photographer did a great job with the car, and when you get one of those shop posters, let me know... I'd even hang one of those up.
I took a quick look, but no pics of the Pup or the Executioner. Two cars I can't get enough of.
I wanted to ask you a question regarding the old '66 cars. Do you remember one that was white and had alternating red and white stripes over the back half of the roof similar to the Candymatic, but was a steel door slammer? I have a pic that shows the back end of the car, and I can't tell if it is a D/Dart, or something more radical. It is a GT hardtop.

I saw it last night...congrats. The photographer did a great job with the car, and when you get one of those shop posters, let me know... I'd even hang one of those up.
I took a quick look, but no pics of the Pup or the Executioner. Two cars I can't get enough of.
I wanted to ask you a question regarding the old '66 cars. Do you remember one that was white and had alternating red and white stripes over the back half of the roof similar to the Candymatic, but was a steel door slammer? I have a pic that shows the back end of the car, and I can't tell if it is a D/Dart, or something more radical. It is a GT hardtop.
Could it be something from "Wild Bill" Schrewsberry?

Cool, I love this car!! Is this the car Steve Magnante chopped up in the first issue of HD Deluxe? as a DYI to on altered WBcars. Love that magazine!

Could it be Ramchargers? Oh, and congrats Dale!!

ramchargers.jpg

I don't get it......is this a "news-stand only" magazine? I can read about it at Hot Rod, but not subscribe !!

What gives?? This looks like a "gotta have" to me.....I is a old guy ya' know.

yes right now they don't offer subscriptions to HRD. which sucks. at least its easy to find.
-Tim

Could it be Ramchargers? Oh, and congrats Dale!!
It looks just like the Ramchargers paint except that the stripes stop where the vinyl top would be...unlike the Ramchargers dart where the stripes go all the way across the top. This car is also a GT and still has the script attached to the pillar. I'm pretty sure this is another D/Dart but it has some mighty big slicks for stock class. I can't see the door or forward, because in my pic the "Chicagoland Dodge Boys II" Hemi Coronet is sitting in front of it.

Cool, I love this car!! Is this the car Steve Magnante chopped up in the first issue of HD Deluxe? as a DYI to on altered WBcars. Love that magazine!
No. This is what I refer to as the "sister" car to Steve's, which I built as well alongside with Steve, in his backyard, which we always called "The Hillbilly Hellshack"!! Our goals were to take the show on the road, and match race all over the West. Then, he upped and sold his house here in SoCal, and purchased a beautiful home in his native Mass. Astoundingly, he drives his AWB as much as I do, much to everyones surprise. Grocery store, cruise nights, etc...

Outsider- Any chance of seeing the picture? Maybe with Steve's help, we might be able to identify it??

DAle

Where the heck can i find this magazine......I have looked in our local area....I may have to go to next town over......It's killing me I can't find it

Dale,
The car looks great....... Gotta ask you about the vintage looking slicks. Where did you get them and of course -- were they expensive? Also, what size are they? I'd like to replace the dry-rotted bias ply tires on my D/Dart.
Alan

Dale,
The car looks great....... Gotta ask you about the vintage looking slicks. Where did you get them and of course -- were they expensive? Also, what size are they? I'd like to replace the dry-rotted bias ply tires on my D/Dart.
Alan

Alan, try this site. You may find something you like here. I've seen their pie crust cheater slicks, and the front runners up close on a friends Hemi Dart, and they look pretty good.
http://www.hurstracingtires.com/1093440.html

(He had an original set of cheater slicks from the early '60s for comparison , and though the recapped slicks looked the same...they were actually done on two different brand tires. They had a cool checkered flag type sidewall instead of the piecrust. Unfortunately they were only 14".)

-
Back