On the other hand

-

FEATHERDUSTER76

The Feather Duster is Mopar's Light Weight
Reaction score
I bought My Duster without the slant 6 they had pulled it and it was long gone I paid $100 for it . I then bought a /6 with trans (904) and got that for $100 I did get to drive the car it came out of. A 78 Volare super 6.an it was real strong 2years later trans went poop $1000 to have rebuilt with a great shift kit.I pulled it and put it back in. Saved $400 that way. it had leaf springs that messed with the axle they made it set 2" back from were it S/B so I bought leaf springs shackles air shocks they cost all all together $350 . BuT BE SURE IF I HAD THE CASH things would have been a little different. I'm going to have the 6 rebuilt and go thru axle. I got real lucky 2 days ago I bought a pair of buckets for $100 they have a rip about 4 to 5" long . Not sure what that comes to but I also put new brake lines, Rotor Calipers on front. Drums were 10" and good But did wheel cylinders . I have front L.fender from 74 Valiant . A Nice thing for Me is I have worked long time in fiberglass and body and fender also I can paint. I'll be posting some pics in next couple days. I'm just saying that Even if You are in a tight budget You have to look hard to find good deals most of them are here on FABO . IT PROBABLY ENJOY driving My car as much as anyone else Last I do have it insured for $15,000 if You are new to this real fun Be sure to Insure .So NOW you have both sides of the Coin

Uhhh.....
$1000 to rebuild a transmission for a slant six?

01 13 percent.jpg

You can BUY a good used 318 and 904 for less than that. Holeeee crap!
Are there no self serve junkyards near you? The 84-89 Diplomat-Gran Fury-Fifth Avenue cars had 318s, 999/904s with the low gear 1st and 2nd and can be pulled from junkyard cars for under $500 total. You would be way ahead by considering this rather than what you're doing.

Uhhh.....
$1000 to rebuild a transmission for a slant six?

View attachment 1716147865

You can BUY a good used 318 and 904 for less than that. Holeeee crap!
Are there no self serve junkyards near you? The 84-89 Diplomat-Gran Fury-Fifth Avenue cars had 318s, 999/904s with the low gear 1st and 2nd and can be pulled from junkyard cars for under $500 total. You would be way ahead by considering this rather than what you're doing.
There is only 1 Yard that has any Mopar in the area and it's just over 60 miles from where I live the next is about 150 miles and the Mopar's they have, have no engine or tranny's .My driver's side door is creased to the point if it been any more the window wouldn't role down. The yard the far one wanted $300 for the door no guts or window. Prices are outrageous out here that's why I'm Glad I found FABO I've gotten some parts that are hard to find here or the price is high enough I just about pass out when I'm given the price. The place that did the rebuild put a shift kit and guarantee I could do engine 30 over with all the bells and whistles and his rebuild could handle it I figured that was good?

You are way under budget and looking forward to seeing your duster, congratulations

My driver's side door is creased to the point if it been any more the window wouldn't role down.

What year is your Duster? I have a very good driver door from a (I believe anyway) 73. Everything on the door works and it's fully loaded. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'm at least somewhat local to you.

Well so far I have done a few things to My Duster replaced Drivers side door and fender. Most of all the nicest thing I wa driving along and setting on a trailer is a 74 Valiant I asked about the front fender and hood the mam at the door said You want them take them . He also let Me take windshield wiper motor all the ac connections from fire wall to the radiator. His son came out and helped me take it all off. P.S. I had to pinch Myself several times to B sure I wasn't Dreaming
20240416_193858.jpg
20240416_193836.jpg
with new door and fender I bench painted both did strip after they were on . I will post Free fenders and hood the Son even hauled them to My storage unit for me

-
Back