once again DC prooves to be stupid

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
I can believe this crap, This is what there calling a Charger?
Get real, I was in the market for a new car soon and was goving DC a chance. But they came out with this "Jewel" lmao. Buy a clue DC, Build a rearwheel V-8 and make a Charger like the concept Charger from the late 90's.
Guess im goin to buy a 05 or 06 Mustang, Got to admit, Ford hit a homerun with this car. Way to go Ford for knowing what people want and willing to stick your neck out.

Check the links below for some laughs.

http://aolsvc.sports.aol.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/01/11/dodge.charger/index.html

We were going to wait to buy a new Charger, but went with a Magnum R/T instead. I think Dodges design and features give the most value for the doller with their new offerings. It's easier to be a leader than a follower.

I don't know about you, but I think the Magnum SRT8 looks badass! :shock:
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

The Magnum is a cool vehicle, and it's actually usefull. The new Charger...I can't see any influence from ANY old Charger in it. I keep trying to look at that flip up in the body line at the rear door, but it still doens't do it. I would consider a new 300 C or the Magnum, but DC can keep the Charger. I am considering a new Mustang. I don't think Ford had to stick their neck out at all, the car was a huge success when it was new in 64, compared the then, there were other cars out there that were cool. In todays world what does it compare to? They have no competition.

gts340 said:
The Magnum is a cool vehicle, and it's actually usefull. The new Charger...I can't see any influence from ANY old Charger in it. I keep trying to look at that flip up in the body line at the rear door, but it still doens't do it. I would consider a new 300 C or the Magnum, but DC can keep the Charger. I am considering a new Mustang. I don't think Ford had to stick their neck out at all, the car was a huge success when it was new in 64, compared the then, there were other cars out there that were cool. In todays world what does it compare to? They have no competition.

OK, This is where I would dissagree and yet agree with a couple things.
For me I dont see where the Magnum is usefull at all, Not compared to todays world of SUV's. The Magnum to me is nothing more then a stationwagon on steroids.
The 300 C just dosent do it for me, For some reason to me that car is butt ugly.
I agree that DC can keep the Charger, I see no past Charger influence either. And for them to call this car a Charger is a shame.
I also agree Ford had a hit in 64 with the Mustang but they also had some down yrs with that car too. Remember the mid to late 70's? eww nasty.

(disagree part again lol) I think ford did stick there neck out. Reason is according to DC there is no market for 2 dr RWD V-8's. Also they went with a old/new look for the car, This was a daring move because it could have come out bad for them and the sales could be like that of the new GTO. And that is the only compatition Ford has right now is the GTO, But for 10k less you can get into a Mustang.

I see a lot of Europion look to the new Dodges, Look at them and then a Mercadies (spelling?), Not alot of differance in my mind. And whats with the crosshairs on every vehicale they make? For the truck its fine but on all of them? Didnt the mercadies have this look at one time?

Only thing DC makes that I will ever buy in any part of the near future will be a truck. Other then that they have lost any of my bussiness.

Sigh..... :( The new Charger was a HUGE let down for me. Coming from the Company that made so many great looking cars over the years, I don't understand it. They have lost touch with what people want.
As for the new Mustangs, it may have been a risk, but now you see them all over the place, everyone wants them, cause they look cool.
Get a clue DC, grow some bigger Kiwis, and start making some retro looking cars like many people want. What's next a four door Duster..... :shock:

The Magnum is usefull because some people (including myself) hate SUV's. I'd rather have a station wagon on steriods, it has the comfort and stability of a car with the cargo capacity that people need these days. the 300 I can see being a love it or hate it car, but I love it. I didn't feel this way until I saw it in person, the pictures didn't do it for me. Maybe the Charger will look better in person, but it's the idea that I don't like with that car as well. No one complained when they called the magnum the magnum and it's a four door WAGON! Anyone remember the magnums of yore??? I guess they didn't have such an impact on people as the Charger. I still disagree that Ford stuck their neck out with the Mustang. the GTO isn't trying to be "retro" with it's styling and it turns out, as with most GM products, it's bland. After the last generation of Mustangs, how could Ford go wrong with something that looks like a 67 fastback? I'd still take a 302 powered Cobra pintostang with a four speed over that ugly *** Charger for 2005.

Hey Gang,

DCX can't be that stupid! They came up with one (or two, if you count the Magnum wagon) of the best cars in a long time. The '05 Chrysler 300 was named "Car Of The Year" in many circles and proves that Chrysler can bring out a winner! I am an owner of a base 300 model, as well as a vintage Plymouth. I get compliments and questions wherever I go!

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

I hafta agree with the BillyBBad, the Chrysler 300 is just pure butt ugly. It's the pecanese of the car world. Something out of a cartoon. It looks like the car slammed into a brick wall, knocking a piano onto its roof as a truck slams into the back end. Throw a Hemi into and its supposed to impress me. Well it doesn't.

As far as the Charger goes, I was one of the biggest fans of the prototype Charger . I have collected all kinds of memorabilia over the years and had decided that I would buy one as soon as it hit the market. What the Hell happened ? They produced that pile of junk. With so many people that had wrote into DC saying to produce the car(protoype). How the did they get so far off mark from what appeared to be a proven winner.

They had a chance to build the prototype and get into competition with the new mustang and with a Hemi in it, it could have easily claimed supremancy in looks and power. They sure screwed that one up !!!!

I used to feel DC made some of the best looking cars of the day. Not any more. They make a truck and ...er, a truck, and if you didn't get a truck, you could always get a...er.... truck.

Not much else worth looking at. Too bad.

Interesting replies. How would everyone feel if it were a Barracuda or Challenger instead of the Charger?. I think if you were to look at the Nascar version and make a purchasing decision, you get a distorted image of what the car rally looks like. Same goes for the Stratus, Monte Carlo, and the Mustang in the Funny car classes, they don't give you a real idea of what the finished product looks like.

I think everone is writing this car off before it hits the dealerships.

There seems to be a retro styling movement, some people like them and some don't. JUST how well did the Ford Thunderbird do in actual sales?. Everyone seems to think Ford is onto something, or are they on something????.

I guess consumers will do the talking with their money.

I know one thing for DAMN SURE....I'd rather own a 300c or a Magnum than a good damn Mini van or a SUV.

Todd.

Well in the world of racing cars are ment to somewhat like the sales version. The Intrepid, Monte Carlo and Taurus were close to what you could expect on the showroom floor. Not 100% but very close to it. As for the new Charger in NASCAR, I dont see how this pig is aerodynamic at all. I may be wrong but it dont look like it would be, But what do I know lol.
When I went to the auto show back when the concept Charger 1st came onto the sceen there was a crowd around it and everyone was asking questions like........

Whens it being built?
What plant will make it?
Will there be a HEMI option?
Can I put a order in for one now? (#1 question asked by the way)
What color options?
Will there be a 2dr option?
On and on......

The T-Bird was the talk of the town for a long time, Untill the price tag was shown then people walked away from them. GM has had there blunders as well, Remember the SST truck?
Only cars DC makes right now that are any good IMO are the Stratus R/T and the Viper. Well the R/T is still a V-6 and the Viper is well.....Beyond my relm of cost.
DC makes damn nice trucks, And have for many yrs. Ma Mopar made some classic Mopars of days gone by. But todays DC has lost touch with the consumer IMO. They had there chance to sell a ton of Chargers (concept model) but they blundered it. In the end the concumer will speak, And when they do DC will be in for a suprise i think.
Does anyone have sales #'s for the new Mopars? How do they compare to the other Mopars and Brand X cars?
Calling this car any name from days gone by is a sin.

I hope this so called Charger does as well as the GTO did in sales and goes the way of the dinosour.

Someone said that everyone wants a 05 Mustang and that they will be everywhere, Guess it shows what people realy want. Right now in St. Louis dealers are selling them for 5-10k over sticker price and there still selling like wildfire, People want them so bad that there calling out here where I live (60 miles west of STL) asking if dealers will sell for sticker price with no hageling.

Im a Mopar fan....A Mopar fan of days gone by. I love my Dodge truck, But I am no longer a fan of the new breed of Mopars.
Wake the hell up DC :x

Look at all these cars that Dodge is putting out, they look too similar, just look at the front end, can't they change them between models. The Magnum is the most different with that bigger grill.

here is my stance. I love it. its got good style, good power...RWD.

I dont see how all these people are getting mad at it not being a real charger...HELLO 1980s...L-body charger people....at least this one has 340 HP (5 more than a 383 BB, which has 38 more cubes) and is RWD, not some 4 cylinder piece of crap motor driving the front wheels. The new Charger will sell well, and you know what? They will probably never make a large 2 door cuope because look at how many GTOs are selling. The only reason the rustang sells well is because of the V6 versions anyway.

Don't worry...when the SRT-8 Version comes out, it will be tied with the most power ever put into a "charger"...425 hp

I like the GTO's, especially now that they're putting a hood scoop on it. If I wasn't Dodge, I'd have one of them. I thought DC would have learned from the 80's and the revising of these muscle car names and power. But then again: "Dodge....Different"!

They can put a Hemi in a go-cart, it doesn't make it look good. Seems to me you need to take a look at some of the pics of the prototype Charger and you might think twice. That was one awesome car and I dont care what engine is in it. Just because they put a high performance engine in a vehicle doesn't make it look good. I think what they promised to deliver and what they did deliver disappointed many people as you can hear on this board...

I suppose if they promised to deliver a box on four wheels and delivered this, I guess it would not be so bad. But, to go from something so hot, to something ...er...well, not-so-Hot, ok, ugly, it has shocked many people.

They promised something nostalgic and they dilvered nothing. Most of the younger crowd who has no history with the orginal cars might like this car. But for the purist Mopar Muscle car guy...well, I think you can hear the general concensus.

I spoke with poeple in the plant that makes the car...not many favorable responses other than it had a Hemi in it.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for the Detroit auto show. I will be able to see this toad first hand. I'll let you know Thursday what I saw....ho hum...

Hey here's a new name for the car...Hemi-Toad

69S383FB said:
They can put a Hemi in a go-cart, it doesn't make it look good. Seems to me you need to take a look at some of the pics of the prototype Charger and you might think twice. That was one awesome car and I dont care what engine is in it. Just because they put a high performance engine in a vehicle doesn't make it look good. I think what they promised to deliver and what they did deliver disappointed many people as you can hear on this board...
I have seen the 99 concept in person, thank you. i liked it, yes, but i also like the new one...styling is completely subjective, and i like it. i think you need to not try and degrade me because of my age.

They promised something nostalgic and they dilvered nothing. Most of the younger crowd who has no history with the orginal cars might like this car. But for the purist Mopar Muscle car guy...well, I think you can hear the general concensus.
once again, i am a mopar guy through and through, ask anyone who knows me, i may not have the true history with the originals, but you know what? i have worked on enough of them, and restored more than one and am working on more...just because someone is young doesnt make them unknowledgeable.

I am leaving tomorrow morning for the Detroit auto show. I will be able to see this toad first hand. I'll let you know Thursday what I saw....ho hum...
want a cookie?

THis was taken from another post.

EvilScamp wrote:
There was a thread on moparts before that said after 2006 there will no longer be ANY 2 doors made!
Wonder what their gonna do with the Viper!

THe Viper will be the only 2door for dodge and the Firepower for Chyers.

THe Neon is the next to die as 2005 is the last year for it. Its replacement is yet to be named but Rumers are that it will be the Avenger as a RWD car.

The Stratus is going to go away in 06-07, no word yet on the Replacement.

As for the 06 Charger, I think before we totaly judge this car we need to se one in person. I know that in the past all chargers were 2 door. I am a big fan of the Charger Nameplate cars including the 80s 4 cyl cars, almost had a 84 Turbo Z. THe new Charger I think will need a front end conversion to somthing more Retro with a Gen 2 style grill and tails. The 4th door is verry well masked from the looks of things. the 2 door market is fadeing fast. DC had to do what they did for the money, sad but true. If you think about it the Oldschool Charger fans are few and far between, Most kids nowdays have no clue what a 426 HEMI, 440 or a 727 TF are. Personaly i think it was a smart move on the part of DC to make it a 4 door. Yes i think the 99 concept was better. I am holding my Final judgement of the 06 charger till i see one in person. Also if you think back at the history of the charger, the GEN1 Charger (66-67) people didnt like it much ither at first Till it was redisined.

Now that i have wasted 5 min of yout time. Have a great day.

DC is not the company that made the charger originaly! They just prooved that to me again. How many different magnums or 300m or cs' can one car company make? I think it is a complete P.O.S.
I grew up watching the dukes like many others. And yes I do like change, I'm a huge fan of change, But not for the worse! I think DC just put the hurt on a major car company,,,,,Them selves!
It will be a long F***in time before I buy another car from them!

But on the bright side of things,,,,I have 3 cars that were made before DC wrecked the name and I love them with all my heart!

threefortyduster said:
69S383FB said:
I have seen the 99 concept in person, thank you. i liked it, yes, but i also like the new one...styling is completely subjective, and i like it. i think you need to not try and degrade me because of my age.

once again, i am a mopar guy through and through, ask anyone who knows me, i may not have the true history with the originals, but you know what? i have worked on enough of them, and restored more than one and am working on more...just because someone is young doesnt make them unknowledgeable.

want a cookie?

First off He never said you, He ment in general, Not all the younger group would understand. Meaning non-Mopar guys. Second I find that your post was...Well, rather rude. I started this thread to create a little debate, Not a flame party. You have strike one in my book.
Good Day Sir,

Billy

BillyBBad said:
threefortyduster said:
69S383FB said:

want a cookie?

First off He never said you, He ment in general, Not all the younger group would understand. Meaning non-Mopar guys. Second I find that your post was...Well, rather rude. I started this thread to create a little debate, Not a flame party. You have strike one in my book.
Good Day Sir,

Billy
let me go cry because someone on the internet doesn't like me.

grow up. we all have a right to our opinions.

-
Back