One for you newer diesel truck guys.....

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We sell piles of this Blue DEF at work. I know what it is and what it does......but for some reason tonight, I grabbed a box and read it. I have never laughed so hard in all my life. I could barely hold onto the box.

So, for all you big tough dudes that have newer diesel trucks.......you paid 40K plus dollars for the privilege of burning piss through your exhaust system. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attachments

• BLUE DEF.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 273
What gets me is, you CANNOT run the trucks without it. When it runs out of the fluid, the vehicle will not run much over 50 MPH.

I fabricate fuel storage and supply systems for a living. The DEF is some nasty corrosive ****. Can only be used with plastic or stainless tanks. No red metal fittings at all. Once oxygenated it crystallizes. Will eat up brass fittings too.

I fabricate fuel storage and supply systems for a living. The DEF is some nasty corrosive ****. Can only be used with plastic or stainless tanks. No red metal fittings at all. Once oxygenated it crystallizes. Will eat up brass fittings too.

Sounds like piss to me.

Yeah. We've got some guys who come through the store and say they need some diesel piss.

That there is the whole reason VW blew up recently. The ureah is used to catalytically remove NOx. They only activated that feature during testing.

Or delete it and have the truck re-tuned.

The new 6.7's have to be emissions delete and re-tuned or it isn't worth owning one. The 5.9's this wasn't an issue.

My Cummins is DEF Free as is my neighbors chevy.

It's urea not urine. Urea is like anhydrous ammonia.

That's one of many reasons I love my 02. No emissions!!!
Yea but my 2014 will run circles around your 2002! Will tow under warranty 35K lbs. And the piss is better to clean out the DPF then burning diesel fuel!.

Very true. But right now I don't have the money for a 14 either. And, if I want to I can work on my truck, the engine compartments of the new ones are so full you can blow an oil line and you'll run you engine out of oil b4 the first drop finds its way to the ground!! Lol

That's if the engine compartments on the Rams are as tight as the fords... My bro has a 14 Ford and his belt came off (didn't tear, just came off) in order to get that stupid thing back on he had to remove the radiator cover, fan/fan shroud and I think loosen the radiator too.... JUST TO SLIP THE BELT BACK ON!! Boy was he ever pissed.

It's urea not urine. Urea is like anhydrous ammonia.

I said in the OP, "I know what it is"

I took high school chemistry, too. Can you one time at least ACT like you have a sense of humor? Or is it really that difficult?

I said in the OP, "I know what it is"

I took high school chemistry, too. Can you one time at least ACT like you have a sense of humor? Or is it really that difficult?

Now, Now Boys. Just get Gen I :D:D:D

Yea but my 2014 will run circles around your 2002! Will tow under warranty 35K lbs. And the piss is better to clean out the DPF then burning diesel fuel!.

Or delete the urea injection.

That's if the engine compartments on the Rams are as tight as the fords... My bro has a 14 Ford and his belt came off (didn't tear, just came off) in order to get that stupid thing back on he had to remove the radiator cover, fan/fan shroud and I think loosen the radiator too.... JUST TO SLIP THE BELT BACK ON!! Boy was he ever pissed.

They aren't. Everything including the turbo is very accessible with the CAB ON. Ford accessibility went out the window in late 2003 with the introduction of the 6.0.

Now, Now Boys. Just get Gen I :D:D:D

I would just get that first gen Cummins or powerstroke in good condition and be done with it.

On the other note, I just posted it as a joke to laugh at. Folks just have to nit pick everything. Yall can just delete it.

My apologies. I thought I would share the thing that made me belly laugh for the first time in a LONG TIME.

Just delete it.

What is the biggest def tank you can get/have from the factory on these pickup trucks?

I just traded in my 2nd gen Cummins for a 2015 6.7 and have no regrets.

The new truck is way more powerfull and the DEF is no concern. Heck the tailpipe on the truck is cleaner than any of my gas powered vehicles.

I laughed just like you though RRR...

Like my old one

Plan on selling it in the future but will replace it with a gas powered truck. Just don't need the diesel. With a gas truck would drive as daily driver since it isn't that far to work. Hate to drive this to work due to the size, how long it takes to warm up and winter is coming so frost, ice & snow will be a concern. If there is chance of bad weather yes I will drive it over the Mustang.

Yes the new trucks are powerful. They are getting to where the OTR trucks were in the 70's CRAZY POWERFUL pickups

View attachment image.jpg

I would just get that first gen Cummins or powerstroke in good condition and be done with it.

On the other note, I just posted it as a joke to laugh at. Folks just have to nit pick everything. Yall can just delete it.

My apologies. I thought I would share the thing that made me belly laugh for the first time in a LONG TIME.

Just delete it.

Why do you think I posted what I did. I get a laugh out of the guys who call it diesel piss.

Just like I like to have fun with my customers when it comes to friction modifiers for LSD's. "You'll want some whale sperm to add to that..."

I just traded in my 2nd gen Cummins for a 2015 6.7 and have no regrets.

The new truck is way more powerfull and the DEF is no concern. Heck the tailpipe on the truck is cleaner than any of my gas powered vehicles.

I laughed just like you though RRR...

WHen I got my 6.7 I was impressed with the bone stock power but the MPG was terrible. I went from getting 23mpg Average with my 5.9 to 12-13 with the 6.7. Then I did the emissions delete. HUGE power. 20mpg average.

-
Back