-

vntned

Reaction score
Just spotted...

MVIMG_20180402_150457.jpg

IMG_20180402_150504.jpg

IMG_20180402_150450.jpg

MVIMG_20180402_150442.jpg

Looks like there are some good parts on there for sure.

I'm m gonna inquire about it tomorrow as a parts car. Hood was stuck shut, but I'm confident it's a slant six. Front clip looks pretty good for parts!

I'm m gonna inquire about it tomorrow as a parts car. Hood was stuck shut, but I'm confident it's a slant six. Front clip looks pretty good for parts!
That is what I was thinking..

let me guess, that guy was doing a burnout in reverse and melted the tire, then the car!

That’s a shame.
I hope nobody was hurt.
I wonder if it was from gas spilled while refueling. Maybe a spark from static electricity?

Could have been 'the old rag for a gas cap trick' , then a hard right turn with a full tank and a flick of the drivers cig out the window just perfectly timed to ignite the gas soaked wick sticking out of the filler . :)

Although a closer look at the cap and is seems to be on crooked thus leaking and then .... opps :(

Maybe the filler neck was cracked and leaked into the wheel well area and onto the tire/brake area. It would be an interesting story to say the least.

Inquiring minds want to know--did you find out what caused the fire?

Smoking while filling it up.

Thinking amp gauge type failure being it's more burnt up inside then out.

Sorry guys. I've been working 12hr shifts all week and haven't had a chance to go back and enquire. I'm going to try to this coming week, as I have a few days off.

Sorry guys. I've been working 12hr shifts all week and haven't had a chance to go back and enquire. I'm going to try to this coming week, as I have a few days off.
Nice headlight bezels I want.

So I went back to talk to the shop about the BBQ dart. They apparently bought it at an auction and know nothing of it's previous history or the cause of the fire. The shop owner said they're asking $1k for it as is, but that it is negotiable.

IMG_20180409_101936.jpg

IMG_20180409_101525.jpg

IMG_20180409_101530.jpg

IMG_20180409_101537.jpg

IMG_20180409_101518.jpg

Looks like it was a driver till it cooked. I bet someone will blame it on the GM alternator. lol

My guess would be gas filler issue. Fire started and swept up and forward and then ignited interior which will combust pretty fast.

-
Back