Operation F2 ProCharger

-

John Ciseski

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm switching from a high compression motor to a forced induction motor and thought I'd share my progress as it comes.

Attachments

• IMG_0634.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,114
  • IMG_0649.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_0648.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IMG_0645.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 1,098
  • IMG_0642.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,001
  • IMG_0640.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,031
  • IMG_0639.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 997
  • IMG_0638.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,129
Some more pictures. Motor going to the machine shop on Thursday to get compression lowered, cam changed, and motor balanced.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 996
  • IMG_0666.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_0659.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 982
  • IMG_0655.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 985
  • IMG_0653.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 959
  • IMG_0652.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG_0650.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 1,017
Car is getting a new cage, new 9" rearend, new tubular front suspension, F2 procharger with an air to air intercooler, and a blow through carb.

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm switching from a high compression motor to a forced induction motor and thought I'd share my progress as it comes.

Wow; a blown 440... in an A-Body, yet!!!

THAT is gonna be one F-A-S-T S.O.B.!!!

Hang onto your hat!

Thanks...It's a stroked 400 to a 451 in the car. The car ran high 9's, low 10's with the set up I just pulled out of the car. I did street drive it a lot last summer on E-85 believe it or not. I always wanted forced induction though, better street ability, with lots of power...

Cool build.

Would love to do a forced induction on my high compression small block.........now if I could just hit that lottery.

Cool build.

Would love to do a forced induction on my high compression small block.........now if I could just hit that lottery.

Start saving in advance. The prices are up there.

A blower kit (centrifugal or roots) will set you back $3,500 - $4,500
A boost timing controller is another $250
Methanol Injection, another $400

That's not even including carbs, plumbing, pistons, etc. I've been saving for over 2 years (saying I was going to put a Roots 6-71 on my '74 Duster) Well, I finally reached my money goal to buy all the stuff I need.

Just to keep me from backing out of the idea, I cut the hole in my hood in advance, so there's no saying "Well, maybe I should rethink this" :D

The old motor had a set of Indy EZ heads, max ported from Goodwin Competition and a 770 lift roller.

Yes, building massive amounts of horse power is not cheap, no matter what route you take. I have a loving wife who is very supportive of my insane hobby....allowing me to keep my mopar dreams alive.

Start saving in advance. The prices are up there.

A blower kit (centrifugal or roots) will set you back $3,500 - $4,500
A boost timing controller is another $250
Methanol Injection, another $400

That's not even including carbs, plumbing, pistons, etc. I've been saving for over 2 years (saying I was going to put a Roots 6-71 on my '74 Duster) Well, I finally reached my money goal to buy all the stuff I need.

Just to keep me from backing out of the idea, I cut the hole in my hood in advance, so there's no saying "Well, maybe I should rethink this" :D

I hope you obtain your dream, I now how this can consume a person!

nice build, prochargers and mopars...ahh thats nice only way to make it better would be a prochared hemi

nice car, my bro has an unsuspecting white duster 2:D

Oh and y 9in?

Holy street terror! Man that thing is gonna make some mad power.

SUBSCRIBED....

Motor is at machine shop. Ordering pistons, rings, solid roler cam, and balancer from Steve Morris Engines as soon as I get my flow #'s from the machine shop. Cage coming out this weekend to get redone. More pictures to follow.

How much boost? What are your E.T. goals with this change?
Cool build. Keep posting the car ****. Im starting to get the D.T's "Shakes":D

That car is going to make you swallow your tongue!

keep us updated, this will be a fun build to watch.

Not sure on some stuff. I think I'm going to change directions and use an after market block and a lot better rotating assembly. With this set up the motor should make around 1300 - 1500 HP. I'm not sure on the boost, I guess this will all depend on how effecient my heads are. I don't have the flow #'s back yet from the machine shop, so time will tell I guess. I will have more cubic inches though, so this will help my cause. This build will take longer than I was hoping, but good things come with time.

I'm no drag racer ,although I am working towards it,but is the rest of the car ready to handle that kind of power?

Rest of the car, as in???? The car has run high 9's already the way it sits. The old cage is coming out, to run a new through the dash and into the motor compartment. The old cage was certified to run 8.50's. I am still going to put in the same cage, just done with chrome moly instead. I'm not running a funny car cage, as I want to street drive this car a lot. This motor will run on pump gas with an intercooler. I will run a higher octain gas at the track, if needed. The front is getting changed to full tubular, with coil overs, mid motor plate, and a front motor plate. The 8 3/4 rear is getting swapped out for a moser 9".

Yes, it would be a silver color. My wife loves that one. I've decided to make this a couple year project, instead of the quick build I was planning on at first. Funny how these things evolve. I'm ditching the old motor, didn't want to blow it to pieces. It will be a 540 cubic inch motor with the same procharger set up. The rear end will be a Moser 9". I'm basically starting all over with the car. The whole car is taken apart, all wiring, glass, cage, fuel system, basically just a shell. I'm gonna go with the 25.5 cage and put a back seat back in the car. I want to be able to use all the power this motor should make. I will post updated pictures soon.

I like the silver also. I'm Gunna paint my 67 a silver just don't know which one yet.
Yup a 540 with a huge pro charger will make some serious power for sure!

I'm having the color changed to a bit more silver and the car dropped in the rear. Will post when he's done with it.

Just have to finish some grinding and the car will be off the chasis shop. I have a feeling it will be there for some time, a lot of fab work to be done.

-
Back