Opinions about slant 6 decal

-

57dodged100

Reaction score
I'm trying to design a decal for my /6 scamp. The car will be painted soon and I'm thinking of replacing the "scamp" decal with a custom decal. I know I'm not the first to change the "bee" into a 6; but I can't find them for sale so decided to mock two up. These are my rough up copies with limited editing software, If I decide to have them made, I'd have a pro do the modifications. I'm interested in some feedback....what do you like? what would you change? Is this silly?

superbeeslant6a.jpg

superbeeslant6b.jpg

The first bee is better, but it is going the wrong way. The exhaust on a slant is on the driver's side.

I like the second Bee !! That's the one I went with !! I just took a good pic of the Bee, and went to my neighborhood sign shop and had them make me one up ! Only thing I did different was to ask the to cut out the parts of the Bee that were Yellow, that way my car color filled that in !! And specify that you want both sides pointing forward despite the fact that it puts the headers on the wrong side of the motor !!

I like the second Bee !! That's the one I went with !! I just took a good pic of the Bee, and went to my neighborhood sign shop and had them make me one up ! Only thing I did different was to ask the to cut out the parts of the Bee that were Yellow, that way my car color filled that in !! And specify that you want both sides pointing forward despite the fact that it puts the headers on the wrong side of the motor !!

Beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob:

I like the 2nd one better....looks more old school...looks right.

Thanks for the comments.

6pakattack, that is a great car and fantastic /6. Your car and another members car inspired this idea.

I like the old school look bee, too. I just wonder if the change is too subtle. (Without something likes 'buzzin half dozen' written near by. )

The more modern bee look allows the exhaust change to be more obvious.

Keep the comments coming.

I like the old school look bee, too. I just wonder if the change is too subtle. (Without something likes 'buzzin half dozen' written near by. )

The more modern bee look allows the exhaust change to be more obvious.
Can you change the color of the exhaust pipes on the old school bee? Something other than black so it contrasts the tire.

Can you change the color of the exhaust pipes on the old school bee? Something other than black so it contrasts the tire.

What about a white wall tyre...???.....or Hoosier, Goodyear, M/T Radial, or BF Goodridge in white lettering on the tyre.....something like that maybe.....or that may be too much.....?????

2nd thought....what about a chevron pattern tread on the tyre ?????

I've decided to go with these, without the purple round background. I printed on regular paper to see how they compare in size with original decals. Thanks for the ideas and comments.

right%2520bee%2520no%2520background.png

sjo%2520bee%2520image%2520left%2520no%2520background.png

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

I came up with a design a couple of years ago very similar to your 2d illustration. I used the Dodge Scat Pack bee as the basis of my design with a couple of extra pipes cloned in. If your car is going to be old school, I prefer this design.

If you're going new school, like using 17" wheels, I like your first illustration with pipes on the drivers' side and no magenta disc.

A couple of comments:

• The front fender area is getting too busy IMO with Valiant, Scamp, and the bee logo present. I suggest passing on the Valiant.
  • The bee is associated with the Dodge Scat Pack. Plymouth had the Rapid Transit System.

Attachments

• BeeBuzz%20text2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 430
  • mZY5gkzB5whNceOL5XxyAXA.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 404
Thanks for your comments. After the car is painted, the valiant and the scamp logo will be gone. Only the Bee will be there.

Sure, some of the guys on the slant six forum have also expressed interest.

I'm going to finalize things with the print shop on Monday.

Based on comments I think I may order more if the left facing bee. I'm going to order in 2 sizes: 5.5" wide for fender application and 3" for window application.

I'm trying to design a decal for my /6 scamp. The car will be painted soon and I'm thinking of replacing the "scamp" decal with a custom decal. I know I'm not the first to change the "bee" into a 6; but I can't find them for sale so decided to mock two up. These are my rough up copies with limited editing software, If I decide to have them made, I'd have a pro do the modifications. I'm interested in some feedback....what do you like? what would you change? Is this silly?

superbeeslant6a.jpg

superbeeslant6b.jpg
i think the wheel needs to look like a cop car dog dish. that wheel looks to busy. kinda like a bee. lol

Let me know when 3" ones are available, wouldn't mind one of these for the 72!

-
Back