Opinions on Build/whats the best way to piss E body people off

-
yeah! a Pyramid equalizer w/500 watt power booster built in....packed into .75"x6"x5"!
LOL They had lotsa led lights!

so here is the question, how over the top and outrageous can I make this thing ans still be LOW budget and cool?

It will have a 440 and 4spd
it will be strait and primer black
but what can it do (like side pipes and a high sitting rear with big tires) that would just make it a joke on chebbys and the late 70's-80's
I want it to be fun for all and make people laugh when they see it but not laugh at me, if you know what I mean.

How about a fake blower? Cheesier looking the better. Maybe it could mount to the hood and come up with the hood! That would be priceless!

so here is the question, how over the top and outrageous can I make this thing ans still be LOW budget and cool?

It will have a 440 and 4spd
it will be strait and primer black
but what can it do (like side pipes and a high sitting rear with big tires) that would just make it a joke on chebbys and the late 70's-80's
I want it to be fun for all and make people laugh when they see it but not laugh at me, if you know what I mean.

Sorry, Ross. There will be those in the know, look at you and the rest of your fleet, like the Aspen, and know you're just having some fun. But there will always be those who take things a little too literally and will see you as a woodchuck and think about the dumb kid and his poor car.

It'll take a while to build a "reputation" as just having fun. A lot of wheel time in the 'vert or the Aspen so folks know that you know how to build a car. That way when they see this thing, they'll wonder what the heck is going on!

Do a perfect restoration on it and then put a small block Chevy in it. :toothy7: That`ll even piss me off. :protest:

mudflaps, a friend had them on his e-body, sure did look stupid...

Big bare foot pedals....LOL! Back to the 80's!

Mud flaps? You need "Direct Commection" mudflaps!

Put a SB Chevy in it... LOL

Well, that might piss all mopar people off.

Lol. I love the ides guys. But one thing that frankly I am surprised I have not seen mentioned is one of these.
sunroof.jpg

Don't for get to put gobs of silicone around it to keep it sealed. lol

Also, I would make it look like it was an R/T. Cover the vin so it can't be seen and when people stop you and ask you about it. Play dumb. Tell them you got it out of a barn or something. John and I were just talking about this thread and I told him what I wanted to do with a 71 Challenger I have been trying to get for a LOOONG time. I had allot of the same Ideas except I wasn't going to deck it out all 80's.

I think this is an awesome idea Ross.

You can't have the complete 80's look without one of those full width see-thru windshield stickers that proclaims "DODGE" or "CHALLENGER".
Hopefully someone has a picture of a car with one.I had the "PLYMOUTH" one on my 4 door Valiant back in the 80's along with reverse chrome wheels but don't have a picture scanned of it.

The perfect 80s look would be:
rattlecan it flat black or gray primer(after patching up some holes of course)20 cans from Wal Mart may do

Deep dish Cragars or 5 slots in the back,steelies up front,or just go with all 4 if you have them all.

a big Mopar Pro Hood scoop or snorkel scoop

Dont forget this,I saw alot of these in the 80s on hot rods:traction bars:cheers:

Get yourself a bun ch of decals like Holley,Accel,Edelbrock,etc and stick them on the windows:love7:

Engine,get a K&N velocity stack the stick through the hood scoop for fresh air(or you can just run around with the hood off):-D

Interior:
black fuzzy dice VERY IMPORTANT!
bare foot gas pedal
A chrome Grant GT steering wheel
Find an old Sparkomatic or Kraco 2 knob car stereo(remember,we didnt have CDs back then)[-X
an stereo equalizer
Cover the backboard with some black carpet from Autozone and cut out the speaker holes and stick some 6x9 speakers in them
a cupholder console to put your drinks,cassettes,etc
old school tach and some old Sunpro gauges
Sheep skin seat covers
a B&M ratchet shifter
Exaust:If youre going with headers,just get some bolt on cherry bombs,theres your exhaust :cheers:
hood locks and pins
a windshield sticker with the word Dodge
Mopar Performance front license plate

there you have,a 80s hot rod hillbilly special :cheers::cheers:

Lol. I love the ides guys. But one thing that frankly I am surprised I have not seen mentioned is one of these.
sunroof.jpg

Don't for get to put gobs of silicone around it to keep it sealed. lol

I'll go one better my 70 challenger that I had years and years ago had a sunroof put in with a hot glue gun.

Here are the pics of my old Scamp you wanted Ross. I'm guessing that this car is now rotting under a pine tree somewhere in Olalla now.

I still think that sidepipes wouldn't look right on a Challenger.

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03709.jpg

DSC03708.jpg

I think some of those Pep Boys' stick-on hood scoops/air extractors would be awesome AND of course the Honda seats and maybe just basically go for the "RICER LOOK".....it's all removable things and guaranteed to make their blood boil!!! How 'bout a GIANT SINGLE EXHAUST TIP COMING OUT THE BACK!!! YEAH BAYBEEEE!!! Oh yeah, and maybe go for that "heartbeat" pinstriping on the window glass, like they used to do back in the 80's too. Don't forget to rivet on some fiberglass wheel flairs and bondo 'em in.....

*Be careful of depending TOO much on that 80's look with the tunnel rams, traction bars and Holley decals.....they might look at it as a "survivor" and like it......wouldn't want that.*

whooped out rear springs with some looong shackles
and a set of deeep dish craigars
(hey it worked on my old 73 mustang back in the day)

-
Back