Opinions on Build/whats the best way to piss E body people off

-
You know, it's really funny how times have changed. I come from a time (early 70's) when people used their cars to promote individuality, much like the ricers do today. You tried to make your car look unique. Wild paint jobs, big wheels and tires, whatever. When you went to a car show, you saw some real works of art. Today, when you go to a car show, you see rows and rows of factory correct clones of each other. Car shows look more like auto factory parking lots than car shows. The purists, collectors, and overall prices of classic vehicles has taken the individuality out of the whole thing. Thank God the ricers, hot rodders, and custom builders still have the dream to build something unique.

Dont get me wrong, I like a nice restored Muscle car, but if I want to look at one, I can do that in a magazine or the internet. The customs are the only cars I go to car shows to see, any more. If I see a rare, nicely restored classic, well then, that is a bonus.

Completly agree, I appreciate the originalists, because of them future generations will be able to appreciate how these cars looked off the show room floor, what theyre appeal was, and why they shaped the American auto industry, and culture so much. But seriously not every single vehicle produced needs to be slapped into a plastic bubble. Customization is awsome, everyone wants to be appreciated for the amount of blood sweat and tears put into theyre car, best way to be appreciated is stand out :D do things differently

not to hijack the thread, seriously bro PLEASE dont put anything other than mopar drivetrain under the hood lol...

You cant forget the diamond stitched bucket seats, seriously, and they fit into the whole budget build idea too lol. Love the custom sunroof idea.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but.....let's not forget the

A. shag carpeting inside the car (and on the headliner too).
B. custom homemade wood floor console with the cheapest gauges money can buy.
C. ultra hack-job "3-on-the-floor" shifter with humongous square rubber boot (preferably a sloppy Sparkomatic brand shifter).

You cant forget the diamond stitched bucket seats, seriously, and they fit into the whole budget build idea too lol.

You are not going to believe this, but I bought some Challenger interior parts a couple of years ago, and included was a set of white, diamond stitched bucket seats. I still have them sitting in my shed - lol.

Oh, here's one ... paint it like the Genral Lee, then when anyone asks, just say "Challenger, Charger, what's the difference?"

Oh, here's one ... paint it like the Genral Lee, then when anyone asks, just say "Challenger, Charger, what's the difference?"

That's a good one! :cheers:

This is a very entertaining thread. It doesn't take much to piss them off. And I'm talking Mopar owners in general, not just E-body guys.

All we did to ours was put an Alice in Chains decal on the top of the windshield, amber light headlights instead of bright whites, and big -n- little rims and tires on it instead of the boring stock width ones. We also put frame connectors on it.

Even the dice hanging from the rear view is a big no-no to other Mopar guys, even though they've been in the car for 23 years, long before the Mopar bandwagon jumpers came onto the scene.

This is the end product.

IMG_3876-1.jpg

If it makes a difference I love that car, lol.

Why thank you. You don't mind the Alice in Chains decal on the windshield? It is pretty small. :D

That is the truth...we don't do donuts on the dirt road with the Challenger, but we do with the Dart. hahaha!

Why thank you. You don't mind the Alice in Chains decal on the windshield? It is pretty small. :D

lol it's so small how could it bother anyone? Really like the lights too. And the wheel/tire combo is perfect. :cheers:

thanks...I spent 3 months on a cold concrete floor in the winter just scraping undercoating off it with a torch. We have so much work and time invested in that car it's not even funny...but we've had it so long it's like a family member.

I think the is a dumb thread, piss off? Comon mosta all real hard core Mopar folks have several Mopars.

I have 2 A bodies, a Dodge Truck, new SRT Challender and a 70 Cuda.

Could care less, and I have owned 3 B bodies too, and want another B body.

Mopar folks should have more respect for one anothers stuff. is all I am saying.

Good luck with your project though...

Not sure what you were trying to say, Mr. djwhog, but I think this whole thread is more of everyone joking around is all. Just everyone havin a little fun! I'm confused...

I see no prob,,, lots of love is all we should have since we Mopar folks are less...:)

Curb feelers,Mud flaps,White walls,Sticker of a "BIG" Bull on each door,some kind of pathetic hood ornament,CB radio complete with huge antenna,Fringe around the winshield/doors,Disco ball instead of the dome light.

Yep,that ought to do it.

1. Fun fur on the dash.
2. Thick orange shag carpetting.
3. Opera windows in the B pillars.
4. Landau roof.
5. Ah-ooh-gah horn.
6. Craig underdash 8track with Mind Blower 6 x 9 speakers (the ones
with the built in amps)
7. Red underdash lighting.
8. Challenger emblems off a Mitsubishi made Challenger. (That ought to make them spin):bootysha:

I tryed to avoid this thread but really I can't so here goes....the biggest bestest thing you can do to piss em off when driving your e body is smile all the time,wave to the other car people you meet when driving and just treat it like it's a car......That'll fer sure piss em off.....camaro guy's don't wave back either but the ford guy's do :cheers:

I think the thread was intended to poke a lil' fun at the guy's who think they to good for the rest of us....he may be serious about not doing a total resto and makin it a fun to drive car rather than a show queen...but I'm sure if you have ever tried to be friendly with some of them guy's you will have seen the attitude they have towards anyone with their idea of a lessor vehicle. Iv'e seen both sides of the coin and some of them guy's will give you the shirt off their backs but they are few and far between.
I think the is a dumb thread, piss off? Comon mosta all real hard core Mopar folks have several Mopars.

I have 2 A bodies, a Dodge Truck, new SRT Challender and a 70 Cuda.

Could care less, and I have owned 3 B bodies too, and want another B body.

Mopar folks should have more respect for one anothers stuff. is all I am saying.

Good luck with your project though...

I think the thread was intended to poke a lil' fun at the guy's who think they to good for the rest of us....he may be serious about not doing a total resto and makin it a fun to drive car rather than a show queen...but I'm sure if you have ever tried to be friendly with some of them guy's you will have seen the attitude they have towards anyone with their idea of a lessor vehicle. Iv'e seen both sides of the coin and some of them guy's will give you the shirt off their backs but they are few and far between.

Thank you Curtis, thats exactly what I was going for. It seams then when ever you pull into a mopar meet all the E body people are like the prius people on that one south park epp, they all seem to be very smug. I too love E bodys but they are just cars, they were meant to be drivin just like our A bodys.
The whole idea of the build is to just poke fun at all the stupidity of the hobby and to have a car that I can hop in and drive anywhere.

The entire thing is meant to be a joke!

I am also trying to get a /6 convertible '70 challenger stick shift car, and if I do it will be restored and cared for. This one though is a striped out rusty shell that I am surprised didn't ever make it to the crusher so why not have a little fun?

I have both A and E bodies. The only way you are going to P Off Ebody guys , is to sell your A Body and Buy a Corvette. Now that is an insult! See Ya!

Maybe a couple add ons Ross.Just let your hair grow and get a Joe Dirt hair cut or a wig for events.I,m sure you,ll get some laughs.All in fun!:happy10:

-
Back