Opinions on fiberglass parts quality

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I need to purchase A bolt on Hemi hood, fenders,deck lid,bumpers for my 68 Dart. In looking at manufacturers, there is a wide gap in prices. Has any one used UP22 fiberglass products out of Ca.? Was the fit good? Quality?

I think, Roy, there is a company not too far from you, Vero Beach, West Palm area maybe, just a hop and a skip across the finger, lol. Supposed to be good quality.

I can't remember the name of it though.

I think, Roy, there is a company not too far from you, Vero Beach, West Palm area maybe, just a hop and a skip across the finger, lol. Supposed to be good quality.

I can't remember the name of it though.

The name of the company your talking about is AAR and they are about 115 miles from me in Titusville. I checked on them also and may buy from them to save on the shipping. I need the parts to go to Milton Fl. which is about 430 miles from me. So I may pick up the parts and deliver them if it saves me enough money on the shipping. The prices between the company's I've checked are all over the place. I don't mind paying more if your getting more. So far I've checked with AAR, UP22, USBODY ( which is close to me, like 30 miles)

To make a L O N G story short, unlimited products was unlimited grief for me. I bought a six pack hood for my Duster. The holes for the hinges were in the wrong place and it closed on the cowl of my car. There was also a ridge on the front lip as well as a slight bow from front to back. It would have taken a lot of work to make it look right.

The company wouldn't respond to my calls to fix it. They finally agreed to take it back minus a restocking fee and I had to transport it back. Horrible experience. Check this out
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/unlimited-products

bought two hoods and several bumper from Unlimited with in the last couple of years......have no problem with any fit and finish..

Unlimited is under new management...

I recently bought a Hemi scoop from AAR and the quality is great. I've heard nothing but good things about them. If you could save on shipping by picking it up yourself, that would seal the deal for me.

If you have any questions about how fiberglass parts fit dont buy them, it will fit one way when you get it and after it spends time in the sun it will fit differently . Fiberglass is really resered for a race cars that want lighten the car.

I ordered a 6 pack hood and fiberglass deck lid for my 69 dart 4 weeks ago, still waiting on them. Made to order. I'll let you know about quality when I get them.

I purchased a rear bumper from AAR. Nice quality made part.
The hood on my race car is made by VFN. Good piece also.

bought two hoods and several bumper from Unlimited with in the last couple of years......have no problem with any fit and finish..

Unlimited is under new management...

Good to know. Nice products, was inconsistent a few years back.(from what I bought).

Thanks for the feedback. Both AAR and US Body are close to me so picking the stuff up is a option at either. Yes these parts are going on a race car. According to the AAR web page they don't make a Hood with the Hemi scoop on it? I'll have to call them. I have AAR 6-pack hood on my 69 Dart street car that has held up good and the finish is what I would say good, but not great.

Thanks for the feedback. Both AAR and US Body are close to me so picking the stuff up is a option at either. Yes these parts are going on a race car. According to the AAR web page they don't make a Hood with the Hemi scoop on it? I'll have to call them. I have AAR 6-pack hood on my 69 Dart street car that has held up good and the finish is what I would say good, but not great.

I bought an unlimited fiberglass hood for my 68 barracuda, maybe the best fiberglass part I`ve ever bought. also bought one from them a few yrs back for a gmc, it was also very good------bob

Well I put my order in today to US Body here in Lakeland Fl. They are real close by and I figure I can inspect the parts when I pick them up. They are suppose to have everything ready for me June 16th-20th. I'll let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks for the help everyone!

Well I placed my order April 23.. still no hood and trunk. Calling them Monday for an update from us body

Roy, just call AAR and ask for Magen. She will give you the scoop on what they can make you. Good people to deal with and very friendly. Just thought I would toss that out there for ya.

6 pack hood and deck lid. Hopefully no issues lol

We were invited to come look at their operation so a friend d I are thinking about going to the manufacturing plant. I can check on your stuff if you want me to? PM me if you want me to.

I was going to call them today and see if they have an updated status. I appreciate it tho.

Well I got a call today from US Auto Source and they said my Fiberglass stuff is ready to pick up. I have to deliver the parts to StripMasters in Milton Fl. So I'll let everyone know how they fit and the quality.

Parts look real good. I spent the last two days hanging out with the people at US Body, but rather than go into detail here I'm going to start a new thread.

-
Back