Orange Twists 71 Duster Build

-
nice job...bet yer lookin forward to some warmer drivin' weather

Not too shabby for my first full build and first show.

2012-02-11_19-42-28_866.jpg

Looks great! The turkey thing is gross! I cant see it in there, but cant belive its still in there.

On a side note, I know I have several pm's from some of you guys about a few things. I will get back to you tomorrow. Just got out of the shower and I am beat, just wanted to give a quick update so I can get some good sleep before work tomorrow.

That's great. Congrats again. Probably won't get that smile off your face any time soon.:cheers::cheers::coffee2:

great job, looks mint. i have a 72 twister i"ll be starting on soon b5 with b5 interior with the same pattern. this thread was really cool.

congrats on finishing the car,,,,and 2 big awards,,makes it all worth wild,,,, you should consider taking that duster to AUTORAMA in detroit weekend of the 24 this month,,,lots of mopars there,,,biggest indoor hot rod and custom show,,,,colbalt hall detroit mi,,,,see you there????

congrats on finishing the car,,,,and 2 big awards,,makes it all worth wild,,,, you should consider taking that duster to AUTORAMA in detroit weekend of the 24 this month,,,lots of mopars there,,,biggest indoor hot rod and custom show,,,,colbalt hall detroit mi,,,,see you there????

thanks fish, I would love to! unfortunately, time and money wont allow for that to happen. I might try to make it up there though to check out the cars.

thanks fish, I would love to! unfortunately, time and money wont allow for that to happen. I might try to make it up there though to check out the cars.

well pm me if you go up there,,,,friday is a better day, less people,,,takes 8 hours to see the top floor,,then theres down stairs,,project cars and rat rod hot rods,,,and usually some sort of rock a billy band,,,

then the GREAT 8 riddler cars,,,

well, finally got to get it out and drive it. had to readjust the shift rods, which was no big deal. but, its also smoking. preliminary tests looks like an intake leak. the intake is one of the summit brand aluminum ones that was on it when i bought it. at the time due to budget i put it back on, didnt like the fit, but figured it was on it before so itd work for now. well im thinking i didnt get it sealed right or something. smokes, big hesitation if you hit the throttle quickly, and when we hooked a vacuum gauge up to it, it sat steady at 5 where the gauge says "intake leak".

so im thinking im going to order an Air Gap tomorrow, and slap it on there this weekend. Ill update results and pics of the new intake once its ready.

It's only running 5lbs vacuum at idle? man thats really low. should be around 12-16 with a small cam. U know you can always bring to the shop and work on it.

Yeah, i know, but its too embarassisng to drive it while it's smoking lol. After the vacuum test and yours marks and wades inputs its gotta be the intake. If not im gonna bring it up to the shop so everybody can look at it and see what we can come up with.

Got some progress done today.

Nice Air Gap fresh outta the box.

2012-03-01_17-56-43_179.jpg

2012-03-01_17-57-04_769.jpg

Ripped off the old Summit brand one and cleaned everything up a bit,

2012-03-04_12-59-13_972.jpg

Slapped on the new one. (ignore the ugly pcv valve, its one we had on the shelf that was for testing purposes only. a better looking polished one will be going in)

2012-03-04_15-51-57_631.jpg

2012-03-04_15-53-17_710.jpg

There were a few spots where it looked as if it may not have been sealed very well. I will know tomorrow if this fixed it or not. I got all this on this afternoon but wanted to let it sit and for the rtv to cure overnight.

-
Back