Order of installation: Torque boxes then Sub connectors, or vice versa

-

Brad54

Reaction score
I'm installing a set of torque boxes and subframe connectors from US Car Tool.
For you guys that have installed them: torque boxes first, then subframe connectors, or connectors then torque boxes?

-Brad

torque boxes are like triangular boxes which are welded by the start of the frame part of the leaf springs(where the springs are bolted) and they help with the handling of the torque coming from the rear end. If you have anything over a 340 with decent power you should have them, but they are only an option. (racers usually use at least this and sometimes more)

I put US Cartool connectors on first and then welded on factory type torque boxes. Went on easy that way. My understanding that if you do the torque box first, youll have to either trim the connector or make a slice in the box.

I put US Cartool connectors on first and then welded on factory type torque boxes. Went on easy that way. My understanding that if you do the torque box first, youll have to either trim the connector or make a slice in the box.

I agree... I had to take my factory ones off to get the subframe ones to fit well...

torque boxes are like triangular boxes which are welded by the start of the frame part of the leaf springs(where the springs are bolted) and they help with the handling of the torque coming from the rear end. If you have anything over a 340 with decent power you should have them, but they are only an option. (racers usually use at least this and sometimes more)
ok thanks. my car is going to have a little more than a 340ci im going with 345ci (modern hemi, that will make about 600HP when on nitrous) we were looking at relocating the springs then, after looking at a few threads we are now going to 4 link the car.

Ready, Fire, Aim!
I posted the question before really going out and looking at it. The fronts don't matter, because they don't contact the subframe connectors. But the connectors need to go on first, and then the rear torque box.

The US Car Tool torque boxes fit VERY well. One practically dropped in all by itself. The Driver's Side needed some trimming and fitting, but that was to be expected.

I went with their torque boxes fore and aft, too. The original style from Restorations by Rick would have been very, very nice, and probably a better fit, but for the price it was hard to beat the ones from US car tool. And since I'm not doing a correct restoration, the beefier boxes were fine.

-Brad

-
Back