Ordered some more parts today. Who is buying everything?

-
The Brown Duster is getting a 372 Edelbrock headed solid roller engine. The Demon for the street is getting a iron headed 416 solid roller. And all the internals from the orange Duster engine . The Brown Duster was sold and we are building a engine for the new owner who is a good friend.

. The Demon that is getting the Indy headed engine is pictured below. All the parts that we are buying are going in this car. This will be the replacement for the Orange Duster. I have two orange Demon builds in slow progress .

One all original radical 4spd street car .

And one very light hopefully 7 sec car.

Both will be orange . The tan body is a new body in white I bought several years ago. I am using it to build the Demon for the street. It is mint condition with no numbers at all never stamped. The race car body was a 4spd car no rust. The car was twisted but straightened. and held on a fixture while having a 25 point moly cage installed.

View attachment 1715907343

View attachment 1715907344

View attachment 1715907345

View attachment 1715907346

View attachment 1715907445

View attachment 1715907446

View attachment 1715907457
Demon. Street car. muh huh. LOL

I ordered a Strange Engineering S-60 for my Barracuda at the end of January. Just got a call today that it is being delivered tomorrow. I was getting worried at how long it was taking. Now, i need to slam it in and measure for a new driveshaft and get that ordered. Hopefully, the driveshaft has a shorter lead time!

WOO HOO! S-60 delivered!!
20220414_111816.jpg

I don't know about parts, but shipping has gone stupid. I used to be able to ship k-members for around $50. Now, it's more like $150. Worst part is that the price went up about $30 in three days...

Nice What was the price delivered . Once we get the ratio worked out that will be the next move.
For my configuration, it was $2700 for the S-60 + $300 for shipping to Indiana. I didnt mind the $2700 - but thought the $300 was a little excessive!

Perfect time to put a nice driver together with decent original parts.Most guys take off nice original parts that aren't perfect and replace them with perfect repops.
The not so perfect "take offs" are often sold quite cheap...anybody got a pair of useable (not perfect) original 68 GTS front bucket seat covers?

I don't know about parts, but shipping has gone stupid. I used to be able to ship k-members for around $50. Now, it's more like $150. Worst part is that the price went up about $30 in three days...
That was a good price for the rear. The shipping was also OK. I just paid $273.00 to send 2 exhaust pipes to a member. Pa. to Fl.

The economists heads say: inflation, then stagnation, the recession.
Ive seen it all, I just skip the pages to recession.
If I can't put it together with what I have laying around, it probably won't get done.
I did plant a big garden though!

OK so I lied ( a little)! I did go ahead and ordered my 64 Savoy SS carpet from Joe Suchy today. $200 plus $75 shipping. (Joe is the man!).
So the Savoy is for sale, all body/pant done, interior will be done except door panels ( and IF I keep it I give a chit about headliner). If it ain't worth $10,000 as a (complete roller) as such and some spare parts, those that think I am too high can call 1-800-EAT-CHIT !!!..... OK so I am being a nasty joker! :poke: LOL

Back order now an additional three months for some drag radials. Good grief, oh well, so much for that. No alternatives other than changing tire sizes and altering a dialed in setup :BangHead:

C0B45594-5519-4CBF-A43B-78C4F0CA0253.png

:bs_flag:

My son is having a fab 9 inch housing made for his duster. 1000.00 with it set up exactly like his 8 3/4. Thank God I have a Strange housing, spool, and 4:30 gears he is going to borrow (probably forever lol). I also have a spare used set of Strange brakes needing only new rotors. He bought a coupon a friend won at a race for axles for 100.00 so he did good there.

Well his new rearend came and his buddy had set his axle pads up so it’s a direct bolt in as his 8 3/4 with caltracks were. My brakes aren’t going to work out for him so he ordered and received new Strange brakes.
C5F358E8-B30E-47D0-8885-8B64A891DFA4.jpeg
341FADC7-4377-49DF-89D2-FED9AC60629B.jpeg

We all know why we can't get anything, it's obvious and the reason is in the papers every day. :rolleyes:
If you want to really talk about it... move this to the political section...:mad:

... if this is just a show n tell...then nvrmnd, enjoy...and always remember to stock pile parts!:popcorn:

You think the prices and wait times are bad. Try doing anything from Canada with exchange and stupid import taxes and wait times.

I don't know who IS buyin everything, but I can tell you who AIN'T buyin everything. lol
I do not think the problem is a few buying up all the parts. This phony plandemic shut down producers and shops. Seems many are having trouble getting staff back or the production up to speed. Be thankful for your American system, even if it is a little screwed right now. We have Blackface Hitler keeping travel bans in place unless double jabbed and mandatory masks on aircraft and trains. Now if I said that half your House of Representatives was "penetrated" by the WEF, there would likely be mass protests or a revolt. That is what Klaus Rothschwab has said about our Canadian guvment Cabinet.
The group of 300 stoopid wealthy people put this on us to gain power and control over the masses. They GMO created the "virus" and the plan to spread it. In a 2005 email Anthony Fauci wrote that Ivermectin is an effective treatment against Covid illness, realising that "covid" class virus' are essentially variations of the common cold. False positives are frequent on rapid testing. Boys and girls, they be f*cking with the public's minds. Then there is some jab components and 5G EMF. Watch the movie Control Factor.

You think the prices and wait times are bad. Try doing anything from Canada with exchange and stupid import taxes and wait times.
Copy that in Caps with exclamation marks. Harland Sharp 1.7:1, 7/16 rockers for a SBF quoted at $550 plus shipping. Now exchange and the other ripoff charges are in. Wait time, ?. A month maybe.

-
Back