Our effin' PD

-
I hate the people who hang the HC placard on their mirror because they sometimes drive around a deserving disabled person but still park in the HC spaces when they are by themselves as if they have a VIP parking pass. It should be revoked from them if they get caught!

I don't know about here in Tulsa,but in NC you are a healthy person caught using a HC placard the fine is stiff compared to the fine for parking there.

msbaugh there isn't any problem with what you posted, but if you can see it through our eyes it would be easier to understand.

NO-VIOLATING--WILL-BE-VIOLATED-SIGN.gif

I don't know about here in Tulsa,but in NC you are a healthy person caught using a HC placard the fine is stiff compared to the fine for parking there.

If I speed and get caught, I get a ticket.

If I don't keep the plates up on my car, I get a ticket or a trip to the jail and likely the car goes to impound.

If I run a red light, I get a ticket.

If I do a hit and run, I go to jail and the car gets impounded.

Now the only way that any of this happens is if I break the law and get caught.

Any person that gets caught parking in a handicap spot illegally deserves the appropriate punishment too, don't you think? I think that one is now $240 for the first offense here now and can be increased if any additional offenses occur.

Why do fatties get handicap parking? I hate seeing a handicap van circling the parking lots looking for a spot to unload real handicap people because some fat *** needs close parking to the electric scooters.

Why do fatties get handicap parking? I hate seeing a handicap van circling the parking lots looking for a spot to unload real handicap people because some fat *** needs close parking to the electric scooters.

This may well be the most insenstive remark I've seen in this post. Allow me to explain how the downhill slide begins.

When I was 45, it would have taken me a day, day and a half to do the recent engine change in my 67. Recently it took me nearly two weeks.

When I was 50, I was still climbing towers, part of the time. Now I can barely walk, thanks to osteo arthritis and other health issues.

I used to be slim, trim and IN shape. Check out this thread, when I was about 48

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=174936

In this photo at 48 or so, I weighed about 170. Now, I bounce between 185 and touching 200

25qakj5.jpg

This is the trike I used to ride to fight off arthritis. I can no longer ride on cold days, because I cannot generate enough cardio activity nor body heat to keep warm.

4566750741_bce2186a6c.jpg

Now in my own case, presently, at the age of 64, so 15 years after the last tower I climbed, I can walk short distances, stand for short periods of time, and this varies with weather, other problems which flare up at times.

I MYSELF have been LUCKY in the weight department SO FAR. I'm a person that seems to be "naturally stable."

But in the case of one of my grandmothers, and two of my aunts, both related by blood, as soon as they were unable to be very active, they both blew up like balloons.

So kindly be a little more careful when you assume that the only reason someone has a scooter is that they are (in your mind) "fat and lazy"

This may well be the most insenstive remark I've seen in this post. Allow me to explain how the downhill slide begins.

When I was 45, it would have taken me a day, day and a half to do the recent engine change in my 67. Recently it took me nearly two weeks.

When I was 50, I was still climbing towers, part of the time. Now I can barely walk, thanks to osteo arthritis and other health issues.

I used to be slim, trim and IN shape. Check out this thread, when I was about 48

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=174936

This is the trike I used to ride to fight off arthritis

4566750741_bce2186a6c.jpg

Now in my own case, presently, at the age of 64, so 15 years after the last tower I climbed, I can walk short distances, stand for short periods of time, and this varies with weather, other problems which flare up at times.

I MYSELF have been LUCKY in the weight department SO FAR. I'm a person that seems to be "naturally stable."

But in the case of one of my grandmothers, and two of my aunts, both related by blood, as soon as they were unable to be very active, they both blew up like balloons.

So kindly be a little more careful when you assume that the only reason someone has a scooter is that they are (in your mind) "fat and lazy"

Thank you for putting that so well. I was going to post but didn't want a vacation. None one guess I smoked a pack and half of cigarettes,walked 8-16 miles each day on the job,take care of yard work when home before I got sick with cancer. So I guess I am one of those fatties that didn't take care of himself.

msbaugh there isn't any problem with what you posted, but if you can see it through our eyes it would be easier to understand.

That is completely fair for you to say and I totally understand! I agree with you.. Unfortunately though America is filled with the "lazy" type of people. I walk around in wallmart and am sometimes disgusted by what i see. Although that is an inconsiderate way to put it, it certainly is fair to say that a lot of people have not chosen to be in that type of position.. Which is why we give support. Whoes to say I won't be in the same position needing help one day. I don't know how many watch the Olympics, but the amputee from south America is a prime example.. Truely an inspiration... To everyone!

I'm a disabled vet of the persian gulf war, lost my right eye and have had numerous surgery's to my left eye after an explosion sent shrapnel into my face. I cant get a placard for my car(s) cause I can still see. But what really pisses me off is some elderly people who drive the latest sport car (vette) or truck (suv) and park in the handicapped spots and need help to get out of their vehicle.

I gotta agree, 57, that being handicapped and driving a 'Vette dont seem to me to go together.

must be nice to be.......not going to go down this road.....never mind....

LOL, man, I guess my meds and coffee were off this moring. I wasn't actually refering to anyone in paticular as being a tool. I guess it really is easy to read or write something on a post and be misunderstood. But, not many understand me anyway. Including me.

Sorry.

I'm a disabled vet of the persian gulf war, lost my right eye and have had numerous surgery's to my left eye after an explosion sent shrapnel into my face. I cant get a placard for my car(s) cause I can still see. But what really pisses me off is some elderly people who drive the latest sport car (vette) or truck (suv) and park in the handicapped spots and need help to get out of their vehicle.

I saw a Lambo with a blue placard. (Welcome to L.A.) I have kinda mixed feelings on this one. One side is the good on ya for still being able to get out there and enjoy your success and kicking ride. The other side is about being able to climb over that monkey killer sill. but not being mobile enough, yadda yadda. Hell, with my back and hip, I'll take the bus. Then again, I don't look good in Italian.

Where I live, it's a $300 fine for illegally parking in a handicap space. If you called the cops, they would come and tag the car, maybe even tow it.
I have a school behind my house. There's a big parking lot that some folks think they can screw off in. At night, if anyone is parked there (possibly drinking, getting high, having sex) I call the cops. They come out EVERY time I call - usually two units - and check out who is in the car and what their business is.
That's how you keep your area clean from low-lifes and scumbags.

Where I live, it's a $300 fine for illegally parking in a handicap space. If you called the cops, they would come and tag the car, maybe even tow it.
I have a school behind my house. There's a big parking lot that some folks think they can screw off in. At night, if anyone is parked there (possibly drinking, getting high, having sex) I call the cops. They come out EVERY time I call - usually two units - and check out who is in the car and what their business is.
That's how you keep your area clean from low-lifes and scumbags.

we only have 2 handicap parking spots at my restaurant and when someone parks there without a permit we hunt them down and "tell" them to move.

Rev, you may not look good in Italian, but I would look good on an Italian, lol!!

For those doubting that the PD should, would, could, or may enter private property to ENFORCE the codes peraining to this, thus dispelling once and for all whether this is a police matter, I quote partially "the code"

Idaho state code (where 'did happened)

TITLE 49
MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 2
GENERAL
49-213

(1) Local governments and owners of private property open to public use shall designate parking zones and spaces..............................................

(a) Parking lots will conform to the requirements of federal Public Law 101-336, Americans with disabilities act of 1990........................................

(and the punchline:)

The registered owner of a vehicle parked in violation of the provisions of this subsection is guilty of an infraction, which is punishable by a fine of one hundred dollars ($100). Vehicles parked in violation of this section may be towed pursuant to provisions of state law or local ordinance.
(3) Law enforcement officials and/or their designees as authorized by a city or county are empowered to enter upon private property open to public use to enforce the provisions of this section......................................

Coeur d Alene CITY code pretty much parrots this section

So the police ARE empowered, IE REQUIRED to enforce this code

They CAN enter your precious "private property" and without warrant I would add

You CAN have your device/ object/ vehicle/ boat/ car/ airplane/ etc TOWED.

To answer the earlier post, police have the ability to cite a VEHICLE parked in a handicapped spot, and enforce State Law, City Ordinance, State Traffic Code, and the State Penal Code. Your Idaho penal code quote above covers citing the owner of a car parked in a handicapped spot, but DOES NOT cover citing a store employee for using the handicapped spot as a display, as was the issue in the initial post. Therefore, it becomes a CIVIL matter beween the complainant and the store owner/manager/employee which is handled by CIVIL court, not the police.

I can only assume the EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY 911 dispatcher did not have enough time to explain this to you over the phone, or perhaps your tone or how you worded your demands to the EMERGENCY CALL ONLY 911 operator had something to do with the clipped response. Maybe he/she was on the tail end of a 10-12 hour shift? A NON-EMERGENCY 311 operator might have had the time to explain this enforcement action to you.

Obviously, my point is you cannot blame the POLICE department for not enforcing an infraction that does not fall within their enforcement parameters, as stated in your initial post, and has thus far led to 3 pages of "lazy cop" bashing.

I listen to a police scanner while I'm at the house. They write tickets to those that park illegally in handicap parking. They get more calls about it than what you think and when they do the cops don't mess around.

must be nice to be.......not going to go down this road.....never mind....

That's what I have been wondering. It would do them great justice to have to walk. It might help their thyroid problem to....... in which it's located in there elbow. lol

Rev, you may not look good in Italian, but I would look good on an Italian, lol!!

When I was in Germany I met a girl and asked her if she had a little American in her. She flatly said no. I asked her, "Want one?"

I never said all people in scooters are fat and lazy. My comment is directed to the 30 year old 500 pounders who are fat because they stuff too many twinkies down their throats. I watch a hog do this every night at work. Park in the handicap spot, walk really fast (for a manatee) to the time clock with a lunch pail designed to hold food for a small village.

EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY 911........................ the EMERGENCY CALL ONLY 911 operator.................... 3 pages of "lazy cop" bashing.

Well you, my friend REALLY know how to make assumptions doncha?

Did I every say I called 911? Uh,....................no

And this IS a police enforcement matter. It is not up to the individual public to have to hire lawyers, file lawsuits to enforce this LAW

Not once did I ever accuse the cop of being "lazy."

So this makes you, what? Full of ****, maybe?

Ya know some of you people who don't seem to "get it" might want to take a good hard look at some of your elders, your relatives, or the less fortunate in your town. Someday this stuff just might apply to YOU.

My mom is one of those "fatties"....

What exactly are you sayin' about her???

-
Back