Our New Race Car

-

68fishbowl

Young Gun
Reaction score
Just picked this up today, I don't know much on it. But the price was right so I couldn't pass it up. I want to find a 392 HEMI for it. Hasn't been run since the late 60s according to the previous owner. Let me know whatcha'll think.

Cris

Attachments

• IMG_1215.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1213.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_1214.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 416
That is so cool! I love it! Takes some balls to drive those old rails with all those moving parts between your legs. Nice find man.

Pat

damn, that is so friggin awesome!!! i didnt think any of them things were left to be had . great find !!! you have got to restore that thing as much as possible !

Attachments

• xs24.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 424
  • xs27.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 374
  • xs30.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 375
  • pq30.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 360
you have got to restore that thing as much as possible !

That is the plan! This front engine car next to our rear engine would be awesome! Here is a picture of the car when it used to run back in the day.

Attachments

• CandiesHughes.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 384
Great find! What are the plans? Gonna just restore, show, and fire at cacklefests? Or do you plan on the occassional exhibition nostalgia pass?
Do you know the history of the car? I believe the car's history is really important to know as it means so much to bring together those who know the car and what it's meant to the history of drag racing.
Here's a link to the twin I help crew on (don't bash me because of the twin SBC's, it was my buddy's car and now his stepson maintains and drives it since my buddy passed away a few years ago).

http://bangshift.com/blog/Drag-Hist...the-Double-Trouble-Twin-Engine-Slingshot.html

I believe that paint scheme is from a california based team.Sorry dont remember the names,Kevin.

Man that is so cool i glad to see those things are still around i thought they were all gone. good luck with the new project.

Very cool. How much of a nightmare is it gonna be to get the chassis to specs for cert?

-
Back