Overflow tank

-

63dartman

Reaction score
Anyone have ideas for a overflow tank for my 63 dart? I had a fairly large generic plastic tank from autozone in. I took it out because it's too large. I would rather make it on the cheap versus paying for it somewhere.

reminds me... I saw a factory resivoir in a E-body that conformed to shape against the right inner fender and bottomed at the frame rail. Looked great ! It sure looked like it would fit my 67 A-body too. The owner wasn't about to let me try it on. Antone have a clue ? (being an e-body part I prolly can't afford 1 anyway LOL)

thats a window washer tank.

reminds me... I saw a factory resivoir in a E-body that conformed to shape against the right inner fender and bottomed at the frame rail. Looked great ! It sure looked like it would fit my 67 A-body too. The owner wasn't about to let me try it on. Antone have a clue ? (being an e-body part I prolly can't afford 1 anyway LOL)

'73 up a-bodies have an overflow tank. The bottle bolts in were the horns are on pre '73 cars. '73 up cars have the horns under the battery to accomodate the overflow tank.

Chuck

i was looking at the cool aluminum ones you could buy, and decided i could make one of those out of a small fire extinguisher ( there made of aluminum ) empty it out, strip the paint off, polish it up...i think i used part of the plastic head to plug the hole, ( the whole head assembly screws out) then put a small peice of tubing to connect a hose to..mounted it upside down an put a small air hole in the top (bottom) for releif...works like a champ and looks very cool!!!!!

I don't have one at all anymore. Capped the vent line with a PCV valve and used the space to mount my new fuel filter. Just make sure to fill up only before going somewhere, not really needed.

I salvaged one from an early A Body; it was a long plastic rectangular unit that bolts to the radiator with the stock radiator fasteners. It won’t work on my 65 Barracuda because I use an old C Body Radiator; but I kept it because I had never seen one before.

heres mine

fsan2.jpg

fsan2.jpg

fsan2.jpg

cant race without one

I don't have one at all anymore. Capped the vent line with a PCV valve and used the space to mount my new fuel filter. Just make sure to fill up only before going somewhere, not really needed.

I got an empty 1/2 gallon Jack Daniels bottle that Im ganna use in my 53 merc and running a stock replacement one in the 72 scamp

Thanks for all the ideas, I want to mount it like goody's right next to the radiator to keep everything looking somewhat clean and I think the area is prettty tight. I might just go with the jaz setup since it's relatively cheap.

-
Back