Overheated last night...bad

-
... your water pump is a 6 blade pump. maybe get a 8 blade water pump.
Many assume an 8-blade water pump gives more flow than 6 blade. Some of us here speculate the difference was due to the varying pulley diameters between AC and non-AC cars. Both were optimal for their pulley size. Indeed, I recall it was AC cars that often got the 6-blade, but may have varied over the years.

If AC cars got a 6 blade, you'd think it is actually the better of the 2.

Also, milodon sells their HV performance pump with the 6 blade design.

My point was so long as the damn impellor stay on the shaft and continues to be turned I have never had 1 issue with cooling!!

Oh boy. Not the water pump debate again. If most of you were blindfolded while someone changed your water pump to a 6-blade, you'd never know the difference, ever.

What's "wrong" with some people is they selectively ignore facts such as the impeller falling off, so they can take another opportunity to be a self-appointed Cooling System Engineer.

Quit beating this dead horse and move on.

Oh boy. Not the water pump debate again. If most of you were blindfolded while someone changed your water pump to a 6-blade, you'd never know the difference, ever.

What's "wrong" with some people is they selectively ignore facts such as the impeller falling off, so they can take another opportunity to be a self-appointed Cooling System Engineer.

Quit beating this dead horse and move on.

This guy gets it :cheers:

I had a seized impeller in my water pump, it spewed antifreeze often until I finally replaced the water pump. Been fine ever since.

-
Back