Package tray question

-

71Duster

Reaction score
Puttign speakers in the rear of my Duster which only has the cutout for the rear defog and no speaker cutouts.

Rather then splice holes in the tray I thought about ordering one with speaker holes.

Is it worth to money to hide the speakers or not?

Legendary Interiors have package trays with,or without the holes. Price is quite reasonable on both. I like the speakers hidden under a properly punched tray.

I bought the one with the speaker option. I haven't put it in yet but I did run some 8-32 machine bolts down thru the rear deck and spot welded them in to use as studs to mount the speakers when the time comes.

i bought a package tray through R.E.M that is who year one gets theres from i said alot of money cutting out the middle man that was 3 years ago though

Wish I had access to a welder to do that, was going to use riv-studs but can't find any.

I cut the parcel tray and dropped the speakers in from the top. It looks ok but the speakers I have are alpines and free but the rings are a bit scratched up. Doesn't look horrible but not great.

Plus the tray is faded out so thinking I might spring for a new one. Next question is the car is B-5 blue in and out.

I have black seats, carpet and dashpad so sort of a black and blue theme. Buddy think the tray should be black and not blue but I disagree. Anyways what colour is correct for B-5 dark blue or light blue?

The Demon originally had a "bright blue" interior and the package tray was a similar color. There was a strip of vinyl the lapped over the front of the tray and went down behind the seat.

Restoring or re-coloring trim rings is not a big deal. You could re-color the speaker grilles to match the package tray. It would draw less attention to the aftermarket speaker grilles. I did this with a pair of Kenwoods in my Dart (see thread Resurrected Junk in Member Restorations). I'm happy with the results.

-
Back