Paint and pictures

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
After 2 years of slave labor the paint is on! I still have to put on the stripes along the sides and deck lid, but I`ve got to wait for the paint to cure. So here we are so far and soon it`s cruisin` time!

IM000650 (Medium).JPG

IM000649 (Small).JPG

IM000651 (Small).JPG

IM000659 (Small).JPG

IM000660 (Small).JPG

IM000638 (Small).JPG

IM000641 (Small).JPG

that looks beautiful, i love the rallie rims on it, i was thinking of getting some for my 69, it looks very clean and straight, keep us posted especially when u get strips, i am gonna do the matte hood strips and a lower strip its kinda nice the previous owner already had them on there so i have a prespective of what they look like on the car :thumblef: looks good though man :notworth:

Nice job John.
That colour looks very tough, without being too flashy.
Six pack hoods look great on any Mopar eh?

longgone she looks really nice! where is that taken? yorktown? looks like it to me. you should bring her to the paradise road mopar show in richmond on saturday june 17th. right off willis road exit on 95.

Thanks guys. After 2 years,2 cars,2 many hours and tons of outrageous paint and body work estimates I took it upon myself to tackle. If I ever see a block sander again.........! I kept the original hood but after installing the six pack engine the factory hood was just touching it, so I opted for the six pack glass hood. The entire front of the car is fiberglass actually and a real bear to get the panels to align.The color is the 68 factory gold metallic and the wheels are 15 inch chrome rallyes. Now finally I can start working on the details. Where have you been Nemo, are you guys just coming out of hibernation up there in Canada? We`ve missed ya! 7demon2, you know your fences! The photos were taken at Yorktown, I`m just down the street so I go there a lot. I`d have to trade out the 3.91 if I`m going to make Richmond or take rte. 60. If I go I`ll probably take the Toyota at 40mpg ,LOL.

well I am insanely jealous. You have paint and I still dont.
Looks great! Looks like al the hard work paid off. I am happy for ya!

wanna do another???

:thumblef:

-RPM

man thats gotta feel good having that done. congrats on all the hard work, it payed off.

Very very very nice!!! Close to the original color of mine... I opted for something with a little more impact though! :D

You've done a great job... go enjoy her now!!

Thanks for all the kind words. There have been a lot of people on this site who`ve helped out along the way, too many to mention individually, but they know who they are. So thanks!!! Everyone! Of course with these cars you`re never done. Here`s a couple interior photos and if anybody knows where I can find the BURL wood grain dash inserts please let me know. If it`s not available( I can`t find it) ,does anybody know someone who can restore the ones I have? They`re not installed in the car now `cause they look terrible, all faded and full of little bumps. I want to match the grain on the door panels as closely as I can. I`m still not done so HELP ,please!

IM000645 (Small).JPG

IM000647 (Small).JPG

IM000648 (Small).JPG

Wow that looks great !! Looks the same color as my buddies 68 Cuda. His is an original 383 Formula-S 4 speed car. I wish he had made a 6 bager into his race car and kept this original. But what did we know 20 years ago ? Ron

22479328.jpg

383man said:
Wow that looks great !! Looks the same color as my buddies 68 Cuda. His is an original 383 Formula-S 4 speed car. I wish he had made a 6 bager into his race car and kept this original. But what did we know 20 years ago ? Ron

22479328.jpg
These cars were a dime a dozen 20 years ago, who`d ever thought Hemi Cuda`s would now bring 6 figures? I see your friend still has the fenderwell headers on his Cuda, what ever took them so long to make a production chassis header. I can remember being burned by those a time or two. Good luck with you and your sons racing- it looks like you`re kickin` a$$ and taking names. Thanks for all the kind words, you guys all know what it takes to get these cars back to their glory days, and the praise from the people here on the site is the best you can get!!!

Thanks, you know it`s the time of season when mans attention turns toward getting his car ready! There is still a lot to do, but the major work is all done...whew! OldVart, is yours ready? Judging by your pictures you had a lot of work ahead. Fishy68 should be getting close to completion as well.There`s a lot of members out there hustling to get things sewn up for summer. This is crunch time!

beautiful car...sorry to hear it took so long but you probably appreciate the finished product a lot more!

I love the stance also...you mind sharing your suspension and tire set up?

Yeah it took awhile because I took the car down to it`s unibody and was going to do a factory style restoration. As I went through the car I found #`s that didn`t match ,so I searched and found another 68 b/b 4spd Cuda that supposedly had matching #`s. No go second time either, so I took the best I could from both to make one good one. It was quite evident that both cars had been raced alot so they were missing many parts. What I ended up with is sort of a restomod which I`m happy with. The springs are the factory formula-s, b/b leaf springs (still standing tall) with 15 x 7 rallyes and 255/60-15`s ,27.5 in. tall and room for a 275. The fronts are 15 x 6 with 205/70-15`s, 27.1 in. tall. I don`t recall the front end height but you can always adjust it to your liking. Unlike a lot of people I did the outer paint last so I wouldn`t beat it all up along the way. Thanks for the kind words and please post photos of your car when you can, I love to see these cars resurrected! (Especially 68 f/b Cudas!)

I`m still trying to find a repro of these burl wood dash inserts for the car. It seems the straight grain wood is available several places but the burl wood hasn`t been reproduced. Does anybody know where I can find the raw material, I`ll make `em myself. I tried Legendary since they reproduce the door panels, and they won`t sell me the the material. Any help out there?

IM000672 (Small).JPG

No, mine's not ready yet John. I've spent so much time on the riding mower these past two summers, I'm seriously considering dropping the 360 into it! I guess we really needed the rain, but damn, enough already! :)

-
Back