Paint color question

-

sdolsay

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by the hi impact color names Mopar used, the Duster in my sig, what color would that be called?

Thanks

vitamin c orange/go mango or hemi orange/tor red. the first names are dodge the second names are plymouth. then again i could be wrong, the brain is slowly going down for the count tonight.

So Vit c and go mango are the same color for dodge and hemi orange and tor red are the plymouth version? 4 names for the same color?, no wonder I'm confused ;)

I read a interesting article once about paint color names that were considered by Chrysler but not used. The only one I can remeber was Statutory-grape.
Those color names are for conversation only anyway. Paint shops mix colors per paint code.
I also heard a trivia bit about a Chrysler paint code that represented one shade of green in one year Dodge and another shade green for a different year Plymouth.

So Vit c and go mango are the same color for dodge and hemi orange and tor red are the plymouth version? 4 names for the same color?, no wonder I'm confused ;)

no. vit c and go mango (k2 code) are the same color. one name for plymouth, one name for dodge. same with hemi orange-dodge, tor red-plymouth(v2). marketing is what i figured.

Thank you DC, just what I needed, I never saw that web site before, it's Vit C for sure, Tor Red is well...too red ...heh

Thank you also Redfastback ;)

I read a interesting article once about paint color names that were considered by Chrysler but not used. The only one I can remeber was Statutory-grape.

I went to school for car design, and some of my instructors had worked at Chrysler as designers during the musclecar years.

One of them told me about the Statutory Grape story, as well as other names proposed for colors

I'll list the color with the original proposed name:
Plum Crazy = Statutory Grape
Corporate Blue = BlueBalled
? Silver = Hi Ho Silver
GreenGo = Gangreen
? Copper = Catchmecopper
Vitamin C orange = Agent Orange / Clockwork Orange
Panther Pink = Unforseeable Fuschia

-
Back