Paint mega-disaster (long rant)

-
Just to give an idea of the quality of this car, here's a pic representative of the underbody as I gave it to the guy. Does this warrant 200 hours to fix?

valiant_lt_inner_quarter.jpg

"I dont know, I did a quick search for "Lawyer" and don't see anyone calling them Scumbags here."

AdamR, I don't know how many times I've read people saying on here, "first thing we'll kill all the lawyers", as if they actually knew what Shakespeare intended by having the gravediggers say that in the play Henry V. It's highly-ironic, actually, because they are claiming Shakespeare said the opposite of what he really said. Shakespeare made sure you understood that the gravediggers were really bad, dissolute people, and he used them as a mouthpiece to voice the opposite of what he really believed.

To quote Shakespeare as meaning the exact opposite of what he really meant just shows how dumb people are.

I can do that in 16 hours and I'm slower than heck cause I have nothing but time to do it in.
If I had to do this to make money, one day, breaks for what ever included.

Talk to other car owners and ask them for help and there est.'s, actual paid amount and times for the work to be done.

Wow What A Ripoff This Shop Is!!!!! You Should Post The Name Of The Shop And Where They Are So Anyone Else Can Stay Far Away From Them Thats A Clean Looking Car No F Ing Way It Took That Many Hours And Ps Most I Said Most Lawyers Are Scum Only Out For The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ And Really Could Care Less About You! I Have Delt With A Few In My Time My 2 Cent

69 DART"420";309188 said:
Wow What A Ripoff This Shop Is!!!!! You Should Post The Name Of The Shop And Where They Are So Anyone Else Can Stay Far Away From Them Thats A Clean Looking Car No F Ing Way It Took That Many Hours And Ps Most I Said Most Lawyers Are Scum Only Out For The $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ And Really Could Care Less About You! I Have Delt With A Few In My Time My 2 Cent
If this goes badly I will definitely post the shop's name & flame him good. Don't like to do this until all is final though. Usually the only true winners in litgation are the lawyers. Politicians are almost always lawyers & I truly believe these people will be the downfall of this country, but that's a topic for a different board. BTW I'm located in Pittsburgh, PA.

That really sucks. I think I would go to the better business bureu about it. Not too sure they could help you or not. I would think you could of bought a complete car that was restored for a whole lot less.

I would have started worrying at the first 9 grand,,,brings me back to the post about a-bodies getting to expensive,,and people bitching about 16,000 for a low mile unrestored original,,,,paint and body alone can set you back 10 g's easily,,,hate to say it but,,,bad moves on your part

wait shakespeare?...ummyou sound like one of my teachers from highschool that had no clue about the real world...as far as your thread goes 396...sorry to hear about the headache...

"I dont know, I did a quick search for "Lawyer" and don't see anyone calling them Scumbags here."

AdamR, I don't know how many times I've read people saying on here, "first thing we'll kill all the lawyers", as if they actually knew what Shakespeare intended by having the gravediggers say that in the play Henry V. It's highly-ironic, actually, because they are claiming Shakespeare said the opposite of what he really said. Shakespeare made sure you understood that the gravediggers were really bad, dissolute people, and he used them as a mouthpiece to voice the opposite of what he really believed.

To quote Shakespeare as meaning the exact opposite of what he really meant just shows how dumb people are.

I have no idea what your talking about. Never was big in to Shakespeare. Id rather work on my cars and help others with usefull advice.

If you dont like the reputation Lawyers have maybe find a way to change it instead of giving the people another reason to believe they are right.

Strange, I too serched for lawyers being bad-mouthed & came up with nothing. I found some jokes, but nothing that anyone would consider full blown bad-mouthing....

396 Signet, let us know if you have any up-dates. Hope it all works out.

WOW. Perfect example of the less you can do yourself the more likely you are to get screwed. Sad story but seems warning signs to pull the plug on this shop were seen early on. Hope it works out for you. I got lucky with my Signet having a cheap but thick paint job when I bought her & I wet sanded her for the better part of 3 months off & on with great results.

Oldschoolcuda

holy crap that's a lot of money. I'm a do it yourself guy so I could build close to 3 cars for that kind of money.

cant say much but that sucks:happy10:note to self call in air strike on the moth fu r sorry to here that man thats way sorry

FOOK. Good thing I'm not out as much as you are and I totally feel your pain right now. If you were any closer we could drown out our sorrows in a pitcher of beer.

This is what I found on Wednesday. Sounds like you got good work. But Jesus that's a ****-ton-of-dough. Sorry to hear. Best of luck with the lawyer and shop owner.

DSC03933.jpg

Hm, I always thought it referred to killing the wolves in sheep's clothing, with cleverly-worded contracts written on the hide of an innocent lamb that looked like a good deal but could ruin you if signed and not understood.

But that's just me. :)

They saw you comin'. They are just gouging you for all they can now and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Cut your losses and burn the place for revenge.

Only a lawyer can dream up a class action lawsuit where each "victim" in the class gets a $1.98 and the lawyer takes $60 million.

Arranged a meeting with the body shop on Wed. Hopefully they will listen to reason otherwise heading to court. Will update when I get an answer.

Arranged a meeting with the body shop on Wed. Hopefully they will listen to reason otherwise heading to court. Will update when I get an answer.

If you agree to anything, do yourself a favor - GET IT IN WRITING!

and if it's ANYTHING short of completing the car for what you've already paid........call the news and find some "previous customers" DRIVE THIS GUY INTO THE GROUND....

AND if this "shop" is doing this to you.I wonder what else is not so up-n-up...I'll bet the IRS would love to receive an anonymous tip to the "compliance hotline"

-
Back