Paint Question - Orange ???

-

Sport 360

MOPAR Lover
Reaction score
OK, after days of trying to decide on a color orange for my Sport 360 I'm starting to see spots !! The car is going in for paint on Monday April 11 so I'm thinking I should probably know what color I want :banghead:

I can't seem to be able to tell the difference anymore between these 3, obviously 1 and 2 are the same paint code, just different names ??:
1-Hemi Orange (V2 2186)
2-Tor-Red (V2 2186) (also called "Irid", A-2205, E-2205)
3-Vitamin C (K2 2101) (also called "Irid", A-2204G, E-2204D)

I've google imaged these and they all seem to be different depending on the lighting in the picture. I'm getting very confused over these.

I'm after more of the "orange" than the "red/orange" but some pictures of the Hemi Orange and Tor-Red look very orange too. Could it be that people just call it by the wrong name ??

Any help/pic's/advice will be much appreciated. :cheers:

Attachments

• 1970chip.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 11,822
  • 1970-dodge-pc[1].jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,903
  • 1970-plymouth-pc.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,594
I believe they were just different names between Dodge and Plymouth. Sublime/Limelight Hemi Orange/Tor Red. You can't go from pictures on the internet, so many variables.

I believe they were just different names between Dodge and Plymouth. Sublime/Limelight Hemi Orange/Tor Red. You can't go from pictures on the internet, so many variables.

Ya that sure seems to be the case but I guess the issue I'm having is the fact they look so different from picture to picture.
I'm thinking the Vit C or Go Mango is the one I will go with, seems to be more orange. Thanks !

I like 60436 orange and tor red, I think either would be a nice vibrant mopar color to go with.

like was mentioned,between brands the name changed.....example, dodge and plymouth both used basically the same color purple except one was called plum crazy purple and the other was call in violet

Tor red has alittle more red in it than the Vitamin C has. In the bright light you will see the metalics more in the Vitamin C.

Hemi Orange and Tor Red are the same color.

Vitamin C and Go Mango are also the same.

Irid is short for iridescence

Mines tor red and in some pics it looks straight red, and in others it looks bright orange.
Your car looks great and it does look orange, thats what is so confusing.
I think I will play it safe and go with the Mango/Vitamin C color.

PA090513.jpg

PA090517.jpg

PA090516.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

Compare it to Lambo Orange
P5189397.jpg

P6019499.jpg

As you can see, different lighting conditions result in different hues thru your eyes.

Your car looks great and it does look orange, thats what is so confusing.
I think I will play it safe and go with the Mango/Vitamin C color.

THANKS. in my avatar pic its still all original paint. its at the body shop right now. hopefully it will be back soon. think ill go start a thread in the build section...

I shot this the other day, suppose to be Vit C, looks too red to me...

enginebay055Small.jpg

Bay003.jpg

Also on a side note. You cannot use a paint chip for an exact color choice. The color on the card is just a sample. Also remember that every so often paints change, and the formula's have to change with them. You will never get a paint to be an exact match from what was available 40 years ago with today's paint technology. Also, the reason why you can see such a variance between color's is everyone uses different paint lines. Some go cheap some go expensive, each paint company has to make those formula's and you can bet the cheaper lines won't be a close match to the original color. I went to a Chrysler dealership when the Challenger first came "back". I asked the salesman if he knew Hemi Orange actually had metallic flake in it... the front bumper on the new Challenger had ZERO metallic in it, and the rest of the car did.

And on a side note, if you like red, one of the best mixes I ever made was 50% E5 and 50% R6. Made the perfect medium red.

Orangetwist - Your car looks great. It looks like the same color that my Twister was when it was new. Is your paint a match with the factory color?

Mine was Hemi Orange/Tor Red from the factory. It does have a lot of red in it but it's still more orange than red. In direct sunlight it doesn't look as red as the signature photo below. Vitamin C is bright orange - like citrus orange (or Chevy orange).

This is Hemi Orange and in person its ORANGE.:grin::cheers:

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0232.jpg

Now here's the engine bay. Same color paint but the picture was taken with a different camera.

DSC01047.jpg

My advice would be NOT to try and choose a paint color based on pictures from the internet.
Good Luck!!

The V2 orange has some small gold metallic particles in it...that's why it shifts color a bit. My Bee looks bright orange in the daylight on sunny day but looks reddish orange on overcast days or late in the day. You can see the difference where the shadow line is on my front fender. Sun and shade hue...

Either way....the V2 is a medium orange with VitC being more of a light orange....they both look good though.

Mop

Attachments

• DSC02834.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 1,153
If you like orange with a yellow tint then go vitC
If you like orange with a red tint go EV2 or Hemi orange.

If you cant decide then go custom color....any paint shop these days can mix whatever you like.

My car color is a DD1 Custom...lots of metallic flake in a stock color....it never fails to blow peoples minds.

Mop

My Dart was originally EV2 Hemi Orange and I will return it to that one day but for now its between Tor Red and Vit C cross, Omaha Orange is also a great color

I painted mine Mango, its not a factory Mopar color but I like it, its a little different and thats okay in my book. I can get the color code if you think you like it. Here's a pic for you.

Attachments

• mothers day car show pics 001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,085
  • new car paint pics 012.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,072
Thanks for all the help.
I think (at least for now LOL) I'm going with the Vit. C.
This seems to be the color I'm after. With the matte black stripes and hood scoop this should look good.
I'll post pictures when it's done.

the local paint shop in my area has little 2"x4" metal swatches painted with the every color on the wheel. They let you step outside with it so you can really get a good look at the color. I'd advise you consider that. see which color grabs you.

-
Back