Paint removal on grill & finish panel

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
I am going to redo my grill and finish panel on my 68 dart and was wondering what would be the best way to remove the paint so I can repaint. thanks for your help on this!:hello1:

I just washed & degreased, then hit with a red scotchbrite pad to score & shot it with three coats of Mopar Argent. I'm very pleased.

attachment.php

I had to do mine black. :D
They just seem to want to be black.

Attachments

• dart1a.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 274
get a sand blaster, set it on the lowest setting and stand a ways back and dust the grill with it. This should take off the paint and not cause any damage.

gotta do mine too 71 style ,a little more tricky 2 colors.kinda like the black 73 grill,dis mine that way (when it had a beak) but on a black car like jeffs the silver looks better to me:headbang:

I am going to redo my grill and finish panel on my 68 dart and was wondering what would be the best way to remove the paint so I can repaint. thanks for your help on this!:hello1:

I just did a 70 challenger grill and used easyoff oven cleaner,I did my instrument cluster to remove chrome AND paint on the cluster
I didn't take any pictures of the grill but I do have one of the endpiece on the instrument cluster. (did the rest of them later worked great)

View attachment DSCF2967.JPG

you can see the end piece that's been done and the others are next in line. just spray it on and go away for a while, come back and then wipe it down your done. for stubborn paint you might have to spray it twice.

-
Back