painted the swinger grill

-

res1vw21

It's only metal
Reaction score
I'm not 100% done yet I still have to do a little black work on the headlight bezels but I think for the most part it came out pretty good.

I don't even want to think bout all the hours I have into it masking and sanding.

resizedgrill1.JPG

resizedgrill2.JPG

resizedgrill3.JPG

resizedgrill4.JPG

resizedgrill5.JPG

resizedgrill6.JPG

resizedgrill7.JPG

that looks real good I'm working on mine now.Were those pics taken from your treehouse lol

duhh i see now 71...looks real good except around the headlights it should be like the grill, black with silver edgeing

DSC02126.JPG

duhh i see now 71...looks real good except around the headlights it should be like the grill, black with silver edgeing

yep I'm not done yet, I gotta let the silver dry before I can remask it

the first is a '70 with a '71 center
the second and last ones are a '70
the two above the last are '71s

70swng55.jpg

swing6.jpg

001.jpg

swing7.jpg

swing10.jpg

Hmm, my grill is silver but it was a /6 car, maybe the previous owner changed the grill? Thought that 70's had the silver fins???

all 1970 darts had the silver fins
all 1971 swingers had the black fins
since so many cars were either in accidents or just broke the fins, the only center section was replaced with a 71 style. This is all that was in stock after 1971!

the new center section had the 70 parking lights and headlight doors reinstalled as they were not usually damaged.

My first 70 dart was like this and I did not notice it till I purchased the original 70 Dart showroom brochure!

all 1970 darts had the silver fins
all 1971 swingers had the black fins

We have a winner

The 70-71 parts book only shows 1 grille for each model year with no designation as to engine size or model level.

-
Back