painting

-

Mopar Al

MOPAR AL
Reaction score
For any body men. Is it possible to paint the underside of a car with IMRON with a brush? I am thinking if I mix small portions at a time this may work. Dont want to spray due to the hazards of the paint, but do want the durability.

My eyes hurt just reading this. Yes, it is possible. The pot life once mixed should be on the can. Brushed paint will not cover as well and will look like, well, brushed paint. And the biggest paint hazards you have are fumes. You will have those regardless. Granted you won't be breathing in paint particles, but you should be wearing a mask either way. Do yourself a favor and spray it. Or find a friend to do it for you. The end result will be far more satisfying and something you can be proud of.

X2, Why Imron, are you trying to match body color? Do you have a bunch of extra or something? What look and color are you trying to end up with? I am assuming if you are even thinking of brushing it on, looks are not a big concern. I would spray it, not use a brush. Since it is on the underside, you can get some Industrial Machine urethane a lot cheaper than car paint and way more durable. Sherwin Williams makes Polane which is super tough. The main drawback is that it does not have the UV protectors in it that car paint does... but for the underside, it is not sitting there baking in the sun anyway.

Yes it will work. I used IMRON for years and it is one of the easiest paints to spray. I have never brushed it on more then small touch-up aread but it flows out nicely. Pot life sould be plenty to do what you are doing. At least 8 hours in the cup. We use to put small batches in a fridge over night and still be able to use them in the morning for touch up or vailing.

X2, Why Imron, are you trying to match body color? Do you have a bunch of extra or something? What look and color are you trying to end up with? I am assuming if you are even thinking of brushing it on, looks are not a big concern. I would spray it, not use a brush. Since it is on the underside, you can get some Industrial Machine urethane a lot cheaper than car paint and way more durable. Sherwin Williams makes Polane which is super tough. The main drawback is that it does not have the UV protectors in it that car paint does... but for the underside, it is not sitting there baking in the sun anyway.

IMRON was used alot on marine applications way back. Im sure theres some UV protection there. I painted my Honda Civic with it back in the early 90's and it looked great untill I got rid of it(dumb move) 8 years later.

-
Back