Pam's Jamaican Blue Baby

-
So I got them put back together and they look great. I was able to salvage the gaskets so I saved 170 bucks on those. I need to install some window channel gasket in the frame for the wing window as I had to replace one. After lots of surfing I finally found some at restoration specialties.

So once again...moving forward but stopped by lack of parts.

Today I'm gong to order some small stuff like fuel pump, line and some other goodies to complete the power train. Snowed last night so I gotta get to plowing. Working on the back side windows as well.....they need to be scraped and polished.

Enjoy the day.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_5132.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 479
  • 100_5133.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 485
  • 100_5135.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 486
And now the glass is all back in the car.

Something amazing happened this weekend.......I got the car to the shop and we installed the frame rail connectors. Hallelujah.

Also stripped the bumper brackets and painted them and made a white face for my radio to match the gauge faces then installed it. Tomorrow the windshield is going back in then I start looking for a second hand cherry picker.

Some pics to enjoy.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_5141.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 461
  • 100_5140.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_5139.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_5138.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 449
Didn't think I would forget the important work did you?

Stand by.....this thing is getting close.

Attachments

• cuda69.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 457
  • 69 frame rails.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 460
How did you make the white face for the radio? That looks really good!

Believe it or not I just used the paint program on my computer.

I measured the spacing and font height on the old radio face then transferred that over to paint. The fonts are not exact but close enough that you don't notice.

Just used a sheet of white card stock and taped the face with some low sheen clear tape to mute it a bit...cut and folded it to match then attached it with some packing tape....kinda bush league compared to a sticker or screen printing but it works and looks sano.

Attachments

• radio face.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 441
Tomorrow the windshield is going back in then I start looking for a second hand cherry picker.

Floor jack and furniture dollies. One man job. No cherry picker needed.

Attachments

• DSC00908s.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 421
If you think I'm tearing apart the front end to do an under install your crazy...:blob:

Located the picker so it's just a matter of time.

windshield goes in this morning...just waiting on the glass guy who is gonna help me....I should say I will be helping him.

Well two cherry pickers are better than one.....especially those cheap Chinese ones that blow the seals on the cylinder just lifting the arm.

We just finished installing the windshield and man it looks nice.

One thing a day......she's on her way.

Very nice!!!!

I would be nervous about scratchs which is why mine is going in from the bottom. Least the \6 for this gem is a little smaller.

I would say good luck but you seem to have it well covered.

I've dropped a few motors in finished bays including big block in my fat fish twice so I know the procedure.....cardboard and moving blankets on the inner fender wells, one over the radiator support and one more at the fire wall. hopefully I wont have to rely on them. Always helps to have a couple buddy's there to sacrifice their arms or fingers as well.

I will take my time and make sure nothing happens.......seems like those are famous last words.

OK.

Got the windshield installed and the surrounding trim done. I converted the plastic lock strip typical on 67's and verts to stainless strip at the bottom of the windshield. To do so I had to modify the bottom strip by cutting off an inch on each side then slicing the clip edge off so it would slide into the A pillar moldings.

You only get one shot when your cutting this and lucky me I nailed it. You also have to change to 68-69 windshield gasket and clips at the bottom.

Doing this change leaves a slight gap between the trim and the gasket at the A pillar edges that I will fill with some black silicon rubber tubing, like surgical tubing. You wont notice when its done unless you know my secret.

I think the hassle was worth it as it looks clean.

Pics for your enjoyment.

I'm moving on to the next whatever whenever I figure out what it is.

One thing a day.

View attachment 100_5152.jpg

View attachment 100_5153.jpg

View attachment 100_5157.jpg

View attachment 100_5156.jpg

Standard bottom strip from a 68-69 a body front windshield. Just a few mods as shown and it fit like it was meant too.

Makes a huge difference in the look....now it's finished correctly....like the factory should have done it.

Attachments

• 100_5153.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_5155.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 374
Standard bottom strip from a 68-69 a body front windshield. Just a few mods as shown and it fit like it was meant too.

Makes a huge difference in the look....now it's finished correctly....like the factory should have done it.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. Thai's the way i am definitely going to go. This thread is awesome! Good Luck

=D> Still enjoying this great build thought I would clutter your build once again with a :thumleft::thumleft: and an ataboy on the work you are doing this morning :coffee2:

Thanks for the kudos....love to hear it and it keeps me motivated.

Picked up a nice engine hoist this weekend so hopefully the motor will be in place by the end of the week.

I got side side tracked as usual since the weather got crappy this weekend.

Working on cleaning and polishing and painting the script for the car. I got both Barracuda emblems and the PLYMOUTH one done....yea I watched a lot of racing this weekend...truth be told.

So I will make the attempt but don't be surprised If I change direction as usual....it all needs to be done so I don't get to frayed when I change course.

Last night I worked on the motor a bit. Installed teh dizzy and the plugs and wires then I test fit my aussie speed intake and my hooker headers and guess what....the aussie did not like the hookers....so I have to return the headers and get some aussie speed headers.

Bummer...

Who cares? I have lots of other things to do so off I go....

Attachments

• slanty.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 308
Tip.

I installed the new window fuzzies on the doors last night.

Would have been much easier to do this before I installed the glass.

No scratches luckily but lots of drama and stress that was not needed.

Tip to the readers.....

Got my fuel line and pump yesterday so that's what I did. Ran line from the tank to the front and installed the sending unit. Tonight I finalize some things in the engine compartment and adjust my wing window frames so I can install some weatherstrip on the a pillar.

Tomorrow night the motor drops....

Wow, what a great car and a super job you are doing with it!

Details, details, details! You started the thread by claiming it was going to be a driver, I hope after all the hours you have invested you don't change your mind!

Keep it up!

The're only perfect once and once you start it up and put it in gear they start the slow decomposition cycle again.

It's a driver in the sense that it will be driven, by my wife, on nice days.

Just like my fatty.

I don't mind driving in rain but I do mind cleaning up the underside after I do, so I try to steer clear of bad weather.

That's why I have an old pick up truck....for crappy days.

That's my definition of a driver.

Went pretty smooth but we worked late and I'm tired. What can I say except......oh yeaaaa.

Now the pace quickens as the end is in sight.

Still lots to do so I have to stay on it.

Enjoy. I'm resting today.

Attachments

• 100_5163.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 100_5164.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 100_5166.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 241
My dog jacked with us the entire time we were sweating out the install..........little bugger kept dropping his nasty soggy rope toy in our faces and laps and just getting in the way like never before.

I guess he wanted some serious attention so here you go Klaus.

Is this enough attention for ya?

Attachments

• 100_5171.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 237
-
Back