PanGasket's Part Pro Challenge

-

PanGasket

has cork sides
Reaction score
So, you think you know any and every Mopar part on the face of the planet? If Jeopardy involved Mopar parts, you'd be a millionaire huh?

Well, now's the time to prove your salt! Every week on Monday or Tuesday, I will post either A) a picture of an entire part or B) a close-up shot of a part. I will provide a hint if no one is even close.

So let's kick it off with something that I know will stump you guys for now.:D I've been saving this part for just this occasion

NSXnCwH.jpg

So just what kind of answer exactly are you seeking for the distributor pictured?

Year? Application? Part number?

From the pic, it looks like any ordinary electronic ignition distributor.....

two of you are very very close. one of you is really gaining momentum, but you are almost dead on it.

Big block distributor ? Lol

Big block electronic distributor in a left hand..

^^^ sort of right on, thrust collar on the shaft, to stop it from lifting..

but for a big block, counter ( left hand ;-) ) rotation..
I'll give it to you two, mainly Hyde440 as he guessed it first. Its for a low deck B motor. But I'll take big block as a correct answer :headbang:

I guess that was an easy one.

Let's try another. Answer on this one is once again applications, don't need to be super specific, just the model of the vehicle(or same body platform) and the part. No brand X parts here. Just mopars:glasses7:
xCZelOs.jpg

How bout this guys, whoever answers correctly gets to try and stump everyone with their part? and whoever answers on their part correctly gets to do the same etc etc. whatcha think?

It's a Harbor Freight stubby rubber insulated crescent wrench factory pre set to 5/16'', 4 chain links, a battery charger, a rubber insulated pair of pliers, a sketch of an alien, a clear plastic cover, an upside down plastic mouse trap, and i would stay at 21. (King of clubs and ace of spades) It is all sitting on an old coffee table from the late '70s early '80s.
Oh, and a speaker grille from a '60s c body.
All of this stuff was in the trunk.

It's a Harbor Freight stubby rubber insulated crescent wrench factory pre set to 5/16'', 4 chain links, a battery charger, a rubber insulated pair of pliers, a sketch of an alien, a clear plastic cover, an upside down plastic mouse trap, and i would stay at 21. (King of clubs and ace of spades) It is all sitting on an old coffee table from the late '70s early '80s.

WRONG!
That is a metric crescent wrench, so it's 8mm not 5/16 :D

Great Neck stubby, but close. The 4 links of chain are actuallt the base to my lamp. Correct on the pliers, No alien, he is actually a skeleton hot rodder :cheers:, actually that is a Texas Instruments calculator lol, and it is a speaker grille, but not from a C-body:D

WRONG!
That is a metric crescent wrench, so it's 8mm not 5/16 :D

Everyone knows that metric crescent wrenches have green handles, so it's you that are wrong. :D
I still think that the drawing is of an alien......:tongue5:
And the speaker grille is out of a Dodge 5 ton truck.

-
Back