parents helping homeless

-

mattq

Reaction score
http://www.ky3.com/home/video/92057209.html

Thought I would share what my parents have been doing in their community for the past 5 years. We are all very proud and help about once or twice a month during harvest time. Nice to see some good stuff get reported from time to time. If more people were doing stuff like this I think the country would be a lot better off.

:cheers: Good for them. I am always happy to see that there are people out there willing to do this.

outstanding....the world needs more people like your parents.....

Some of the best stuff is what happens behind the scenes that nobody knows about.

Agreed, 'spaz. While the movie stars send out press releases as to what they just gave or our politicians feel that folks should be compelled to give (sorry, not getting political, just stating fact) the actuality is that many folks give on his or her own time without any acknowledgement and without any reward other than neighbor helping neighbor.

This kind of help is what keeps the country moving forward and has for the past two plus centuries. Anyone who takes on such an endevour is receiving a larger reward.

They have my respect.

Hey Matt, I saw this great thing on the tube yesterday morning and yes my hat goes off to the good ones out there and yes there are many. Last year i planted my deer plot with turnips and had a bumper crop so i advertised on our local swap line shows for free turnips. Got a good response and gave several hundred pounds to those that would come and get em. This year i planted 2 acres of sweet corn with a couple of rows of okra and a variety of squash. The idea of getting businesses to help out is a good idea, i'll try it. By the way, the rows are 100 yards long. I've always wanted a truck patch so it looks like i have one. I'm sure there's a reason for it all also. I'll sell what i can and give to those that cant afford it. Maybe a donation only thing. A 50# sack of sweet corn seed is $288 and that's the cheap stuff but i still have enough for a couple more years. Come down and see me if ya get a chance and when the opportunity comes about i would like to set and chat with your folks for some tips. My son lives and works in Springfield at Lowes. I've always gotten a good feeling doing things for the less fortunate.
Small Block

-
Back