Parking lights/brake lights

-

cmills

Reaction score
My front parking lights and dash lights go on when I depress the brake pedal. Where should I begin to look?

That's a bummer, the cops can see you braking, whether you're coming or going.

I've had that issue quite some time ago, I think all I did was to replace the switch at the brake pedal.
There's a few member's on here that are great with these electrical issues, hopefully they will see this thread and possibly/likely correct my diagnosis.

You have a stock wiring harness?

Might be a problem right in the turn signal switch

I'm going to guess, By "park lights" you are really seeing the brighter turn element in those front 1157 bulbs and by "dash lights" you mean the turn indicators and not dash illumination.
Probably a problem in the hazard flasher switch, turn signal switch or wiring. Do these switches do what they should ?

.....problem in the hazard flasher switch, turn signal switch or wiring.

I would guess that if the 4 way flasher is missing or bad, AND YOU HAVE the 4 way flasher switch engaged, this would happen

I'm going to guess, By "park lights" you are really seeing the brighter turn element in those front 1157 bulbs and by "dash lights" you mean the turn indicators and not dash illumination.
Probably a problem in the hazard flasher switch, turn signal switch or wiring. Do these switches do what they should ?

The actual dash lights illuminate.

The actual dash lights illuminate.

In that case you do have brake lamp power feeding the entire park lamp circuit. That will have to be in a bulb/fixture or the wiring. Signal switch no longer suspect.

-
Back