parking lights

-

gary peed

Reaction score
my parking lights go out when I turn on my hi beams I know that some models the parking lights would go off this is a 70 dart and there is a way to run a jumper wire on the light switch to keep them on but not sure about that, any ideas

I don't know about 1970, but that was true of the earlier ones, except Barracuda's starting ~1965. Apparently, parking lights on while driving (thus "running lights") was a secret clubby thing for fish owners, since it sounds like all other cars of that era had no parking lights with headlights. There is an easy jumper you can do at the headlight switch that was posted here the last year or so. I don't have the link at hand, but you should find it.

I've never needed to conquer this issue so I can only shed a little light on it ( pardon the pun )
I think you will find all the headlight switches are the same for a given year model.
If the difference isn't in the switch it has to be in the wiring harness.

Red is right. The switches are the same. The switches have a separate park light output. All Ma did when they changed is move the park light feed wire from the park terminal of the light switch to the tail lights.

HOWEVER I thought 70's???? already did this??? Check for power at the light socket, and if you have power, then you have a SOCKET GROUND problem

-
Back