Parts Swap Between 69 and 75 Dart

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 75 Dart as a donor car for roof skin and some other miscellaneous parts for my 69 Dart project. I have a couple of questions. First, if the 75 Dart has an 8.75 rear in it, can that be direct swapped into my 69? Also (and this is not the exact right place for this question), if the 75 has disc brakes on the front, can all of those parts be direct swapped into my 69 to complete the front disc brake conversion?

if it has an 8 1/4 (8.25) you might use that. Nothing wrong with 8.25, they are tougher than most give them credit for and gears are cheap for them and easy to find because they used the Chrysler 8.25 in a lot of jeeps and it will be the big bolt pattern to match the disk brakes.

If it is a 7 1/4 keep looking for something else. IMO

those are your only 2 options if it is original

If you can save all the steering linkage, steering box, K member, etc, all the front end stuff.

Th steering linkage is different between 73 / later than your early stuff but will all interchange if you go to a later box / pitman arm. You might find it useful later on. The K member will have improved "spool" mounts depending on what engines the two cars had.

As said, if it's an 8 1/4 it's a cheap way at least temporarily to get "into" BBP wheels. I also used a set of late springs interlaced with my early 67 rear springs to make one set of "beefed" rear springs. This worked very well for me, and was cheap.

I did the disk swap on my 69 dart using the master cylinder and disks from my 73. I left the K member and lower control arm and all the tie rods in the 69. you should only need to swap everything above the lower ball joint, including the upper control arm.

-
Back