"Pass Time" Anyone?

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
What do you guys think.......it's finally going in for time trials.........any guesses?

72 Demon, 318 block, stock heads shaved a tweak & lightly ported (cleanup)......Purple cam....Holley 650 Dual into Edelbrock Performer Intake, through a K&N top feed with true ram-air (dual snorkel)....Stock manifolds into dual 2.5's with Flowmasters.

235-60/15's with 3.55 gears and a stock torqueflite.....stock body and interior......foot brake launch..............(by the way, I'm a seasoned veteran, with a pretty good reaction time, if'n I do say so myself, and I'll also be using a little compound on the tires).

Whay say ye? What'll she push in a quarter? :burnout:

Ain't got nuttin' to do with the et in a purely technical sense, but it's got everything to do with the pass..........If you're a drip at the tree, you'll most likely be one during the rest of the run.

Experience counts.

(Honestly.....you young guns....ya' tink us "old" guys is idiots?) :rolleyes:

Ain't got nuttin' to do with the et in a purely technical sense, but it's got everything to do with the pass..........If you're a drip at the tree, you'll most likely be one during the rest of the run.

Experience counts.

No 'we' young guns just say that to ruffle 'old guns' feathers. All in fun, i know you know that. Experience always counts. :thumleft:

Experience counts.

Nope, I don't think there are many idiots here, geeze were all mopar guys. However the way I see it, unless you have a rocket strapped to your a**, a typical stock 318 with a little 4bbl, you will be hard pressed to break the 15 sec mark. Experience maybe, but there is no replacement for displacement. You need raw hp to get to the end of the track.

You pessimists are plain bummin' me out.........:sad11:

Before I put the 340 in The Duster I am running my mostly stock 318 the Wednesday after next. I expect 15's. I pray for 14's. I wanted to be realistic with my goals and if I do hit the 14's somewhere, I will be ecstatic.

What do you guys think.......it's finally going in for time trials.........any guesses?

72 Demon, 318 block, stock heads shaved a tweak & lightly ported (cleanup)......Purple cam....Holley 650 Dual into Edelbrock Performer Intake, through a K&N top feed with true ram-air (dual snorkel)....Stock manifolds into dual 2.5's with Flowmasters.

235-60/15's with 3.55 gears and a stock torqueflite.....stock body and interior......foot brake launch..............(by the way, I'm a seasoned veteran, with a pretty good reaction time, if'n I do say so myself, and I'll also be using a little compound on the tires).

Whay say ye? What'll she push in a quarter? :burnout:

What are the specs on the cam?

Well, it's like-a dis..............I'm mapping dragway distances from Z-Hills, and my son said Bradenton was a shoe-in..........nay nay............It appears that Lakeland (Don Garlits old drag strip) is closest, BUT it's only an eighth....

Looks like I'll have to go to Orlando after all......... Figure........ I lived over there in College Park for 2 years and never once got to the strip......too busy building the Cuda and detailing the Demon to actually have fun with them other than cruisin............

Goody, is that still your neighborhood?................ :walk:

By the way, THANKS OldVart for that vint of optimism.........14.98 we will try.

(I guess I'll unhook those A/C belts, huh?):salute:

Well, I'll be goin' over for a test and tune I guess.........

I'll post the results. :burnout: (first, I'm gonna take it up "on the hill" one night this week and test the new gears and posi unit....rebuilt about 50 miles ago....need to tweak my throttle pressure a little too......then off we go).

I'll more than likely look like Cheech and Chong if I happen by one of our revered law enforcement officers...........hope he can tell burnin' rubber from other local smoke varieties............ [-o<

Well for comparison purposes my old 1983 5th ave would run 15.8-15.9 consistently. Original 318 with 60k+ miles, streetmaster manifold, 600 vac sec, MSD 6a, rebuilt 904 with a T/A kit, 8 3/4 3.91SG, stock manifolds with dual 2.5 flowmasters, and good ol' Hawaii air. That car would easily be 600lbs heavier than yours, especially with all the junk I always had in the trunk (not to mention my trunk). Always ran with all the accessories hooked up, ran it just like it would on the street. I wouldn't say that its impossible for you to squeak into the 14's. I try to be an optimistic person8)

-
Back