pass. upper control arm

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are different from disc to drum Ken so make sure you get the right one. Unfortunately I tossed a set a couple months back. Had them for sale for over a year and got tired of tripping over them. Never the right timing is it

The upper control arm is the same between the Kelsey Hayes disc brakes, the 10" brakes and the 9" brakes if they are small bolt pattern wheels and hasn't been upgraded to a 73 up upper control arm to install bbp discs. It even uses the same ball joint.

if you are not in a hurry , I am doing a disk brake conversion on
my 68 cuda . you can have my old ones - just pay the shipping fees.
I am saving to buy the tubular big ball joint control arms and I
already have the disk brake set up. I will be doing the swap in middle
to late march. Not into hanging parts on my wall hoping they turn to
gold. LOL.

thanks yall wheels i will take them let me know when ya got them off thanks a bunch

fishy68
FYI (For your information)
There is no difference in a upper control arm, on a 73-76 A body car wether it is Drum brake, or Disc brake.
They are all the same.
I constantly wonder were all the miss information comes from on this site, when reading postings in the suspension, and brake forums.

I did not say disc and drum were different from 73 on. If you read what the OP is advertising for you'll see he wants an upper control arm for a 71 Duster with drum brakes. An upper control arm for a 71 Duster with drum brakes is not the same as an upper control arm for a 73 and up disc brake car. Is it???

I constantly wonder why people can't read what it so plainly written.

And BTW (by the way) I know what FYI means

I am sorry but you were making things confusing. 72 back is the same and 73 up is the same on our A bodies. It doesn't matter if they are drum or disc brakes within the year groups because they are the same.

Fishy68
This mans posting is not the place to get into an internet pissing contest with one another.
Your first reply was the one that was confusing, not the original posters question.
And it's good to know that both of us know what FYI & BTW stand for.
If i pissed you off, that wasn't any of my intent.
You took it the wrong way.

I am sorry but you were making things confusing. 72 back is the same and 73 up is the same on our A bodies. It doesn't matter if they are drum or disc brakes within the year groups because they are the same.

That's actually what I meant. Just didn't do a good job writing it. I straightened it all out. Sorry for the confusion

Fishy68
This mans posting is not the place to get into an internet pissing contest with one another.

Your exactly right.

Your first reply was the one that was confusing, not the original posters question.

Don't have any clue where you got that I said the original posters reply was confusing. I never said or even commented on it except to say that he said he was looking for a upper control arm for a 71 Duster

And it's good to know that both of us know what FYI & BTW stand for.
If i pissed you off, that wasn't any of my intent.
You took it the wrong way.

If you don't want people to take things the wrong way maybe you should reconsider quoting something from them and saying,

"I constantly wonder were all the miss information comes from on this site, when reading postings in the suspension, and brake forums"

A comment like that sounds pretty sarcastic to me.

I blanked out all my earlier comments so there's no more confusion and wish the best to KensDodge in getting what he wanted.

Now with you blanking out all of your replies to the posting, nobody can see what you wrote, and can see what i replied too.
Then that makes me look like the village idiot here.
Guess i can't let that be.
Your reply didn't state that a difference exists between a 62-72 UCA and the 73-76 UCA's.
Your wording made it to be that there is a different UCA for the early disc brake, and then drum brake cars.
That's what i wanted to get straight, from the beginning, when i made my reply.

This guys topic has gone off the train track, and if you want to get into an internet fight with me, now that you deleated all your replies, do it in a seperate posting somewhere.

Sometimes things in type get misconstrued.........take it easy & move on.

Everyone has tried to help in this thread IMO :cheers:

Now with you blanking out all of your replies to the posting, nobody can see what you wrote, and can see what i replied too.
Then that makes me look like the village idiot here.
Guess i can't let that be.
Your reply didn't state that a difference exists between a 62-72 UCA and the 73-76 UCA's.
Your wording made it to be that there is a different UCA for the early disc brake, and then drum brake cars.
That's what i wanted to get straight, from the beginning, when i made my reply.

This guys topic has gone off the train track, and if you want to get into an internet fight with me, now that you deleated all your replies, do it in a seperate posting somewhere.

I wasn't trying to make anybody look like the village idiot or start an internet fight by deleting my posts. I mearly deleted them to try to make you happy (which doesn't seem possible) since you said I was wrong, which I really wasn't because I do know the differences, I just got in a hurry and didn't type things out very clearly and you jumped all over it trying to make me look bad. I couldn't care less anymore and will be unsubscribing to this thread so I won't see there's any replies. It's not worth the H&A factor:violent1:

There is no difference in a upper control arm, on a 73-76 A body car wether it is Drum brake, or Disc brake.
They are all the same.
I constantly wonder were all the miss information comes from on this site, when reading postings in the suspension, and brake forums.

Wow! This site is amazing! I just learned something new!(after 30 years of taking stuff apart, that's always a rare event!)

I decided this argument could be settled in my back yard, so I did it and boy was I surprised!

What I KNEW of A body ucas (from personal experience) is that the pre-72 SBP uca used a small ball joint and that the 73 and up uca for LBP disc brakes used a LARGE ball joint.

I also KNEW for a fact that drum brake setups from 73-76 maintained the small bolt pattern drums and wheels. You only got large bolt pattern if you got disc brakes.

So logically, I always assumed that the SBP setup on the 73-76 would have used the pre-72 small ball joint ucas.

I have a 74 Dart small bolt pattern drum brake setup laying in the back yard. I got my large and small ball joint sockets and went back there to prove you wrong. It WAS a large ball joint!
Wow! Was I misinformed! There is a huge demand for large ball joint ucas and I just found a new source!

Great site, great info!

I don't like interfering but if you still need them I have nice parts and know what you are looking for. They are just the common Early A arms. $35 for a pair Steve

I have a 74 Dart small bolt pattern drum brake setup laying in the back yard. I got my large and small ball joint sockets and went back there to prove you wrong. It WAS a large ball joint!
Wow! Was I misinformed! There is a huge demand for large ball joint ucas and I just found a new source!

Great site, great info!

Greg P.
Makes you stop and think how many pairs of UCA's you passed up in the past.
Like you, i sell on eBay.
Have been doing it for the past twelve years, when i got a computer in my old age.
I literally have sold dozens, and dozens of those UCA's in that time frame, on and off eBay. So i always knew there was no difference to them, along with me being a former full time, auto mechanic, and owner of a 71 Cuda, and 71 Hemi GTX.
And in later years when these disc brake swaps really began to get popular, the parts have become quite valuable.
But the supply of 6 cylinder 73-76 A body drum brake and disc brake cars have gone away, pretty much like their V8 brothers and sisters.

They are all the same.

Wow! This site is amazing! I just learned something new!(after 30 years of taking stuff apart, that's always a rare event!)

I decided this argument could be settled in my back yard, so I did it and boy was I surprised!

What I KNEW of A body ucas (from personal experience) is that the pre-72 SBP uca used a small ball joint and that the 73 and up uca for LBP disc brakes used a LARGE ball joint.

I also KNEW for a fact that drum brake setups from 73-76 maintained the small bolt pattern drums and wheels. You only got large bolt pattern if you got disc brakes.

So logically, I always assumed that the SBP setup on the 73-76 would have used the pre-72 small ball joint ucas.

Great site, great info!

I had always thought like you since the 73 up drum cars were sbp but I discovered that they were the same when I looked them up in my Hollander Interchange manual.

I learn new information all the time on this site from reading what other members have learned the hard way.

Actually, I haven't passed up any. I always sell the small ball joint ucas. I've never scrapped a single set. It just turns out that I have less small ones in stock and some big ball joint ones I didn't know about!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back