Passenger Side Mirror Recommendation

-
That $100 mirror is what you need. I have looked for years for a companion mirror for my 66. I finally found one at a swap meet and paid $100 for it but it isn't perfect. The repops are nice but keep them waxed. The chrome isn't the best quality and are prone to slight pitting after a year or so. Those mirrors were a option or dealer installed add on so finding a nice original one is hard to find. Good luck.

saw the remote style one on a 65 barrcuda 273 4bbl 4spd just the other week at my parts guys yard . the base was broken although . and he is the one that broke it . he was sick over it . the car was a garage queen its whole life , but one day the owner got rear ended at 40 mph , destroyed the beauty . never saw original paint , chrome , glass , interior , ect.... that great ! i managed to get a couple of parts for my 64 . but parts flew out his yard . not shear if its still there , will check if you like . he's some 60 miles one way , so i need my ducks in a row before going to see .

^ what he said. I bought that same mirror from the same seller and I'm happy with it and it comes with everything needed except the chrome plated screw. I used the gasket as a marker to line up the location with the DS mirror and mark everything before I drilled any holes.

Awesome. Thanks for the response folks. I think I'll grab the eBay one next payday.

hmmm....it seems to me when installed they are not useable from the driver seat??
...is this just for looks?

hmmm....it seems to me when installed they are not useable from the driver seat??

I used a dremel to give mine a little extra adjustability so that it was more functional from the driver position

100 bucks? Yall are crazy.

Attachments

• DUCT TAPE MIRROR.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 360
Put a convex mirror over the original passenger mirror face, now can be seen from drivers side and the convex works good on the passenger side for blind spots

Just a side note. Be careful where you mount it. Somewhere I read a thread that some of the Mopar side mirrors were nearly unusable because of mounting / positioning. I got the impression that if you "match" the mounting to the left door, the vent window "post" is in the way.

Just a side note. Be careful where you mount it. Somewhere I read a thread that some of the Mopar side mirrors were nearly unusable because of mounting / positioning. I got the impression that if you "match" the mounting to the left door, the vent window "post" is in the way.

My dad had a Barracuda with mirrors on both sides. If you are looking down from above the car, they DON'T line up. They must be offset so you can see through either the windwing OR the passenger window. If I remember right, you saw the mirror through the window.

:wack:

^ what he said. I bought that same mirror from the same seller and I'm happy with it and it comes with everything needed except the chrome plated screw. I used the gasket as a marker to line up the location with the DS mirror and mark everything before I drilled any holes.

In most cases, the right mirror isn't placed mirror imagine to the left. Thread starter should know the right mirror on a-body can be worthless. My right mirror is long cable remote but parts from 3 to build it. More than a hundred invested.

Just use a dremel to clearance the pivot on the mirror a teeny bit.

It was one of the first things I did on my 72. :coffee2:

Just use a dremel to clearance the pivot on the mirror a teeny bit.

It was one of the first things I did on my 72. :coffee2:

wasn`t there some bigger mopar cars that had a long cable pass side remote mirror? seems like an ex brother in law had a 68 fury three w/ a cable mirror adjustment on the dash to the right of the steering wheel, where the driver could reach it. seems that way, his car was fully optioned out, w/ a 4 speed too! and , believe it or not, was pretty darn fast back then ! ?????????????

wasn`t there some bigger mopar cars that had a long cable pass side remote mirror? seems like an ex brother in law had a 68 fury three w/ a cable mirror adjustment on the dash to the right of the steering wheel, where the driver could reach it. seems that way, his car was fully optioned out, w/ a 4 speed too! and , believe it or not, was pretty darn fast back then ! ?????????????

I have heard of those mirrors, my 72 came with a manual passenger sideview, so I adjusted it to work better.

Yea- the passenger mirror on early- up to 70 any way was for the passenger when installed from factory--- not driver

There were 2 different locations used. The late 60's had it closer to the wing window and 70 and up they moved it back to just past the door glass beginning. I'm not sure which years they started the change. I just put it in the same spot as my DS mirror on my valiant.

Pass side mirror on Dads 67 functions like **** but looks beautiful lol

I may have an extra one. It ain't in the best of shape but it'll be cheap...u pay shipping

Early A placement is critical. It is more for looks than function.

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 014 (2).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 316
  • 100_6001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 325
Do they make any passenger side mirrors with convex glass? You know the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" deal? My D100 has a passenger side mirror but it's nearly useless because everything looks huge in it. Hard to tell if a car is right on my *** or a couple car lengths back so I just look over my shoulder and ignore the mirror. Can't imagine trying to use one on an A body when the mirror glass is about twice as small.

Pass side mirror on Dads 67 functions like **** but looks beautiful lol

I may have an extra one. It ain't in the best of shape but it'll be cheap...u pay shipping

If you've got a spare in that style. I'm interested. Have a pic?

Thanks,
Jerry

I bought a right hand remote from Slant 6 Dan a while back. They came on right hand drive cars for import.

Lemme dig thru the stash on the weekend. I found a drivers side remote, but rough shape.

Cool. Let me know what you find. My driver side one is just fine. Just kinda of used to having two mirrors nowadays.

-Jerry

-
Back