Passon 4 speed OD reviews wanted

-

Relax360

Reaction score
Hey guys. Anyone with a passon 4 speed OD. Wanted your thoughts...

I might put it in an E body 440 with 28 inch tall tires and either 3.73 or 3.91 gears.

anyone with one would love to hear how you like it.

Brad

I don't have a Passon
But in regards to small blocks and 5-speeds, this is a match made in heaven.

I can't speak to BBs but it seems to me they would have enough torque to not need much help from a low starter gear, and so as big a rear gear as a sbm needs is probably just gonna go up in smoke.If that were true, then the overdrive would put the cruise rpm down too low for most street cams.
Check out the line under my avatar
It shows the 833 ratios with a deep low. On the street, this might be ideal for a 3.23 rear, and a BB.Your starter gear would be 9.98, and your cruise gear would be 3.23;making 65mph, at under 2520Rs. And third gear will get you 120 at 6500. So this hits all the bases; starter, cruiser,and trap gear.The only base it misses is hammer down at 30 mph;you will have to use first gear. 30 mph with 28s is 3593. And that ain't too bad. You will need decent rubber out back.
If you are going racing, and want a 4-gear quarter, well then the 5 speed would have an advantage.and
If you are stuck with a 2.66 low, then 3.73s might be the minimum to get off the line, but this gear is all wrong for racing.
Happy decision making...
I know you were asking for reviews, so perhaps your mind is already made up, and so I apologize for wasting your time.

Not a waste at all. I actually run a 5 speed in my B body but I don't want to cut my factory U code cuda floor so I was thinking a Passon 5 speed which I am on the list for bit was thinking one of his 4 speed OD in the mean time. So was looking for what people thought of his HemI 4 speed OD box

I love the idea but have not heard a thing about one.

I ain't sure anybody has one. Ain't seen nobody say they do yet.

I have considered it buy they only come as 18 spline. I would have to replace clutch at same time and I have a brand new clutch already so I will wait. I did read a thread on the passon od before and everyone seemed to like it. I have considered the gear vendors overdrive as well.

Hoping someone with real world experience on this transmission turns up. I like my o/d 833, except the gear spread. The passon od unit is supposed to fix that. But i want to hear some good things from actual users before i take the plunge.

talked to an OD owner thought I would share info. He has one in a 68 GTX 3.23 gear. He likes except in traffic says he wanted another gear between 2nd and 3rd. Otherwise he is happy with the OD while cruising. the drop between 1st to 2nd is 41% 2nd to 3rd is 38% Personally I think 3.23 gears with tall tires is not an ideal combination with this trans but I could be wrong.

-
Back