Pat Garlits passes

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
got this off yb

Dear Friends,
My dear wife of nearly 61 years left this world and went over to the other
side at 5:53 PM, this afternoon. She has been suffering a lot these last few...
days and it was a Blessing to see God take her into His care. I will miss
her very badly, but will be with her sooner than I realize, as time is very
different here that over there. She passed at home with her two Daughters at
her side and me holding her hand and a little Yorkie dog on each side of
her. She went without making a sound and this house is going to be very
quiet for a while. I had "Glenn Miller" playing in the background, as that
was her favorite "Big Band". I will let everyone know what the Arrangements
will be when I know myself. Thanks for all the Prayers and support through
this terrible ordeal.
Sincerely,
Don Garlits

CEO
Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing Inc.
13700 SW 16th Ave.
Ocala, FL 34473

So Sorry. How many couples can say they've stayed together that long these days?

Oh how sad. I knew she hadn't been doing well.

got this off yb

Dear Friends,
My dear wife of nearly 61 years left this world and went over to the other
side at 5:53 PM, this afternoon. She has been suffering a lot these last few...
days and it was a Blessing to see God take her into His care. I will miss
her very badly, but will be with her sooner than I realize, as time is very
different here that over there. She passed at home with her two Daughters at
her side and me holding her hand and a little Yorkie dog on each side of
her. She went without making a sound and this house is going to be very
quiet for a while. I had "Glenn Miller" playing in the background, as that
was her favorite "Big Band". I will let everyone know what the Arrangements
will be when I know myself. Thanks for all the Prayers and support through
this terrible ordeal.
Sincerely,
Don Garlits

CEO
Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing Inc.
13700 SW 16th Ave.
Ocala, FL 34473
My thoughts & prayers are with you Don

Thoughts and prayers to Don and his family.

She was by his side every step of the way.

Attachments

• dgpat.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 385
Very sad indeed! Wow 61 years, amazing!!!! I only wish I could have said that someday.
I only hope he stays busy in life with her passing.. My condolences to the Garlits family!!!!

Thanks for the picture Toolman!

Very touching thoughts from Don Garlits. To let her go must have been hard but she is in a better place. I had heard she wasn't doing well a while back.

Met them both at the Indy Cylinder swap meet several years ago. She was sitting at the table with him. Had him sigh a tee shirt I had bought at his museum several years before

Our condolences to the family, may she rest in peace

Our thoughts and prayers out to you Don, and the whole Garlits family. May she RIP alway's! :prayer::prayer:

NOOOOOO!!!!!! This saddens me. ;(
I met her in Englishtown many years ago. Don wasn't there but she welcomed me in the trailer and I had a great conversation with her. Total class and lovely.

RIP!!!

God speed to the Garlits family... off to the big race track in the sky....God bless the family here watching her go.

VERY sad day in racing, I'm sure, very well known for what Don had done of the years.

Sad news.
What a class act Mr.Garlits and his family is to give her such a great send off.
R.I.P.

rip pat,prayers go out to don and family,she will be missed,not many couples in this day are married 61 years,and a lot ofr people don't even make it to 61 years of age,truly a good marrige

she was a sweetheart I took pat fogel up there to work one time and she was really nice to my son steven...really seemed to like him

Condolences and RIP. Younger people should take note.

Oh my, Prayers sent your way Don, I had no idea she was having health problems
Like Wagg's said she was a sweet lady and made a mean BB&J sandwich and gave here time to the needy many times down in the Plant City area.. RIP Pat and thank you for standing by your man for so many years, sending out my condolences to the many family members and friends and strength to Big Daddy Don Garlits this morning.

My condolences to the Garlits family. Never met her but she seemed like a great person. Hope my marriage lasts half that long.

Oh my, Prayers sent your way Don, I had no idea she was having health problems
Like Wagg's said she was a sweet lady and made a mean BB&J sandwich and gave here time to the needy many times down in the Plant City area.. RIP Pat and thank you for standing by your man for so many years, sending out my condolences to the many family members and friends and strength to Big Daddy Don Garlits this morning.

It also says alot for Don's character that he stuck with her all the way to the end. Was there when she took her last breath, and played her favorite music when she left --> That's dedication and loyalty showing how good of a guy Don is. You don't see that very often now days.

Both great people that society should learn from and strive to be like. Role Models. :prayer:

-
Back