paypal

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
rant.
I have used paypal to buy parts for years, seldom sell anything. No telling how many $$$ I have used thru damn Paypal. Well, its time to sell off all my tack and saddles. I sold off about $1000 worth of bridles, bits, etc. and have another few thousand $worth of saddles et to go. No problemuntil......
I had a lady wanting a certain bridle. Used, good shape, needs some soap and/or oil which I stated. $50 plus I charged her $10 to ship. Cost me $13. A damned $50 used bridle, that costs about $250 to replace new. She gets it and never contacted me, files a grievance with paypal. Wants a refund.
I tell paypal the item was exactly as described. They answer nothing.
I end up refunding her $60 and I got the bridle back. Then paypal charges ME $15 for the whole deal.Their service charge I assume.
I have 4 saddles to sell plus tons more tack.
It will cost me $60 to ship a 50 pound saddle.
The "lady" obviously is an idiot and IF she could not make her horse do as she wished, then its the fault of my bridle and bit!!!! lol If I sell a saddle to another idiot, if they figure they don't like how it sits, the color, the way it fit their horse, etc. then all they have to do is fill a "complaint". Bits don't train horses, YOU do.
Its like you guy a 1/2 inch closed end wrench off where ever, and you can't rebuild your engine, then its the seller fault that mis represented the damn wrench!!!!
Screw PAYPAL!!!! :rofl::realcrazy::wtf:

Was the sale made through fleaBay?

If it was, usually they are pretty good about protecting the buyer AND the seller. I sold a brand new control board from a fridge, the buyer said it didn't work and returned it. When I received it, it was damaged (I think he sent back his used part), and fleaBay refunded both myself and the buyer.

Was the sale made through fleaBay?

If it was, usually they are pretty good about protecting the buyer AND the seller. I sold a brand new control board from a fridge, the buyer said it didn't work and returned it. When I received it, it was damaged (I think he sent back his used part), and fleaBay refunded both myself and the buyer.
NO FEEBAY. Sold thru a site of FB that caters to such saddles, tack.

Last time I sold a car part thru FeeBay was maybe 25 years ago!!! I had really good 68-9 Charger front bumper. I advertised it as straight, rust free for $75. Good for driver or core. That is what the bumper rechrome guys give for any one at Mopar Nats.
A "lady" from Canada buys it. $75. Cost I forget exactly but maybe $70 to ship it there. She gets it, all pissed off. Tells me it will cost her like $400 to have it STRAIGHTENED and another $400 to have it rechromed there in Canada. Wants her $$ back. I ask why does it need to be straightened. Says it is dinged in a little at a bumper bolt hole. REALLY????????? You can tap it twice with a hammer and it will be perfect IF indeed it is even dinged in there anyway. If it was it was mynute.
She files a complaint and etc etc etc. If I remember right, I told them to both go *************. I don't even remember IF Ebay got her $ back from me somehow....
Idiots or are they crooks??

Ebay...
I sold a 650 AVS to. Guy in Calfornia
He bent the throttle arm, beat up the box, and asked for a refund saying it was damaged in shipping. I sent a refund , got the carb back and it was missing the choke hardware. So his plan as to get the carb, strip what he wanted off it, and claim shipping damage, so he could return it.
I sent ebay pics of the carb before and after. They sided with him. Thats OK I know where he lives. Revenge is best served cold.

rant.
I have used paypal to buy parts for years, seldom sell anything. No telling how many $$$ I have used thru damn Paypal. Well, its time to sell off all my tack and saddles. I sold off about $1000 worth of bridles, bits, etc. and have another few thousand $worth of saddles et to go. No problemuntil......
I had a lady wanting a certain bridle. Used, good shape, needs some soap and/or oil which I stated. $50 plus I charged her $10 to ship. Cost me $13. A damned $50 used bridle, that costs about $250 to replace new. She gets it and never contacted me, files a grievance with paypal. Wants a refund.
I end up refunding her $60 and I got the bridle back. Then paypal charges ME $15 for the whole deal.Their service charge I assume.
The "lady" obviously is an idiot and IF she could not make her horse do as she wished, then its the fault of my bridle and bit!!!! lol If I sell a saddle to another idiot, if they figure they don't like how it sits, the color, the way it fit their horse, etc. then all they have to do is fill a "complaint". Bits don't train horses, YOU do.
Its like you guy a 1/2 inch closed end wrench off where ever, and you can't rebuild your engine, then its the seller fault that mis represented the damn wrench!!!!
Is there a good website for buying cars? I've been dealing with folks who don't respond to their ads or what they have is not what they listed

Is there a good website for buying cars? I've been dealing with folks who don't respond to their ads or what they have is not what they listed
^^^ Scammers?????
I want to talk to the MAN if I am buying or selling!!!!!!NO damn texts other than the initial inquiry..

If you run on an on FB Marketplace (CL is dead) you will get 100 nothing messages and maybe 1 of any real interest of a for real buyer.

I have had many old Mopars over the decades. I want to thin the herd and I have a couple of 64 B cars for sale. Anyway, little activity on FBBO. There are the FB Mopar sites that are pretty active and have a lot of yap yap.
My latest *****. There is a guy in Fl. (supposedly) wanting my 64 Savoy project. He has messaged me several times. Last Fri. we come to an agreement I PM him back on FB agreeing, now he has turned off is message deal there. Scammer??????? Dunno Ha
Its 104 degrees and my patience is wearing thin!!!!!

^^^ Scammers?????
I want to talk to the MAN if I am buying or selling!!!!!!NO damn texts other than the initial inquiry..

If you run on an on FB Marketplace (CL is dead) you will get 100 nothing messages and maybe 1 of any real interest of a for real buyer.

I have had many old Mopars over the decades. I want to thin the herd and I have a couple of 64 B cars for sale. Anyway, little activity on FBBO. There are the FB Mopar sites that are pretty active and have a lot of yap yap.
My latest *****. There is a guy in Fl. (supposedly) wanting my 64 Savoy project. He has messaged me several times. Last Fri. we come to an agreement I PM him back on FB agreeing, now he has turned off is message deal there. Scammer??????? Dunno Ha
Total BS. Screw those jerks

^^^ Scammers?????

I hear that

rant.

paypal actually sucks , dont use them anymore , due to a scammer that bought my headers and wanted his money back , but wouldnt send the headers back , I even offered him a full refund and to pay half of the shipping back , which was his responsibility . He got a sh-- storm started on fbbo , you should have seen the guys on that forum jump on his band wagon , when they didnt even have a clue .---no paypal for me anymore !!

Nothing beats looking someone in the eye, shaking their hand, and dealing with cold hard cash. Second best to that is talking to them on the phone so you can hear their voice and make the deal in real time.

Electronic payments weren't this bad in the past, but I think things got a lot worse when people realized they could scam the system.

Paypal pissed me off. It was just a $50 item, I just got it back. Just cost me the shipping of$12 plus the $15 fee damn paypal charged ME and I did nothing wrong!!!
IF it had been something that cost me $50 to ship, I would really be pissed off!!!

I ain't friggin WalMart...I don't give refunds!!!!!! Especially to some damn idiot!!! Thats me take on it!!

I sure don't know what the answer is. I've heard bad about PayPal but still use it some. I don't like egag, either. My understanding is that egag has now sorta separated themselves from PayPal to some degree.

The issue is "what else" do you do? There are scammers of all types everywhere. I occasionally look for stuff on the "I hate it" marketpharce and last night these same 2 or 3 photos of a Ford tractor kept popping up--different places, different user names, obviously same photo and price--WAY underpriced. So you report it. Do the "fact checkers" do anything? Nope.

Here's one of them

fake.jpg

I have my own business and have been working with PayPal and the credit card companies for about 20 years now. I can tell you one thing, PayPal is BY FAR the best payment provider for a seller. If you had taken a credit card, and the lady put a chargeback on you, you would have lost the chargeback, and she would have most probably not had to return the product. The credit card would also of charged you the $15 fee, plus you would most probably have lost the product. When we get questionable credit card transactions on our website, we refund them and tell people to pay with PayPal, that is how big the difference is. If you ship something with PayPal, as long as you have a tracking number that shows delivered to the buyers address (over $750 signature required), you are golden. You can send a credit card order to the credit card holders billing address, have it received there, and have it signed for, and you will AT LEAST half the time loose the chargeback, I would say 80% plus, and you will not get your product back...

The lady buyer returned my item, cost me the shipping PP charged me $1 for what>>>> and NOW when I advertise on there I state NO returns.... I am not WalMart. Works for me.

I have sold hundreds and hundreds of items on eBay, they generally side with the buyer in a dispute. I have been screwed by buyers in more ways than you can shake a stick at… it’s just a cost of doing business unfortunately

^^^^^^I quit selling anything on feebay decades ago. Screw them. I will buy there IF it is priced fair. Way too much BS on there even for anything at all.
FB marketplace is starting to get took over by scammers, Beware.

To many issues with paypal using goods and services. Paypal friends and family or postal money order only. If someone has an issue with the product I tell them to send it back and when I get it and its all good I refund there money. Sad that its come to this but been scammed a few times, not anymore. To be honest I tell people up front and 99.9% are good with it. If not sorry go somewhere else.

The worst is when they do a charge back with goods and services, You loose the money and the product.

I have sold hundreds and hundreds of items on eBay, they generally side with the buyer in a dispute. I have been screwed by buyers in more ways than you can shake a stick at… it’s just a cost of doing business unfortunately
Yes, in a dispute for "not as described" or something of the sort, they will most often side with the buyer, but they will make them return the product back to you. When taking credit cards with your own merchant account, the credit card will 99.9% of the time side with the buyer, and most times they get to keep the product. I know it sucks when you loose your shipping charges and get charged $15 for the resolution fee, but compared to the credit card companies, it is a total win to at least get your product back. I can tell you one thing, knowing what I know, I could buy anything I wanted with a credit card, and not have to pay for it. Easiest way is to just ship it to a friends house and then just claim you do not recognize the charge. The seller will loose this dispute 100% of time, it is impossible to win with a credit card. We have had this happen to us numerous times. With PayPal you will never loose this one, in fact you will never loose a case because of alleged fraud. You delivered it to the shipping address, they cover you. You will loose 99.9% of alleged fraud cases with a credit card, or not received cases (even if you have a tracking number that shows delivered). I do not recall having ever won a fraud case with a credit card, even when the product was delivered to the credit cards billing address and was signed for. Can't recall what the customer claimed, but we lost it...

Last edited:
PayPal sucks, they locked my account saying I was hacked, by me. They wanted me to tie my checking to them, I’ve had it before they required it.

PayPal sucks!

PalPal changes their fine print in their contrat about every three month. I admit I never read it.
Yesterday I posted 2 bridles on a good site in FB. I explained my items are described accurately and I am NOT WALMART. I do not do returns. Today, I will see IF I have any interest. People like the idea of always being able to return STUFF!!????
Novice that is an idiot that has NO knowledge or ability will buy a bit and expect it to train their horse, just like a novice idiot will buy a wrench and expect it to fix their car!!!!!! If it does not work... we want our few $$$ BACK!!!!

Yes, in a dispute for "not as described" or something of the sort, they will most often side with the buyer, but they will make them return the product back to you. When taking credit cards with your own merchant account, the credit card will 99.9% of the time side with the buyer, and most times they get to keep the product. I know it sucks when you loose your shipping charges and get charged $15 for the resolution fee, but compared to the credit card companies, it is a total win to at least get your product back. I can tell you one thing, knowing what I know, I could buy anything I wanted with a credit card, and not have to pay for it. Easiest way is to just ship it to a friends house and then just claim you do not recognize the charge. The seller will loose this dispute 100% of time, it is impossible to win with a credit card. We have had this happen to us numerous times. With PayPal you will never loose this one, in fact you will never loose a case because of alleged fraud. You delivered it to the shipping address, they cover you. You will loose 99.9% of alleged fraud cases with a credit card, or not received cases (even if you have a tracking number that shows delivered). I do not recall having ever won a fraud case with a credit card, even when the product was delivered to the credit cards billing address and was signed for. Can't recall what the customer claimed, but we lost it...
Are you a representative of pay pal?

PayPal sucks, they locked my account saying I was hacked, by me. They wanted me to tie my checking to them, I’ve had it before they required it.

PayPal sucks!
I had this happen recently. “Report immediately if this was not you”
…then you can’t actually talk to anyone. PayPal was supposed to review the activity and issue a determination within 10 days. Never happened.

Pretty soon, we are going to be stuck accepting personal checks and waiting 10 days to ship for the check to clear.

Pretty soon, we are going to be stuck accepting personal checks and waiting 10 days to ship for the check to clear.
I've never had an issue with that. I've had several buyers send me personal checks in the past. Not one of those sales ever went bad.

I've never had an issue with that. I've had several buyers send me personal checks in the past. Not one of those sales ever went bad.
You probably are better protected with a personal check. As most of you know, if you mail a bad check to someone, it becomes a federal crime since you used the post office.

-
Back