PCV Port

-
Me too!!! I really have no other ideas other than to drill out one of the other holes and mount on the other side leaving this side as the fuel filler only hole.

This is why I should stick to fixing teeth and not cars :rofl:
Nah, that's how we learn, of course I wouldn't be capping my own teeth either. Lol

Me too!!! I really have no other ideas other than to drill out one of the other holes and mount on the other side leaving this side as the fuel filler only hole.

good luck,

I'd drill/tap those and then epoxy in a short stud of all thread. Once you tighten the nuts onto them to secure the baffle use a punch to swage the end of the stud to prevent the nut ever coming off.

I'd also put a fiberglass or aluminum washer under the nut. The idea being to keep heat from putting tension on the threaded joint and working the screw or stud out of the hole from heat cycling.

You could maybe build it back up with some of that aluminum brazing rod (remember the guy who demo's it by brazing two aluminum cans together), then drill and tap?

You could maybe build it back up with some of that aluminum brazing rod (remember the guy who demo's it by brazing two aluminum cans together), then drill and tap?

Should have bought a torch and brazing rods! Then I could mess with my stock manifold sitting on the bench too!

20191226_172917.jpg

Dental - remember that the important place to have the baffle is under the PCY. You can do without it on the other side with the breather/oil fill since theoretically on that side air is moving in to the engine not out. I presume there are a set of the bosses for the baffle on both valve covers? Next time tap the threads in the boss before you put the screws in. Then just remember not to top off the oil when the engine is running or the rocker under the fill might sling oil out the opening.

Just a side question, is that fuel line copper and why is it running next to the header?

It's where the line has always run, so when I assembled everything back up I put it in the spot it was already at.

This is great thank you.
You're welcome. Probably a dollar short and an hour late but just to show that sometimes waiting for the correct part saves you the time you thought you were going to save and besides the price for these MP covers is no joke. YouTube is your friend lol. Just my opinion.

Alrighty! Finished update. Baffles installed on both covers, even though I was told both sides aren't needed just where the pcv is. Also got a new temporary pcv breather valve- so now the car has a new pcv valve and regular breather valve.

Future update plans scott drake twist on grommets ordered and different (better looking?) Push in breather and pcv valve ordered. That way it's done "properly" as long as they fit... lol

20200406_170333.jpg

-
Back