Pellet grill and smoker.

-
I have Pit boss 700FB which is perfect size for me. In fact I have bought 8 of these and gave away to my kids, sister and friends. Everyone of us said they will never use anything else. I like the Competition blend pellets, Joe
Yes!

I sold my stainless steel Webber BBQ due to not using anymore, the Pitboss totally replaced it. I love the Pitboss charcoal pellets.

When I bought mine I had an Egg, Weber and another almost new charcoal grill. My brother asked me how I liked the Pit Boss and I told him it was the only one I will ever use and he could have his choice of the others. I gave the egg and Weber away. Now my brother has moved up to Pit Boss. My friend had a Traeger but I liked the Pit Boss better because of the way the plate under the grates were made that drained the grease to the outside into bucket, Joe

When I bought mine I had an Egg, Weber and another almost new charcoal grill. My brother asked me how I liked the Pit Boss and I told him it was the only one I will ever use and he could have his choice of the others. I gave the egg and Weber away. Now my brother has moved up to Pit Boss. My friend had a Traeger but I liked the Pit Boss better because of the way the plate under the grates were made that drained the grease to the outside into bucket, Joe
Like a Mopar, well engineered!

Did a “Wagyu” tri tip tonight.

DB417CE1-CD2A-49C8-8B60-965D4E061522.jpeg

CC9BE388-DA57-41E4-9FC9-C8B47F7BE3AD.jpeg

8B4A71F6-00E6-4615-8025-E28A6FEEA395.jpeg

84291175-AC29-4DF8-A3F8-E5EB67B14F68.jpeg

We have a Pit Boss KC combo. Picked up at Wally world back in September. It's run flawlessly. I have around 200lbs of pellets through it so far. Just did a 4lbs corned beef. Pit boss pellets seem to be decent. I think Bear Mountain brand are my favorite so far though

20220315_144442.jpg

20220315_144850.jpg

Wow Man! That Looks KILLER!!!!!!! we don't even buy steak. Even Publix has crap, tough *** meat these days..

This came from a international market type of store with a meat counter. They have all sorts of odd cuts and meats. Most of the time I try to buy my protein from butchers though.

This came from a international market type of store with a meat counter. They have all sorts of odd cuts and meats. Most of the time I try to buy my protein from butchers though.
We have a Family Owned meat market we go to. Been in Business over 50 years.... they are Great!

Last edited:
That looks like an awesome brisket!

I am very critical of my own cooks so I’m not super happy with this one. The flat could have stayed on another 30 minutes or more. Point was perfect though. Brisket is the king of BBQ in my opinion and it’s a tricky cut to figure out.

I am very critical of my own cooks so I’m not super happy with this one. The flat could have stayed on another 30 minutes or more. Point was perfect though. Brisket is the king of BBQ in my opinion and it’s a tricky cut to figure out.
I split them and finish them at different times.
brisket6.jpg

I have achieved nice results pulling brisket at 205, rather than my prior 195. Looking forward to doing one in the next few days! Seeing this post has me itching to smoke one!

-
Back