people amaze me

-
I was gonna say "Son, you ain't wired right". But, upon reflection, yep, you are absolutely right.

Nikki is in LA for the Faith No More show so all I have is Bacon and the big bowl of cheesy potatoes that she made before she left....and the big dish of manicotti....mmmmmm food good!

So you're not gonna thaw one out for him? Fine....
Wait, what was the original reason for this thread?

It's been a couple years ago but a member on here (I don't see him much now) told me his buddy has 13 340s in his basement..... entire motors! He isn't aloud to give location or info but I wasn't interested in a 340 anyways. I was however blown away at the time. He told me about it over the phone...... he seemed like a straight up guy.

i listed a 340 block for sale and people think that i am going to sell it for 100 or $200 come on its a 340 wouldn't you be a little offended by that i could see if it was a 318 or a 360 that you can find in any junk yard. I seen a block on ebay that had a cylinder sleeved and it was bid over a thousand dollars before i stopped watching it. If i offered them 500 for their car because i didn't have a motor would they be as offended? when you got into mopars was ANYTHING about them cheap.

enough ranting hope i didn't offend anyone just tired of cheap people8)

You are asking a premium price for something that is only scrap cast iron without documentation.

You want $500, go get it tanked and checked with a receipt that it is good.

Until then……. It's worth $100-$200 because thats all I would gamble.

I may even pay more than $500 for a 340 block with documentation showing it's condition.

you think 340s are nothing special you must not know very much about mopars at all the only time a 360 was even close to a 340 was in 73 when they lowered the compression.you know why people buy 360s they can't afford a 340. that is why i was selling it because the parts are not as cheap. when you get a 360 first thing you have to do is put in pistons because the dish ones i came out of the factory with give you like 8.8to 1 comp can you find me another 340 block for that money because if they are good blocks laying around for 1 or 200 dollars they need to be bought and used
once again not trying to offend anyone

i know plenty about mopars. been around them a long time. back in the day before they were making off the shelf pistons for a 360 then ok a 340 would have been better. these days you can get cheap off the shelf pistons in just about any compression ratio you want plus 20 extra cubes right off the bat. i have had 4 or 5 340's over the years. infact i just sold two of them earlier this year. i have no time for those things, like i said nothing special. they are good for me because i can pick them up on th echeaper side and make some money on them when i sell them. :)

I bought a 340 last month for $200. There is still 3 more left at that price, might have to get the rest of them.

I plan on selling the 340 in my dart to someone like the OP who thinks they are gold, and use the money to help stroke the 360 on my engine stand!!

I plan on selling the 340 in my dart to someone like the OP who thinks they are gold, and use the money to help stroke the 360 on my engine stand!!

That's gonna be one fast engine stand. Bet it'll make bacon real quick.

I'm not typically enamored by 340, myself. I have nothing against them, but I see no reason, other than collectivity to prefer a 340 over a 360, unless, of course, you're building a 340 car or cloning one.
I'm not saying their not desirable by a certain faction, I'm merely pointing out that, to me, 340's have no intrinsic value over another MoPar small block.

Personally, of all the MoPar "A" blocks I prefer the 273 HiPo. Of the "B" blocks I'd go for the 383, of the "RB's" I like the 440, and of the Hemis, I like the 392.

I realize that some of these are the top performers in their designated classes, but for me, this issue is my preference. I'm sure many of you will disagree, and have your own favorites, and that's how it should be.
I hope you get your asking price on that 340, Superbee.

I'm not typically enamored by 340, myself. I have nothing against them, but I see no reason, other than collectivity to prefer a 340 over a 360, unless, of course, you're building a 340 car or cloning one.
I'm not saying their not desirable by a certain faction, I'm merely pointing out that, to me, 340's have no intrinsic value over another MoPar small block.

Personally, of all the MoPar "A" blocks I prefer the 273 HiPo. Of the "B" blocks I'd go for the 383, of the "RB's" I like the 440, and of the Hemis, I like the 392.

I realize that some of these are the top performers in their designated classes, but for me, this issue is my preference. I'm sure many of you will disagree, and have your own favorites, and that's how it should be.
I hope you get your asking price on that 340, Superbee.

I like the 340, not because it's a 340, as much as it has a larger bore for building a bigger stroker motor.
It's kinda like in the Chevy camp, I like a 327 over a 350, because I feel it's a way fiestier (loves to rev) powerplant.

of the two pre roller LA engines the 340 is slightly better than the 360 due to the larger bore and smaller main size. So for the extra couple hundred for the 340 i'll take it every time over the 360 for a stroker build, if its for a stock stroke i would lean towards a 360, and if its for an original 340 car i would pay the extra couple hundred for the 340.

of the two pre roller LA engines the 340 is slightly better than the 360 due to the larger bore and smaller main size. So for the extra couple hundred for the 340 i'll take it every time over the 360 for a stroker build, if its for a stock stroke i would lean towards a 360, and if its for an original 340 car i would pay the extra couple hundred for the 340.
Mmmmmm. I'll go along with that!
slab-smoked-bacon_~PAA038000081.jpg

I sir, bow to your awesomeness.
Either that or I just had a heart attack.

lol, it's one of those things that you make once and then swear that you will never do it again.

What? Like the morning after an all nighter with Jack?

no no no That you can do again and again. The bacon/pig log thing makes you sick to your stomach and makes you not want bacon for a week.

-
Back