People sure are kind of stand-offish here....

-

TylerW

Reaction score
I like this board...it is a wealth of info...

But, I've just noticed that people don't seem to want to interact with people off the internet.

There are a few people around my area that have Mopars and come on here, but they haven't shown the slightest inclination to hang out in real life or anything:-|

We were at a car show and nobody introduced themselves or anything, not even afterwards when I posted my brother's car up on here.

I don't know, it just seems like people want to show off their own stuff and have little interest in other people anymore.

I know it goes both ways, but crap, I'm not going to approach people when they seem totally disinterested.

I don't know about that Tyler. I've met some FABO members from my area and they all are great people. We don't really hang out because everybody's busy, but in the time I've spent with them they are all very nice. If I see them at a show or a cruise-in around here you can bet we'll hang out and talk A bodies though!!! Maybe you should move to my area???LOL!!! Just kidding, I'd hang with you and talk Mopars if I were to meet you...maybe at the Nats!!! I've met some members there too, all great people again!!! Look me up if you're going, we'll hang out and check out some cars and stuff!! I'll be wearing my FABO shirt!!! geof

There are several of us FABO people here in the Winnipeg area. We've gotten together a few times since I've been here. We've helped each other out & hung together at shows. All the FABO members I've met online & in person are great.

Just today I hungout with some members at a show,maybe you should approach these members and strike up a conversation.They might not know your a member,just from a pic of your brothers car.

I get what you're saying, Keep trying. Give yourself a reality check on your personality...if you're a positive person, more likely people will want to be around you. Here's something I learned years ago selling stuff door-to-door, you don't let the ones who close the door in your face bother you, just look for the one person who wants to talk to you.

I'm not in this to make friends or meet people. I'm in it to have fun with what I like doing. If I meet new friends along the way.....which I have and a few from this site, then great. If not, no big deal. I don't see how a member with so low a post count can make snap judgements like that. Tony Fields just recently did the Hot Rod Power Tour. I had lunch with him and his wife in Macon, Georgia. I live about 25 miles out of Macon. Tony lives in Indiana. He visited with several FABO members on the way to Florida and then back to Detroit. Standoffish? Many members have been sick or down on their luck, unemployed, what have you. This site has rallied together and raised literally thousands of dollars to help them out. Standoffish? Ask memike what the site did for him. He got ripped off trying to buy a car and the whole site came together and bought him one. Standoffish? Of all the words I would have chosen to describe FABO, that is the absolute LAST one I would have thought of.

he's more than likely talking about people in his area.... they my also be members here on this board....or just the first part.

That's what it seems to me like he's saying, the people who live in his area have been stand-offish, not the whole FABO community.

I have only met three members in person. I can honestly say that all of them were great people. As for the ones I have yet to meet, only time will tell but through conversations with many, there are a ton of nice genuine people out here who if offered would give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it.

Maybe he is talking about those E Body guys. LOL. Just today I hung out with a couple of mopar guys. One of them is a member on here.

I have yet to meet any members face to face, but have been invited to come and stay with a member when I was in his area. I agree with Stroker above, I'm almost 50 years old, I have all the friends that I need.

Just today I hungout with some members at a show,maybe you should approach these members and strike up a conversation.They might not know your a member,just from a pic of your brothers car.

Exspecialy At A Steak Dinner Without Any Steaks. Is That Going To Be A Tradition. Ah Scott And All The Other Crew.

I can top that Tyler...
A couple years ago I went to a local cruise in with my son's Pontiac. We had just finished it after a 5 year restore. The president & secretary of our local Mopar club were there with their rides, so I parked in the next row facing them. They were sitting in lawn chairs talking to each other. I parked and went over a chatted a few minutes with them (I am a member). Neither of them would walk the 20 feet over to look at our car!:wack: I was damn glad my son wasn't with me that evening.

As for the FABO folks I've met, they have all been great folks. Most all of them are ready to help if they can. While we don't "hang out", I consider them all friends.
C

I have yet to meet any members face to face, but have been invited to come and stay with a member when I was in his area. I agree with Stroker above, I'm almost 50 years old, I have all the friends that I need.

I can relate to this post by BrianT.
Most of the time I am wishing people would quit talking so dang much.
I have noticed over the years that younger people like to communicate over chat and club sites a lot more than us old farts.
Also, it seems that the older some people get the more they realize there are not that many people worth knowing, or are just WAY to needy.](*,)
People that seem to need to fill every freakin second of the day with words drive me crazy. (Especially when it's trivial BS)
My wife does this when she has had a drink or two.(blah, blah, blah, blah)
on and on about her friend that I can't stand, my brothers dog, the plant in that pot that seems to be doing better now that it's under the tree and crap like that.
I'm sure it's just me mostly but I find myself thinking "PLEASE just SHUT UP!"
What an antisocial bastard huh?

This site has brought new people into my life... Just last week:happy7: I spent 5 hours with a member from Texas, Dusterforever and I enjoyed lunch and a short road trip to our old salvage yard, then again on Wednesday night when he showed up where I was playing APA pool league for a couple cold mugs. I have yet to meet a standoffish member If I did I don't know him or her, everyone that signed the trailer I have met plus more :eek:ccasion:
But I have been told that I never meet a stranger by my family :toothy7:
My grandmother would make couch pillows and at the age of 6 to 10 years old I would walk up to a door to a strangers house and sell them back in the day, I like making people smile:blackeye: and I have been blest to be able to jump in here and help our members at times, and I am blest many times over buy members all around the world here that sent me a cool daily driver that I love and keep updating :love4:. I want to make everyone proud of me and myself to, so I keep everyone updated on here, even if I just get shot by a flying 22 casing that was in a fire :toothy7:
Here is a word that my uncle would say to me, Mike Are you going out umungstem tonight son :love4::toothy7: I guess I have met well over 30 members and I liv in the northeast corner of no where in Arkansas, I have plans to go to Indiana Monster Mopar to meet even more members. Yes I have a life now :love4: and I have the folks here to thank for it. and my older brother that talked me into learning how to use a computer about 4 1/2 years ago.

Does this look like standoffish folks to you ? I have many memories I could share in this thread :shaking2:
I hope you can enjoy even just half the great times I have had because of the folks here.

Attachments

• Nella%20Friends%20FABO%20072.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 081.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 088.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Bill%2527s%2520new%2520trailor.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 212
  • i6353.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Tim%20Morlin%20Visit%207%2022%202010%20028.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 219
  • Picture%20090.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Picture%20048.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Picture%20142.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 66%20A%20CUDA%20REAR%20END%20015.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 212
Well (A)... I want to hang out with memike and his friends, especially those two!!!LOL!!! And (B)... I want to be on Bill's "Wall of Fame"!!! If you're going to Monster Mopar Weekend, I'm going to bring Nella for some "weekend" fun...FABO style!!! Why don't you come to MMW Tyler, and see what FABO members are really like??? Geof

Well (A)... I want to hang out with memike and his friends, especially those two!!!LOL!!! And (B)... I want to be on Bill's "Wall of Fame"!!! If you're going to Monster Mopar Weekend, I'm going to bring Nella for some "weekend" fun...FABO style!!! Why don't you come to MMW Tyler, and see what FABO members are really like??? Geof

:shaking2::shaking2: This is some great news Geog :shaking2::shaking2:
Tony is going to let me stay with him :eek:ccasion:, and even said I could drive all of his cars :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion: I can't wait to finely meet my valentine little sister :shaking2::shaking2::shaking2:

But, I've just noticed that people don't seem to want to interact with people off the internet.

There are a few people around my area that have Mopars and come on here, but they haven't shown the slightest inclination to hang out in real life or anything:-|

We were at a car show and nobody introduced themselves or anything, not even afterwards when I posted my brother's car up on here.

Did you go introduce yourself to them?

I don't know, it just seems like people want to show off their own stuff and have little interest in other people anymore.

This might be the problem:

I'm not going to approach people when they seem totally disinterested.

I would say it's real difficult to tell from a distance, walk over extend a hand and introduce yourself, only then can you make that assumption.

I try to talk to every mopar guy at the shows, Sometimes I miss people and if your around and see me and I dont talk to you just talk to me. I dont really know what everyone looks like. I didnt make it to the Guntersville show this month due to family. But we are having a car show at Hardees in New Hope,Al Aug 6th from 6 to 9pm. If you wanna meet me.
BamaMoparFlyer.jpg
[/IMG]

Sometimes I bait people. Even though I know something I will ask them anyway.Like is this the correct bracket for my alternator just to break the ice. Then they come and look and feel free to talk and offer advice. Sometimes you just need to let people know its ok to approach you. In their minds they are respecting you by giving you your space. No one wants to feel as they are bothering you but most like comraderie,unless they are antisocial and in that case there are meds for that.

I know it goes both ways, but crap, I'm not going to approach people when they seem totally disinterested.

its not just this site i find that in most sites i am building a 1948 dodge coupe streetrod so also belong to a site called Morparts.com i saw a guy on there that lives in the same town as i do he was asking for help fitting a small block mopar into his 1948 plymouth so i ask if i could help being i have done it for my dodge he didn't get back to me a couple of weeks later he was back asking for help again i told him i would he glad to let him come here to see what i have done well that 6 mos ago and he never even e-mail me and told me to go *&*^% myself look at it tyhis way it there lost as well

-
Back