People think Mopar is slow??

-
Can you tell me more details on this 318? gears? cam size?stock pistons?
Sorry, I missed this post....
Ahhh, some, it was a long time ago. It had forged slugs, I can't remember who's, bowl ported 360/2.02 heads, Torquer II340/750, MP solid 284 cam...it's a bit fuzzy.
I followed the speed tips in the catalog for the 11.5 second zone, minus 6pak. To much money.
I do the same. No one has ever shown up. LMAO.
LOL, you ain't lie-ing sister!!!!

I always ask these big talkers to produce a time slip for me and the ones that talk the most seem to be"well, I used to have a car that" and other such bs. I always say, any wednesday or friday night in the season at the strip I will meet them there and we can settle it.

Yep...regardless of brand loyalty, unless the guys can produce a wad of timeslips from their glovebox/console, I just assume they are not true racers, really just tend to race their mouths. You never see these guys at the local test & tunes do ya?

how about a FABO top 10 answers to
"why didnt you use a chevy motor?"

#10 "I thought fast and cool was better than slow and boring"
and the top answer as decided by fabo members everywhere is..........
#1?????????????????????????

Ill do number 9. Im using my 350 for my boat anchor

I was out checking yard sales one morning im my 340 Swinger and some guy asked me if I had a 440 in my car. I thanked him for the compliment(that my small block sounded like a big block). At least he knew mopar engine displacements. lol

Heck lots of folks think all these old cars are slow and the new sports cars are fast. Only thing new and fast are certain motorcycles and cars that cost over $100,000

IMO

I consider my Stealth to be a mopar...sort of...and not too many people around here think it's slow lol.

-had somebody come up to me the other day and say "Steve Dumont says your car is pretty fast..."
Steve Dumont has a new 5.0 mustang with a blower on it. And he knows my car is fast :D

A Dodge was refered to as a goat long before the Pontiac GTO. The hood orniment Dodge used is what gave them the nickname....I think you need to give a construction worker a apologie.

Here is a pic of the " Goat ".....

Attachments

• IMGP8626.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 234
Hey UOP, don't waste your time on people that obviously have no idea what they're talking about!! Hey by the way thanks again for letting me borrow that lift, I've got the engine back in and running like a champ!

how about a FABO top 10 answers to
"why didnt you use a chevy motor?"

#10 "I thought fast and cool was better than slow and boring"
and the top answer as decided by fabo members everywhere is..........
#1?????????????????????????

How about "A what??"

I go to the local "cruise in" and don't get any respect. Not just because it's a Mopar, but also because it's a Mopar "A" Body. Though, last Saturday, I had some guy comment (and I don't think he knew I was the owner) "Jeez, puts a big block in a Dart, I can hardly handle the small block in my Cuda." My reply was " Yah, and a stroker on top of that.":grin:

Because 360's were smog motors... That's why.

The guys doing the looking/talking are just ignorant. What they were when they rolled out of the showroom has little to do with what they are today.
i agree with cracked,ignorant people say ignorant things.and yes most 360's were in cordoba's or vans.don't listen to them,your car is a badass little hotrod!

I go to the local "cruise in" and don't get any respect. Not just because it's a Mopar, but also because it's a Mopar "A" Body. Though, last Saturday, I had some guy comment (and I don't think he knew I was the owner) "Jeez, puts a big block in a Dart, I can hardly handle the small block in my Cuda." My reply was " Yah, and a stroker on top of that.":grin:

I like the Dart Sport! :prayer:

Got any details, pics, etc on your 360 RX?

My best friend owns a RX-7 that he's been wanting to build up or swap in a V8. I suggested a Mild 318/360 or a stock 340 :D

He liked the idea of a 340 RX-7 (after he rode in my '74 Duster) but had never heard of anyone swapping a SBM in. I told him any engine was possible with a welder, bfh, and some time.

If I have to hear "it's got a racing motor in it" again from someone talking about their car, I'm going to flip. What the crap is a racing motor? standerd rebuild? cam? WHAT?. another thing thats getting under my skin is this guy with a 641/2 mustang with a 283. he has no headers, standerd cam, and stock rockers, and he still says it will beat my dart. yeah right, when my darts done I'll let it do my talking.

And for the most part, people think that their favorite brand is some how "magical" the only brand magical is mopar. Not because it's my favorite (I've always loved chevys) but because I believe mopar has an amazing quality to. and it truly is magical.

X2 anyone?

Even before I became a true Mopar Head, I thought ANY car with ANY engine besides a 350 or 302 was imaginative! Sounds like you have some boring people down your way!

A guy I know who is a big Chevy fan asked me what engine my Fargo came with. When I said a 383, he said 'Dodge has a 383? Is that based from the Chevy 383?' ..

If I sell my Camaro I'll have a fast Mopar.My machinist knows all kinds of combo's.My best friend Roy has some quick Mopars,He has a Cuda with a Fred Brewer headed 500 Cid that runs low 5's on motor and a 496 runs in the high 5's and both are bracket cars like mine with small cams in them and the motors last,

DSCF1401-1-1.jpg

IMAG0752.jpg

I was the only one running a Mopar out of my friends in high school. My bud Jared had an 86 S-10 with a 355: Performer RPM, Lunati .480 cam, holley 750, ported heads, 10:1, 4:10 gears, TCI trans and 3000 stall converter. Cousin Brandon-81 z-28 camaro...multiple small blocks(5 exactly) (they would blow up after a few thousand miles due to not checking bearing tolerances, etc.) And a kid (last name Schmitz) with a 67 pro-street Chevelle with cage, 31x17x15's and a "pro built" 327.
Needless to say, with my 71 Swinger 318 I destroyed the Chevelle (like 10 car lengths) my cousin's camaro was never running long enough for me to even race, and my buds s10 only ran 14's due to traction problems!! None of them ever gave me any slack about the Mopar :)
As a matter of fact the S10 was no longer running after graduation and he sold it, my cuz sold his camaro and I think the kid sold his Chevelle!! I put 28,000mi of daily driving and weekends at the drag strip for the next 2 years after graduating H.S.!!LOL Ended up breaking a ring in number 8 but it still ran!! Sold the car a few years later. :(

mopars rocked the world in the 60 and 70s,the 340 dusters and darts out of the factory with headers and slicks would run in the mid to high 12s stock.I had a 360 in my 74 challenger that won all the time in its class,ran in the high 13s and low 14s with street tires,had a 360 in my 69 CUDA with cam and X heads on it and never lost a race with it.the 426 put all fords and chevys on the trailers and sent them home crying,like the saying was if you dont have a hemi you might as well put it on the trailer because thats were it was going.All real car guys that know about mopars would not put the cars down,the others are not real car guys.,

I have a good friend who is a dyed in the wool Pontiac guy and has a couple of killer Ponchos, but he would never act like that. Has a lot of respect for Mopars. Your always going to have people like that, but if the warm up to your mopar powered car, good. If they don't, I would move on.

-
Back