Performance Converter

-
Looks like a awesome engine build.
You may want to consider put a bigger tire on the car before you invest in a converter. The torque you will have will fry those 215/14's
I guess I should start another thread for that. Just to clarify, I rebuilt the original, numbers matching engine, with the correct carb(for A/C), the distributor, and even the original manifolds. I want to run this old girl, so I shrink wrapped the rebuilt original engine, and tucked it into the corner of my climate controlled garage. Like every red blooded American on this site, I want to hear her sing a 6000 RPM through the pipes. That's why I got a 1998 5.9 magnum I'm making my 408 out of. Thanks to all for their sage advice.

I believe that someone is producing a steel Mopar wheel in 15 inch sizes.
I had them on my old Satellite.
Detroit Wheel?
In SBP? That's worth considering. My car still has the original Left hand threads on the studs on the driver's side. Thanks for the response.

Yep. You’ve already got it so send it.
Thanks Yellow Rose. I respect your opinion greatly. I run across the state from Everett area to Mount Spokane several times a year. I wouldn't mind taking a small detour south to buy you lunch some time, or if I score something on your want list.

In SBP? That's worth considering. My car still has the original Left hand threads on the studs on the driver's side. Thanks for the response.

Yeah, Summit has some.

I have to do some measuring, but it looks like I found a set that will fit my rears while looking stock. Thank You.

Those will look dead stock, yet allow me a better, stock looking, 15" rear. Thanks, gentlemen. I have a new stealth plan now. Thanks to all for your advice.

Last edited:
This is what the Lunati site shows for that cam. He showed the advertised duration:
"Solid Roller Cam. Excellent cam for street/strip applications. Has good mid range and excellent upper RPM, torque and HP. Works well in 346-360 c.i. motors. Needs 3200-3500 RPM stall converter or 4 speed transmission, headers, 10.5:1+ compression ratio or better and 4.10 gearing. Rough idle; Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 279/285; Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 249/255; Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .585/.600; LSA/ICL: 110/106; Valve Lash (Int/Exh): 016/016; RPM Range: 3000-7000;"
Thanks, Texas. You saved me a lot of explaining, and had my 6. I hope I can return the favor. Paul.

I talked to Voodoo tech line today. Due to Covid, they're suffering like all industries in our field. I was told I can get my BIG cam in 4-6 weeks. The way things are going, I'm happy wish that. I talked to a man named Will, who answered my questions honestly. It's hard to get cam blanks now. I'm willing to wait to get the cam I want. I wonder, what's my old 5.9 Magnum cam worth as a blank? Worth offering up? Open for thoughts.

I talked to Voodoo tech line today. Due to Covid, they're suffering like all industries in our field. I was told I can get my BIG cam in 4-6 weeks. The way things are going, I'm happy wish that. I talked to a man named Will, who answered my questions honestly. It's hard to get cam blanks now. I'm willing to wait to get the cam I want. I wonder, what's my old 5.9 Magnum cam worth as a blank? Worth offering up? Open for thoughts.
I hope it is only 4-6 weeks for you as well. I ordered a 408 engine from Blueprint engines back in February. Still waiting. They are having issues getting cams. They ordered a lot, and after checking the specs they rejected the whole lot. Talked to them on Tuesday and they said they have NO ETA on a new shipment of cams. They have reached out to other producers and the jury is out. Sounds like a long wait is instore for my engine!

Those will look dead stock, yet allow me a better, stock looking, 15" rear. Thanks, gentlemen. I have a new stealth plan now. Thanks to all for your advice.

If you're talkin about the plain steelies, the stock 9" dog dishes will fit on them too. lol

If you're talkin about the plain steelies, the stock 9" dog dishes will fit on them too. lol
That's what I'm looking for. I can put a set of restored ralleys(I have two sets I restored) but I love the idea of a set of SBP steelies with my poverty caps with trim rings, and a performance 15 inch tire. It might help the rake look, too. Thanks to all. Time to contact Summit.

That's what I'm looking for. I can put a set of restored ralleys(I have two sets I restored) but I love the idea of a set of SBP steelies with my poverty caps with trim rings, and a performance 15 inch tire. It might help the rake look, too. Thanks to all. Time to contact Summit.

I think Mopar rallys look like total *** on everything they ever came on. lol An unwiped ***.

Your opinion, your car. I like the correct A body Ralleys with the light argent center caps on the '70. That said, I love my body painted steelies with the poverty caps. I have two sets of those, too.

My brother had pretty good luck with those on 67 barracuda 410 stroker.
As previously stated i'm sure they might work fine on cars that don't have any power, step up to high 900 hp range and you will understand why I said they suck and that you would have to step up to a real drag radial in that same tire size..

As previously stated i'm sure they might work fine on cars that don't have any power, step up to high 900 hp range and you will understand why I said they suck and that you would have to step up to a real drag radial in that same tire size..

I’ve seen 400 HP cars not hook on Nitto’s. Straight junk.

-
Back