Perhaps I just need a break from editing pictures...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
...was culling thru the pile of digital data I have and came across this....please keep in mind it is not been edited in anywhere, this is straight out of my camera so it is kind of nasty looking..
1DX_3707-2.jpg

But to me the rear tires appear to be floating....

...was culling thru the pile of digital data I have and came across this....please keep in mind it is not been edited in anywhere, this is straight out of my camera so it is kind of nasty looking..View attachment 1715400861
He probably uses Helium in his tires like many dealerships do nowadays!! Many the newer cars use Nitrogen or Helium???

...was culling thru the pile of digital data I have and came across this....please keep in mind it is not been edited in anywhere, this is straight out of my camera so it is kind of nasty looking..View attachment 1715400861
Looks like you caught wheel hop. Look at the position of the traction bar.

How do explain the small amount of daylight under the driver's front tire??????
There is only a little under the inside of the front tire. The outside is on the ground. Also note that the front suspension is unloaded and the bottom of the tire is angled in as a result.

461B4901-E5B7-4776-9472-EF1FA2C649F6.jpeg

Snapped a front u joint and folded the driveshaft underneath and got some pretty good air under the rear tires once. Driveshaft loops are your friend.

Looks like you caught wheel hop. Look at the position of the traction bar.
I need to go back in my editing software and take a look but if I remember right the car had yet to launch...and this was a car that most definitely could not lift a front tire...
I would love to see a close up of that front driver's tire!! @inkjunkie
I will get you one next time I am in Lightroom. I have been avoiding all things camera related today...need to do my LEAST favorite thing tomorrow, clean sensors as I have boogers.
Got a message today from one of the faster guys at the MX park I go to. He asked if I was going to be at the next race and if I would be open to having a bunch of riders walk the track with me, telling me where they would like to see images of...I asked him who was bringing the place markers...I am lucky I can find my way to my truck never mind remember specific spots on a track.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:. That is why the bulk of my drag strip shots are from the tree area...hard to get lost from up there....:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::rofl:

Having no experience with drag racing at all, I won't try to figure out what's going on here. But I will say, with no editing, that's a nice shot!

Snapped a front u joint and folded the driveshaft underneath and got some pretty good air under the rear tires once. Driveshaft loops are your friend.
I saw a guy do that in town growing up he was trying to do a burnout in a Ford ranger and dumped the clutch the front driveshaft joint broke and buried in the pavement and the *** end of the truck went in the air about 2 foot and stayed there ! It was hilarious!

I dont know what's up with the pic but I do know one thing.. I love that car!! If I was to own a none mopar vehicle it would be that style cougar or a 68-69 fairlane/torino

Spoiler alert-

The black burnout mark that ends in front of the rear wheel fools your eye into thinking it's a shadow, partially because it's nearly the same width as the tire from this angle, and partially because of the slick, clean and light colored track surface. Then that same light track surface between the tire and the burnout makes it look like an air gap.

Last edited:
-
Back