Personal best reaction time.

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
Round 1 bracket race last Saturday. Footbraking. Always have. Probably always will.
I blew it in round 2 and broke out, but will have this time slip forever.
Oh, and yes that negative number at the bottom IS the D.A.!!
20230220_143304[1].jpg

At the National Race in Vegas last NovemberI had a .0000
reaction time. The track awarded me a bag
of Donuts!

17 years ago. I was at Stanton for the pure-stock drags. My car was a 100% stock resto, as opposed to the other guys. I hadn't been on a track in 5 years, and the guy next to me had a "stock" 428 Cobra-Jet Torino. I knew he wasn't stock, so I took a stab at the tree. My first pass in 5 years, ended up being a .003, and was enough to hold off a sleeping Ford owner. He was PISSED. I think I beat him by a couple thou...

post Charger Stanton burnout.jpg

I was sure I would get the bye in the next round, but there was no bye. I thought I would at least get a "wait and see bye", but nope.

Wow you're lucky to get to race already !
I don't think racing starts til April here, not bad for me because I am still working at finish mine.
Honestly just getting started with it, but some of it is going quickly.

Wow you're lucky to get to race already !
I don't think racing starts til April here, not bad for me because I am still working at finish mine.
Honestly just getting started with it, but some of it is going quickly.
I kinds noticed you ain't been around as much, figured with you having your engine done, work, and The Family, you been plenty busy!

I kinds noticed you ain't been around as much, figured with you having your engine done, work, and The Family, you been plenty busy!
Well, I've been around just not too much commenting lol.
My engine was done and after 50+ pulls on the Dyno it needed to be pulled apart and made right! (long story and I'm not happy about it)
The last 2 weekends I've been blessed enough to spend most of the time in there working on my car.
Family, bible study, work, fabo, lots to do.

Engine is just about ready to go back together but I'm just making some stuff better before.
I won't be paying anyone to work on my stuff again because it was more convenient at the time.

17 years ago. I was at Stanton for the pure-stock drags. My car was a 100% stock resto, as opposed to the other guys. I hadn't been on a track in 5 years, and the guy next to me had a "stock" 428 Cobra-Jet Torino. I knew he wasn't stock, so I took a stab at the tree. My first pass in 5 years, ended up being a .003, and was enough to hold off a sleeping Ford owner. He was PISSED. I think I beat him by a couple thou...

View attachment 1716053043
Nice 500, one of the coolest Mopars ever

No racing here but there was just a 10,000.00 payout in an Ohio practice tree race last weekend and another very nice on locally this weekend. Mopar racer Michael Beard won 1500.00 in one of the smaller races held. They take that serious around here.

Well, I've been around just not too much commenting lol.
My engine was done and after 50+ pulls on the Dyno it needed to be pulled apart and made right! (long story and I'm not happy about it)
The last 2 weekends I've been blessed enough to spend most of the time in there working on my car.
Family, bible study, work, fabo, lots to do.
Oh Man, what happened with it?

.002 light. Then broke out by .02. Duh…
I have been trip zip a few times and 002, 003 etc. a lot lately foot braking and deep staging on a .500 pro tree but have been struggling top end either running out by a smidge or killing too much , runner up twice in a month because of it

7D144389-4BBF-4172-8D59-8D73EA20519A.jpeg

I went red .001 and had the announcer say "He's going to kick his own *** when he sees that one!!" LOL

I have had a few .000s and my best package ever was .009. So to change thing up, how about worst? Running against a mid 13s Mustang ll with my mid 11s 62. Give up roughly 2 seconds head start, cut a really good light, covered him at the eighth pole. So like a dumbass I start to race him as if it were a street race, just beat him by a little, fender racing. (ALL I had to do was pedal it once at the eighth and run it out, but nooooooo!)
You guessed it. His top end charge caught me by surprise, and he got around me. I think he went 14 something with a sun dial light, I don't remember how BAD my pass was....? But it was an .001 green.
Haven't made that exact mistake since....yet.

Wish I was racing! But up here in the frozen tundra of Maine we are having a late winter. Usually get all the snow and cold crap in January into around mid February then it starts to improve. Not this year! We've had two snow storms this week already with another coming on Saturday. Luckily today the temps are warm enough to where it's not building up. At least our local track is sponsoring a race car show at the local mall this weekend. Going to take mine over tonight. Should be a good time!
As for foot braking, I swore that's the only way I would ever race..... then I put a transbrake in..... and now the new car also has a delay box.... oh well, I've always wanted to run Super Pro with the big dogs so here I go!

-
Back