Pet Peeve

-
How about , I need to sale my car, or I would like to sale this item. This car is for sell ! What the heck.

Most of the language goofs that bug me have already been mentioned , but I absolutely hate hearing somebody say something like "We did the install today." YOU CAN'T DO AN INSTALL! It's an INSTALLATION! Also, all the makeover shows on TV have a REVEAL. That's just as wrong.

the ones I listed have small bolt pattern,a lot of fords have the bbpattern but you better measure

How about , I need to sale my car, or I would like to sale this item. This car is for sell ! What the heck.

I see "there" and "their" getting mixed up a lot. So does"know" and "now". Let's not leave out "too" and "to" and "you're"and "your". It's endless. Spelling and grammar always takes a beating in internet automotive forums.

SURPRISINGLY NO ONE HAS MENTIONED TYPING IN ALL CAPS YET.

My peeve right now is: People who use the web to post their used car ad, give almost no info and then say "Serious buyers only! No tire kickers! No emails please...call only between 8pm and 8:15 pm when the moon is in its third phase and waning."

And if you DO email them, they reply back "call me and I wil ltell you everything you want to know".

WHY USE THE WEB TO ADVERTISE! If you use teh wbe to place an ad, chances are the person buying would PREFER To use email at least at first to screen out the crap.

Also, if you post your ad and want to sell the car, realize that a potential buyer may want pics and lots of info before handing over their hard earned money for your "jewel" of a car...dont reply to requests for these with "Well, ok, but I tell you this car is SOLID" then send me pics where the boards look like swiss freaking cheese and the interior looks like it was lived in for 10 years by a family of 10.

Second peeve is those who are selling and state "My absolute rock bottom price is $x...I will keep it before I go any lower. "

Ok then.

Meanwhile, they post over and over on craigslist, etc for months on end at the same exact price.

ITS NOT SELLING at your "rock bottom price". So either STOP offering at that price ...or STOP OFFERING IT!

And ...Why is it that everybody with a converted 6 cylinder Duster with bad floorboards feels his car is one of a kind and worth twoce what the next car is worth? LOL

Sorry...guess I am a little burned out from hunting...LOL :angry7:

The rear of the car, that typically holds the spare tire and your luggage is called a "trunk". It has never and will never be called a "truck".

Funny, I just saw this on an e-bay posting this morning - "New truck mat" - figured they must mean the place that the luggage goes?

Try joining a jeep or truck forum. The atrocious spelling and grammar make 90% of the posts incomprehensible. This is one of best forums I'm a member of in regards to poor spelling.

Mike has special permission to spell anyway he wants. :) "Car Bath Machine" ROTFLMAO!!
Thank you thank you.:toothy10:

Just one more:-D Why do they call it a hot water heater
Why would I want to heat up hot water, water heater.

I can change a camshaft quicker than I can work on any of the items on the back-side of my instrument cluster. I am not a small man (that's being, er, "chairitable,") and getting my hands and arms into the requisite position to work on the rear of the instrument cluster requires me to remove the front bench seat, lie down on my back, get into my "contortionist" mode, and HOPE my arm and hand can be removed from that area when I'm done. So far, I've made it out with all 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand, but next time may be the one....:angry7:

I'm lucky with that. I'm tall and skinny, so when I have to park my head near the pedals, I can snake most of my arm up there and get to work.

The fiancee finds it funny, though. She always makes jokes about hooking my legs over the back of the bench and watching my feet kick as I'm doing whatever.

My pet peeve falls along the basic grammar and spelling routes, too.. However, I'm more than willing to let a fudge here and there slide, no worries. I just get riled when people defend their godawful spelling and atrocious grammar by virtue of "It's just the internet, it don't matter! Lol!!!!!11121!"

I wish that defense worked in other situations; "It's just the shoulder, the speed limit doesn't matter!", or "It's just the highway, my lack of a muffler doesn't matter!".

Try joining a jeep or truck forum. The atrocious spelling and grammar make 90% of the posts incomprehensible. This is one of best forums I'm a member of in regards to poor spelling.

ROTFLMAO!!

I'm a member of one of those as well and this one is much better at spelling and grammar. It's like to decode some VIN's I've seen...

Cars for sale with these statements:
All the glass is perfect, except the driverside window is cracked.
The body is rust free, except for the right side floor pan which is rusted out.

As far as spelling and grammer, when i was a young buck and in school english class didn't interest me in the least. (not a smart choice!)
So I was happy to pull D's just to get it over with.

But P.E. was a different I had to get an A or I was pissed.

So i guess it's like they use to say on Laugh In:

Different strokes for different folks !!! :-D:toothy10:

Pet Peeve:

Sportscasters who insist on saying, "The (enter hometown team name here) have rabid fans!" No, the team has AVID fans. Unless those fans are foaming at the mouth and bite other fans, they are not "rabid."

My one pet peeve is the laungage these kids try to use today like NOS they think they know everything about engines because Fast and Furious Honda's.
One stupid 19 year old bought a ten pound bottle of nitro's and a soleniod to pump it in and thought he could put it into the air box itself. Guess what happened when he hit the buton poof. I bought from him for 25 buck's :toothy10::toothy10:

God only knows what some of these poor kid's will be doing ten years from now

I teach Advanced Composition at the college level as an adjunct professor...just wish I could use that money to buy a project!!

So, does this mean you are "a junk" professor? Do you lead field trips to the wrecking yard and teach would-be mechanics to find and remove correct parts from the donor candidates so they can excel at "Advanced Competition"?

Yep! ya sure can get a bit confused with just a few scrambled letters...:-D

How about:
People who don't check their spelling before posting on any site, it only takes a few seconds people!
Also, the big thing that irks me is:

LIARS.

So, does this mean you are "a junk" professor? Do you lead field trips to the wrecking yard and teach would-be mechanics to find and remove correct parts from the donor candidates so they can excel at "Advanced Competition"?

Yep! ya sure can get a bit confused with just a few scrambled letters...:-D

Honestly...I think I would rather teach a course like that! Very funny. Well done 62 Val

1) People driving in the left lane with their blinker on doing 45 MPH

2) Someone cutting me of...and then giving me the finger

3) "To continue in english, press 1"

4) People who bring 20 items into the 12 items or less express check out line

5) When a show i want to watch gets pre-emtemted

6) When my wife has a headache

7) A beautifully painted engine compartment with painted shock hardware,
brake lines, wiper motor and wiring,

8 When my wife wants to talk and it is the : bottom of the ninth, fourth 1/4,
when theres 5 minutes left till the end of the movie...you get the idea.

And the list goes on and on and on.....

How about:
People who don't check their spelling before posting on any site, it only takes a few seconds people.

Spelling like being a Production Technition? lol Sorry, couldn't resist.

I wish everybody would stop pickin' on me! I just ain't no good at spellin' stuff. Do we all feel a little "paranoid" now?

I'm sure this thread will come back to haunt us. lol

How about:
People who don't check their spelling before posting on any site, it only takes a few seconds people!
Also, the big thing that irks me is:

LIARS.

I get irate when I do check my spelling here - this site spell checks in Americanese eh! =P~

-
Back