Pet Peeve

-

Abodywantedinmi

"All I ever need...
Reaction score
This may not be "Mopar General Discussions" material, but I only look at Mopars and I have to rant:

The rear of the car, that typically holds the spare tire and your luggage is called a "trunk". It has never and will never be called a "truck". I think this shows up all the time on classifieds, ebay auctions, etc. Drives me nuts!!

Rant over...

Any other pet peeves??

Hmm. I've never seen it called that. But speaking of spelling/grammar pet peaves, the mis-use of there, they're, and their, hear and here, and to and too. Bugs me. There are a couple other common ones that I see all the time, but can't think of them right now.

If I got all up set at every one who made a typo or miss spelled a word. I would be pissed off at my self all the time. LOL

They are called turtle hulls too.
I don't get up set over how people spell or write right or wrong.
I figure there is enough people getting up set at my way of spelling or wording.

Hmmm My pet peeve is taking my aerial wire off before I go though a car bath machine. :toothy7:

What tee's me off is finding a narrow enough rim to put a tire on so the spare tire cover sits flat against the trunk floor. 14 x 4.5 is to wide. you have to use a 14 x 4 rim.

This may not be "Mopar General Discussions" material, but I only look at Mopars and I have to rant:

The rear of the car, that typically holds the spare tire and your luggage is called a "trunk". It has never and will never be called a "truck". I think this shows up all the time on classifieds, ebay auctions, etc. Drives me nuts!!

Rant over...

Any other pet peeves??

The grammar and spelling on this forum and many other automotive-related sites is atrocious. :angry7:

Hmm. I've never seen it called that. But speaking of spelling/grammar pet peaves, the mis-use of there, they're, and their, hear and here, and to and too. Bugs me. There are a couple other common ones that I see all the time, but can't think of them right now.
Hell, nobody ever said, "Those Mopar guys are all english majors!" lol Geez, I still type with two fingers and can't spell worth a crap either.

Hell, I got two PhD's and it still don't help me none! Still cain't spell nor write.

One fits on the tractor 3 point and the other one is a two handle manual model.

Post Hole Digger :cheers::toothy10::-D

I hate to say it but I hate those donut tire spares,except they fit in the trunk so the cover lays flat,I put it in upside down and there is room for jumper cables and a few tools and small parts for emergencies,they can be found with caviliers and some of the lil mopar k cars
What tee's me off is finding a narrow enough rim to put a tire on so the spare tire cover sits flat against the trunk floor. 14 x 4.5 is to wide. you have to use a 14 x 4 rim.

Try joining a jeep or truck forum. The atrocious spelling and grammar make 90% of the posts incomprehensible. This is one of best forums I'm a member of in regards to poor spelling.

Mike has special permission to spell anyway he wants. :) "Car Bath Machine" ROTFLMAO!!

Try joining a jeep or truck forum. The atrocious spelling and grammar make 90% of the posts incomprehensible. This is one of best forums I'm a member of in regards to poor spelling.

Mike has special permission to spell anyway he wants. :) "Car Bath Machine" ROTFLMAO!!

Sometimes I find myself trying to figure out what the poster is asking. Like a game of trying to decipher a personalized license plate...LOL

I can deal with the spelling issue most of the time, but the punctuation part can be confusing. Not really a "pet peeve", but not knowing where one thought ends and the next one begins can be a challenge. :toothy10:

And Mike's post of a "Car Bath Machine" created a perfect image for me and no confusion, just a smile....8)

it kinda adds fun to an already cool and fun familyI love using way to many comma's and apostrophe's in on long drawn out paragraph of a sentence,and I speel perfactly buy ma tipeing is terrribbble,,,,,,commas are kewl!!!apostiphey thingies are lil commas with wings'''''' love em!!!ok so I like the xclamation thingies too!!!!!spell check??????where is that ???? =)

Truck instead of trunk is a good one, however i really hate tubed instead of tubbed.
I know a lot of guys will hate me for this but, i really hate any wheels on a older car more than 15" it really looks out of place and I also don't like the flat plymouth hubcaps that a lot of dusters had in the 70's, but pie plates are cool to me. Go figure.
I'm just old school i guess.:-D
Oh yeah, i forgot people texting while driving!
Tom.

My pet peeves involve my A-Body.

The absolute WORST thing about my car is the stupid way the factory designed the dash as regards "maintenance."

They put this thing together like it was never, EVER going to have a dash light burn out, a speedometer cable need to be replaced, or that idiotic 5-volt instrument voltage regulator wear out.

I can change a camshaft quicker than I can work on any of the items on the back-side of my instrument cluster. I am not a small man (that's being, er, "chairitable,") and getting my hands and arms into the requisite position to work on the rear of the instrument cluster requires me to remove the front bench seat, lie down on my back, get into my "contortionist" mode, and HOPE my arm and hand can be removed from that area when I'm done. So far, I've made it out with all 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand, but next time may be the one....:angry7: My gas gauge won't work, and the sending unit ohms check out... No question as to what's wrong.

All this, when, all they had to do was to make the top of the dash removeable, or at least put it on some sort of an articulated hinge, so it would be capable of rising up, then move forward, with a prop-rod to hold it high enough so that you could see behind the cluster and make the necessary repairs FROM THE TOP!!! DUH..........

If I were a little younger, I'd build such a dash and sell them to disgruntled A-Body owners... of which there are probably multitudes!

I'm surprised Schumacher hasn't already done it!!! LOL!

Pet peeve #2 is that moronic, Rube Goldberg steering coupler! WHAT was the guy smoking who dreamed up THAT engineering nightmare? Probably the same thing the engine-designer was smoking when he figured out that they could get away with leaving the "poly" angle on the L-A lifter bores, even though it resulted in some truly crazy pushrod geometry. Jeesh... Guess he was still smokin' when they re-did the block for the Magnum motor; an excellent time to change that geometric mess.... But, Noooooooooooooooooo.....:angry7:

Replacing the EXCELLENT L-A rocker arm shafts with these gimpy ball-stud rocker arms on my 360- Magnum gets honorable mention...

I get to thinking about those several engineering debacles, and it makes me forget all about people who post "alot" when the mean "a lot;" "their" when they mean "they're;" and "aloud" when they mean "allowed."

It's the REAL nuisances, such as the POINTED things sticking through the floor in the bell housing area that tear up the back of your hand when you're trying to work on the attachment bolts that go through the bell housing and into the back of the engine block, that REALLY get my attention!!!

I took a 2" hole saw and cut access holes in the floorboard behind 4 of them so I can get a socket/extension/ratchet assembly on them from inside the car. Unibody? What "unibody?" :read2:

But, on it's worst day, I wouldn't trade it for 10 Chebbys and a Furd....

Believe it!!! 8)

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

When people are selling used parts and they tell me how much it cost new.I know how much it cost thats why I am looking for it used.Also when people think they got gold and there parts are junk.:bootysha::bootysha:

I hate to say it but I hate those donut tire spares,except they fit in the trunk so the cover lays flat,I put it in upside down and there is room for jumper cables and a few tools and small parts for emergencies,they can be found with caviliers and some of the lil mopar k cars

I was going to go to the salvage yard and look for one from a Explorer or something. Do these have the BBP or small?

I can change a camshaft quicker than I can work on any of the items on the back-side of my instrument cluster. I am not a small man (that's being, er, "chairitable,") and getting my hands and arms into the requisite position to work on the rear of the instrument cluster requires me to remove the front bench seat, lie down on my back, get into my "contortionist" mode, and HOPE my arm and hand can be removed from that area when I'm done. So far, I've made it out with all 4 fingers and a thumb on each hand, but next time may be the one....:angry7:

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

Ever try working under a dash on an import without removing the front seat? :x

-
Back