-
Status
Not open for further replies.

racer9190

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have an original Petty Kit car that was raced in California back in 1976 - 1978. basically a rolling chassis with a bunch of extra parts...original Petty headers, suspension, etc...I have a Volare donor car for the body panels that will go with....

ALSO: I have "the original jig" used to build these cars at Petty Enterprises...as well as two sets of blueprints....Great piece of history here!

Asking $10k for all but, Accepting offers...

Your info was sent to a friend who collects kit cars in my area. (NE Iowa)
toolmanmike

I have an original Petty Kit car that was raced in California back in 1976 - 1978. basically a rolling chassis with a bunch of extra parts...original Petty headers, suspension, etc...I have a Volare donor car for the body panels that will go with....

ALSO: I have "the original jig" used to build these cars at Petty Enterprises...as well as two sets of blueprints....Great piece of history here!

Accepting offers...

I am the friend in Ne Iowa tell me more/pics!
thanks TMM

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

DISPLAY1.jpg

KitCar042.jpg

KitCar007.jpg

Neat piece of Mopar history...back when Chrysler was a domestic company and all!

Just a suggestion ..But i would contact NASCAR and or the Petty camp and make mention you have it complete with the trailer.I'm willing to bet if they dont grab it up word will get to someone that may want it...Just a thought...

Arco

NOPE NOPE NOPE!!!! Mine is NOT for sale!

Just a suggestion ..But i would contact NASCAR and or the Petty camp and make mention you have it complete with the trailer.I'm willing to bet if they dont grab it up word will get to someone that may want it...Just a thought...

Arco

Don't have picks of the jig yet..it's in storage...

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2,985
  • 013.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 2,362
  • 015.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2,331
  • 026.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,379
  • 023.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,353
  • 022.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 2,475
  • 021.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,370
  • 020.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 2,494
  • 019.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2,392
  • 018.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,379
I see there is a set of frame rails in/on the car Do they need changed out or just included in the spare parts? Does it have obvious damage from major wrecks? Do you have any history on the car? Driver, race team etc. My un assembled one came from Calif too! Would be cool if it was the same team! Got any pics with the old sheet metal on?
"a bunch of extra parts...original Petty headers, suspension, etc"
What all comes with it? Is the Volare parts car just a roller? Extra doors & hood , how about frt. bumper?
How long have you had it back east?
Was the jig with the car or did you get it local? I see you aren't too far from the Petty's.

Car was raced out in southern California...raced bakersfield, Saugus, irwindale, etc... the owner and driver was NASCAR motor builder Mike Ege (before he became a NASCAR motor builder obviously). Mike bought the kit new and built it and raced it back in 75- 76 I believe... Mike and I are good friends and I can get pics and history for you. He has everything right down to the original invoice for the car...

The jig is from Petty enterprises in Randallman, NC. a few of these cars were built there on this jig...after that, most were built in Bob Kesololowski's shop up in Michigan...on a different jig.

The frame rails are ok on the car...but not perfect...so that's why there is new as we were going to get it back to "new" condition again for a museum piece...

The Volare (actually a road runner) body is a rolling car with 2 hoods, and two nice doors...only other thing you might need for sheet metal is the left rear quarter as it has some damage...

Hope that answers it...you can call if you want
Thanks,
Bud

Sort of off topic but I've been trying to figure out what the lower ball joint/steering arm, and spindles look like? Got any pictures? Please? :D

Here are pics of jigs...there are three of them...over-all, front clip and rear clip...

Attachments

• DSCF7462.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,807
  • DSCF7463.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,870
  • DSCF7464.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,870
  • DSCF7465.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,832
Sort of off topic but I've been trying to figure out what the lower ball joint/steering arm, and spindles look like? Got any pictures? Please? :D

Spindles & rotors were 73 C-body reworked to fit the ball joints. The caliper brackets were reworked for diff calipers also.

So it is a 3 piece jig or 3 pieces that you can use individually depending what end needs attention? I guess what I mean does the full chassis sit on the main one or do the small ones attach to the main & the the chassis goes on the assembly. Any pics of the related parts yet? Does the car have a 8.75 in it? Mine came with a quick change but I imagine the kits were varied to fit dif. rule pkg's. Or maybe the Franklin toasted & 8.75 & parts were more readily avail. I wish I wasn't 1/2 a world away from everything I ever interested in! Thanks!

It appears as though they built the front clip on one jig, the rear clip on another and put everything together as 3 assemblies (front, center, and rear) on the overall...as these were the new build jigs, not repair jigs...

Car was raced out in southern California...raced bakersfield, Saugus, irwindale, etc... the owner and driver was NASCAR motor builder Mike Ege (before he became a NASCAR motor builder obviously). Mike bought the kit new and built it and raced it back in 75- 76 I believe... Mike and I are good friends and I can get pics and history for you. He has everything right down to the original invoice for the car...

The jig is from Petty enterprises in Randallman, NC. a few of these cars were built there on this jig...after that, most were built in Bob Kesololowski's shop up in Michigan...on a different jig.

The frame rails are ok on the car...but not perfect...so that's why there is new as we were going to get it back to "new" condition again for a museum piece...

The Volare (actually a road runner) body is a rolling car with 2 hoods, and two nice doors...only other thing you might need for sheet metal is the left rear quarter as it has some damage...

Hope that answers it...you can call if you want
Thanks,
Bud

I bought this car from Mike Ege, raced it a few times at the Orange Show Speedway (86-87) in San Bernardino. When my twins arrived the racing ended. I sold it to to a local guy here in Beaumont, Ca then lost track of it. Scott D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back