PG Classic Mirrors?

-
I get parts from him all the time and its great quality.Bought parts for the dart,the 300,and the road runner.FAst easy service,and was sent in days,as every thing is in stock,since he makes every thing.Mmropartech 514 659 0445

Well they are helpfull I will dispute the fast and in stock as the mirrors I got and the hood scoops where shipped from China. And no thats not sarcasim from China to me.

Unfortunatly my mirrors have an issue and I am stuck waiting for their tech guy to get back to me. The lady -who while trying to be helpful- is very tough to understand on the phone said they will send me a new mirror but I wanted to check to see if I just got a bad one or not.

My friend bought a pair from them for his 68 Charger, they were absolutly terrible. :angry7: They looked like plastic, the mirror reflection part wasn't even made of glass and moved when you shut the doors, couldn't even use them. I would never buy anything from them after seeing that China made repop crap! I will gladly pay more for an original part when the time comes.

compared to my rough stockers they look pretty much identical and I was ok with the quality they painted up nicely etc but when I went to install it the issue is the adjuster knob body and the chrome bezel nut arn't matched. The nut is fine as it will fit a factory mirror but the knob body is 1.5 threads shorter and slightly smaller then the nut is. The nut will slip on about 3 threads before it catches leaveing it only 1 thread max to tighten on which it doesn't.

There isn't much I can do with the mirror short of get another but before I start sending mirrors back and forth I wanted to see if anyone else had a set.

Peter Gee's customer service sucks, big time. If you want an issue resolved become a thorn in his side. Email, call, whatever it takes. Email daily, call every couple days. Dont give him the chance to forget you or he will.
Next time check out BE&A. Apparently his US "partner", always heard he has top notch service.

Well I got an e-mail and they want the mirror back, they are going to refund me for postage.

Hopefully things are going the right direction.

I've bought exterior remote control mirrors and a steering wheel from them, excellent quality and arrived quickly. Last week I ordered a pair of armrest bases, and as you said they where shipped from China, again nothing bad to say about the quality just surprised they came from China when they claim to be the manufacturer for everything they sell. I do agree Pete never answers his emails athough Chad is fairly quick to reply.

I've bought exterior remote control mirrors and a steering wheel from them, excellent quality and arrived quickly. Last week I ordered a pair of armrest bases, and as you said they where shipped from China, again nothing bad to say about the quality just surprised they came from China when they claim to be the manufacturer for everything they sell. I do agree Pete never answers his emails athough Chad is fairly quick to reply.

Not good business to misrepresent the origin of manufacture.

I purchased a passenger side mirror and a set of 68 dart gts hood louvers. The mirror was fine but I was disappointed with the louvers. They were chrome finished instead of the kind of brushed finish like the orginals.

I'm also thinking of Abody mirrors from PG Classics. I do think ALL of their parts are made in China.

The parts I have purchased from them have been okay. Only issue I had was taillight lenses that showed the chrome inserts came with them. I ended up paying extra for those. So the description/picture was misleading.

I've looked at lots of their stuff but never bought anything. It goes against my "don't buy products from China" policy.

They do make a lot of stuff no one else does. My first piss off was when I ordered the mirrors from their nice little catalog -complete with poor spelling-

No where does it say anything about U.S prices. A Canadian company send a Canadian citizen a catalog you would assume... All prices are U.S at any rate.

They do make a lot of stuff no one else does. My first piss off was when I ordered the mirrors from their nice little catalog -complete with poor spelling-

No where does it say anything about U.S prices. A Canadian company send a Canadian citizen a catalog you would assume... All prices are U.S at any rate.

I buy from them because they offer parts I can't find. Their online catalogue only offers the prices in U.S. dollars.

Here's the lenses I mentioned that did not come with the chrome bezel in the picture.
http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=463

I hope you get things straightened out.

Well after more examination I am returning the mirrors.

The passanger mirror in comparison to a factory one has a different angle making the glass maxed out to get any sort of view and even then it's nominal where as a stocker isn't as maxed and has a much better view range.

They didn't give me any hassle about a refund so far.

Guess I'll put some extra elbow grease into the project and revive the 30 plus year old ones to look like new.

Maybe I got a bad set or I'm just anal retentive they say they've sold plenty with no issues.

I have had similar problems with pg classics. I ordered The studs and other mounting hardware for my hood scoops and I made very specific that I needed them by that weekend. I spent an extra ten dollars for the so called express shipping. The itemarrived a week late and when I called to complain they just told me to mail it back and they would refund me with the price. I didn't get refunded my cost to ship which was less then 3 dollars when they originally charged me $15 for. I have felt with bea and like them. I would not deal with pg ever again.

Jeff

I have had similar problems with pg classics. I ordered The studs and other mounting hardware for my hood scoops and I made very specific that I needed them by that weekend. I spent an extra ten dollars for the so called express shipping. The itemarrived a week late and when I called to complain they just told me to mail it back and they would refund me with the price. I didn't get refunded my cost to ship which was less then 3 dollars when they originally charged me $15 for. I have felt with bea and like them. I would not deal with pg ever again.

Jeff

Does anyone know if the mirrors that BE&A sells are the same as the ones sold by PG Classics or different?

Thanks,
Ken

-
Back